Jesus says you must eat me. Are you in Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
He is already inside me so why would I need to eat him? I eat the bread and drink the wine in remembrance of him and also to "proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes." as it says in
1 Corinthians 11:26
For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes.

I am not a Catholic so therefore I do not believe Jesus meant that the bread and wine are literally his body and blood. I believe it is symbolic and not literal. But no doubt there will be many who will disagree as usual.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is already inside me so why would I need to eat him? I eat the bread and drink the wine in remembrance of him and also to "proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes." as it says in
For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes.

I am not a Catholic so therefore I do not believe Jesus meant that the bread and wine are literally his body and blood. I believe it is symbolic and not literal. But no doubt there will be many who will disagree as usual.
Are you part of His body?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The Catholic belief that the bread and wine are literally the body and blood of Jesus didn't become a dogma until 1215 AD and it was around 1226 AD that Catholics began to bow down before the bread but there is no real biblical basis for this belief.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Catholic belief that the bread and wine are literally the body and blood of Jesus didn't become a dogma until 1215 AD and it was around 1226 AD that Catholics began to bow down before the bread but there is no real biblical basis for this belief.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 12:1 KJV
[1] I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

Tecarta Bible

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I am in the body of Christ do you partake of me?
No, I do not eat you.

Having eaten Christ, we are in Him now, so we are already one. We share in all things.

As I offer myself, and you offer yourself, the Body is sacrificed to God, holy for His use.

Much love!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I do not eat you.

Having eaten Christ, we are in Him now, so we are already one. We share in all things.

As I offer myself, and you offer yourself, the Body is sacrificed to God, holy for His use.

Much love!
So what was Commanded to do with the sacrifice that was offered?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what was Commanded to do with the sacrifice that was offered?

Hi Waiting on him,

Are you talking about the animal sacrifices involved in God's covenant with Israel? It depends on which sacrifice it was.

Curious . . . where are you going with this?

Much love!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I do not eat you.

Much love!

Get that it sounds perverse. But in another thread waiting was asking about being living sacrifices. About dying to self and free to serve the Living God. When Christ said “you must eat of My flesh and Drink of My blood.” It is a beautiful thing and not perverse, yeah? In you must be partakers in the Lord’s Table...and the breaking of bread. 2 Thessalonians 1:3 We are bound to thank God always for you, brethren, as it is meet, because that your faith groweth exceedingly, and the charity of every one of you all toward each other aboundeth;

What does it mean to be born of God...what does it mean to be the children of God. What does it mean to be of a life-giving (quickening) Spirit? 1 Corinthians 12:7 But the ‘manifestation of the Spirit’ is given to every man to profit withal.

Revelation 22:2
[2] In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

Know this is debated...Would you say the children of God are to bare Spiritual fruit of the tree of Life which is Christ? I realize this wants to get pushed off in the future but would anyone deny “the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations.” ? In that it is the spiritual fruits of Life that overcomes death. If the children are one body and one bread then are they not also for food? Consider Mark 8:14-17 Now the disciples had forgotten to take bread, neither had they in the ship with them more than one loaf. [15] And he charged them, saying, Take heed, beware of the leaven of the Pharisees, and of the leaven of Herod. [16] And they reasoned among themselves, saying, It is because we have no bread. [17] And when Jesus knew it, he saith unto them, Why reason ye, because ye have no bread? perceive ye not yet, neither understand? have ye your heart yet hardened?

There is a bread ...with commands about that bread. To deal it out to the hungry. Not sure why it is so far off to say ...as fruit of the Spirit is edible, so is the bread of the Spirit edible, and so is the living water for thirst.
John 7:37-38 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. [38] He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

To say the tree of Life does not bare fruit to be eaten until the future ...then We all hunger and thirst having nothing to eat as to not faint.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I am not. You do believe some strange things. But then you have been taught that stuff all your life probably and it's hard to accept new ideas.
I wasn’t taught this by any man.
The Catholics teach that it’s a physical piece of bread and the wine becomes literal blood. If the clergy would disrobe themselves and see that they are all one bread them and the laity. Then Christ would be seen

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Waiting on him,

Are you talking about the animal sacrifices involved in God's covenant with Israel? It depends on which sacrifice it was.

Curious . . . where are you going with this?

Much love!
Yes what did he command Israel to do with their sacrifice to them, and do we not make a sacrifice to God?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes what did he command Israel to do with their sacrifice to them, and do we not make a sacrifice to God?
Some sacrifices were eaten by others, some sacrifices were eaten by yourself, and some sacrifices weren't eaten at all, rather were burnt completely.

Much love!

Reactions: Waiting on him

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 12:1 KJV
[1] I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

Tecarta Bible

You brought this out one day...never noticed it before. By the mercies of God... “Acceptable unto God”
Isaiah 61:2-3 To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;[3] To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning,the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord,...that he might be glorified.

John 16:19-24 Now Jesus knew that they were desirous to ask him, and said unto them, Do ye enquire among yourselves of that I said, A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me? [20] Verily, verily, I say unto you, That ye shall weep and lament, but the world shall rejoice: and ye shall be sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy.[21] A woman when she is in travail hath sorrow, because her hour is come: but as soon as she is delivered of the child, she remembereth no more the anguish, for joy that a man is born into the world. [22] And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you. [23] And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you. [24] Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.

...ask ...that your joy may be full.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If your in Him then you are the bread and the wine.