Jesus tells us the Words Spoken by a Man in Hell for over 2000 years!!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And being in torments in Hades, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
24 Then he cried and said, 'Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.'
25 But Abraham said, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things; but now he is comforted and you are tormented.
26 And besides all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed, so that those who want to pass from here to you cannot, nor can those from there pass to us.'
27 Then he said, 'I beg you therefore, father, that you would send him to my father's house,
28 for I have five brothers, that he may testify to them, lest they also come to this place of torment.'
29 Abraham said to him, 'They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.'
30 And he said, 'No, father Abraham; but if one goes to them from the dead, they will repent.'
31 But he said to him, 'If they do not hear Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded though one rise from the dead.' " Luke 16:24-31=============and you?!!

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This inspired me to each day pray for those souls in torment.
Thank you.

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Far too late now!!
Oh, so you must believe there is no hope for a soul in hell.
Where as I believe there is always hope for every soul to repent, awaken and to
chose even a small glimmer of light and goodness...to come back to
God and all the peace and love that means.
Eternal hell is something I could never believe in.
I certainly have gotten a lot of guff believing my Father is always waiting to bring us Home when we would only want that, and thus, allow it.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hell was created for satan and demons but those that chose to reject God's love aso chose hell. Jesus gave His Blood and life on that Roman cross so no one need to go to hell but those that love their sins more than God!!

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hell was created for satan and demons but those that chose to reject God's love aso chose hell. Jesus gave His Blood and life on that Roman cross so no one need to go to hell but those that love their sins more than God!!
Yes,still praying for them to leave their love of all their wrongs.
I know most people think hell is eternal, I just don't.
And I don't want to derail the subject of the thread.

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
1Co 15:29 Else what shall they do that are baptized for the dead? If the dead are not raised at all, why then are they baptized for them?

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What little men think or believe about eternal hell changes no truth!! Chose to believe God's Word and ignore the ideas and opinions of little men!!
Jesus says==
Matthew 25:46 “And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.

Revelation 14:9-11; 19:3 “If anyone worships the beast and its image and receives a mark on his forehead or on his hand, he also will drink the wine of God’s wrath, poured full strength into the cup of his anger, and he will be tormented with fire and sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever, and they have no rest, day or night, these worshipers of the beast and its image, and whoever receives the mark of its name. The smoke from her goes up forever and ever.”

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oh, so you must believe there is no hope for a soul in hell.
Where as I believe there is always hope for every soul to repent, awaken and to
chose even a small glimmer of light and goodness...to come back to
God and all the peace and love that means.
Eternal hell is something I could never believe in.
I certainly have gotten a lot of guff believing my Father is always waiting to bring us Home when we would only want that, and thus, allow it.

:) As I am so often saying...we have not seen the end of The Story....yet.
The time is not yet.
It does still amaze me even now...that people are quite happy to think of other "going to hell"...What torment and sleepless nights for us if we believed that..and couldn't see the Father heart of our Creator God.

I would not wish to be in the shoes of all those...( so many) who believe like that....when standing before God at the end and Him saying so sadly.."and you never knew My heart.."

God bless you...H

Reactions: Richard_oti

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes,still praying for them to leave their love of all their wrongs.
I know most people think hell is eternal, I just don't.

And I don't want to derail the subject of the thread.

Haha! No?? Are you sure? ( re your last line) lol

Last edited:

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I chose to believe the words of Jesus!!! and you??

Jesus says==
Matthew 25:46 “And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.

Revelation 14:9-11; 19:3 “If anyone worships the beast and its image and receives a mark on his forehead or on his hand, he also will drink the wine of God’s wrath, poured full strength into the cup of his anger, and he will be tormented with fire and sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever, and they have no rest, day or night, these worshipers of the beast and its image, and whoever receives the mark of its name. The smoke from her goes up forever and ever.”

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

And being in torments in Hades, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
<snip>

Actually...that was not "Hell". That is not - "the Place Prepared for the Devil and his angels..."
Check it out. Do your research and homework... Check the original text...

Reactions: Willie T

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes!! Hell and death too will be cast into the eternal lake of fire!!
Revelation 20:10

And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Haha! No?? Are you sure? ( re your last line) lol
I stopped talking about it and won't bring up my belief about it anymore...
it's not the point of his thread.
My first spontaneous post about praying for those in hell led to a couple more between the op and me...but no more. if someone ever starts a thread on the subject
of whether hell is eternal for souls, you'll see me there.

Reactions: Helen

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes!!!Many will say,"I believe what I want to believe so don't bother me with what Jesus and the Bible says"!! Very sad!!

Yes!! Hell and death too will be cast into the eternal lake of fire!!
Revelation 20:10

And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My first spontaneous post about praying for those in hell led to a couple more between the op and me...but no more. if someone ever starts a thread on the subject
Actually - it IS at the crux of this thread.

If Hell were temporary, then there should be no fear of it - and there wouldn't be any warning of it, either because we would eventually go to Heaven.

Hell IS eternal - and the Word of God says so, repeatedly . . .

Is. 33:11, 14
"My spirit shall consume you like fire. . . . On Zion sinners are in dread, trembling grips the impious: 'Who of us can live with the consuming fire? Who of us can live with the everlasting flames?'"

Mark 9:47–48
"It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into hell, where the worm does not die, and the fire is not quenched."

Matt. 25:31-34, 41, 46
"He will separate them one from another. . . . Then the king will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father. Inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. . . .' Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you accursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels . . .' And these will go off to ETERNAL punishment, but the righteous to eternal life"

Luke 3:16-17
"He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. His winnowing fan is in his hand to clear his threshing floor and to gather the wheat into his barn, but the chaff he will burn in UNQUENCHABLE fire"

(2 Thess. 1:6-9)
"For it is surely just on God's part to repay with afflictions those who are afflicting you. . . . at the revelation of the Lord Jesus from heaven with his mighty angels, in blazing fire, inflicting punishment on those who do not acknowledge God and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. These will pay the penalty of ETERNAL ruin, separated from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his power."

(Matt. 26:24)
"The Son of man goes as it is written of him, but woe to that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! It would have been better for that man if he had not been born."

Reactions: GISMYS_7

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You have a pattern of speaking your mind but when others bring forth opposing views, you immediately retreat and speak as though you're sorry you brought it up or you just don't want to talk about it anymore.

You say you will be there in a topic concerning is hell for eternal souls. I doubt it.

Stranger

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger, dear, this is the thing...I am on a Christian site....there is so much lack of respect
in rocking the boat.
We agree on so many lovely things ....that is what is respectful...I have no need to change anyone's beliefs. I really don't...unless someone is interested in what I say, why the heck say it!? Right?
It's not a care or job of mine to change people.
Anyone can easily see you are implying I'm chicken to discuss my beliefs...I can not discuss my beliefs or direct experiences with people who quote something in response that I do not believe,
to 'prove' something.
God is pure love and doesn't do what many think He does.
Oh well.
Believe what you all will, it's ok with me...I should not speak up with a diff view.

Btw, I see a pattern in your posts, also...but I will not be
placing that in front of you in some 'nana-nanana' way.
Stay as you are.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger, dear, this is the thing...I am on a Christian site....there is so much lack of respect
in rocking the boat.
We agree on so many lovely things ....that is what is respectful...I have no need to change anyone's beliefs. I really don't...unless someone is interested in what I say, why the heck say it!? Right?
It's not a care or job of mine to change people.
Anyone can easily see you are implying I'm chicken to discuss my beliefs...I can not discuss my beliefs or direct experiences with people who quote something in response that I do not believe,
to 'prove' something.
God is pure love and doesn't do what many think He does.
Oh well.
Believe what you all will, it's ok with me...I should not speak up with a diff view.

Btw, I see a pattern in your posts, also...but I will not be
placing that in front of you in some 'nana-nanana' way.
Stay as you are.

I don't think or imply that you're chicken. And, I don't think this cite is a 'Christian site'. It is more a religious site where you can find Christians.

I have purposely gone on atheist sites just for the purpose of arguing or debating them. I don't advise that for all believers, but I am comfortable doing it. My point is that one had better know their own belief and how to support it. If you do not have a consistent source of knowledge from what you believe, and show that it supports your faith, then you are just left with 'you'. And no matter how pseudo spiritual it sounds, it is still just 'you'.

The Christians source of knowledge comes via the Holy Spirit and the Bible which is the Word of God. Both are necessary.

When you say, 'God is pure love and doesn't do what many think He does', what you are saying is that God isn't like how the Bible describes Him.

Stranger