Jesus=The Man God Became.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus= The Man God Became!! John 10:30 Jesus says= I and My Father are One.

John 14:9 Jesus says= He who has seen Me has seen the Father.

Colossians 1:14-17(AMP) Jesus==
in whom we have redemption [because of His sacrifice, resulting in] the forgiveness of our sins [and the cancellation of sins’ penalty].
15 He is the exact living image [the essential manifestation] of the unseen God [the visible representation of the invisible], the firstborn [the preeminent one, the sovereign, and the originator] of all creation. 16 For [d]by Him all things were created in heaven and on earth, [things] visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities; all things were created and exist through Him [that is, by His activity] and for Him. 17 And He Himself existed and is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.
Jesus= The Man God Became!!
Google== Hal Lindsey-Report : 1/4/2019

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Because he is God that he is able to die in our place, paying our penalty and because he is God that he is ble to come back to life.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because he is God that he is able to die in our place, paying our penalty and because he is God that he is ble to come back to life.

An impossible hypothesis. I guess we can interchange God for Jesus and vis a versa whenever it suits us, or when our 'Church' tells us, or our head hurts because we are confused, or because we do not really take the time to read understand scripture.

I wish you could explain yourself a bit more. I know you do not really think that God Almighty died about 2000 years ago.

APAK

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An impossible hypothesis. I guess we can interchange God for Jesus and vis a versa whenever it suits us, or when our 'Church' tells us, or our head hurts because we are confused, or because we do not really take the time to read understand scripture.

I wish you could explain yourself a bit more. I know you do not really think that God Almighty died about 2000 years ago.

APAK
Isaiah 9:6 "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace".

If the Father and Son are two different Persons this verse makes no sense at all. But once we see that “Father” and “Son” are titles of the one Person, the Holy Spirit then it makes FAITH.

For the Father, Spirit/the Holy Spirit, is the Son/The Holy Spirit "diversified" in flesh. titles are not Persons.

JESUS, the Holy Spirit is the Father and the Son.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 9:6 "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace".

If the Father and Son are two different Persons this verse makes no sense at all. But once we see that “Father” and “Son” are titles of the one Person, the Holy Spirit then it makes FAITH.

For the Father, Spirit/the Holy Spirit, is the Son/The Holy Spirit "diversified" in flesh. titles are not Persons.

JESUS, the Holy Spirit is the Father and the Son.
You are correct Isaiah 9:6 as it is written does infer one person and there is only one, Jesus Christ and not God Almighty. It would make more sense however if all the Bibles with this Trinitarian bias translation change it to its original and correct meaning without ant bias. Not happening anytime soon I'm afraid. Then it is much clearer to see they are actually one person and one spirit in the verse. Yes we do have God Almighty and Jesus although they are two different personalities and spirits and never shall be interchanged or fused or melded or sometimes one person and then sometimes two as a God-man interchangeable spirit kit.

There are two major errors in Isaiah 9:6: 1. "The mighty God" is a dishonest translation. It should be as in 'the mighty one, mighty hero or even mighty god' never God (Almighty). No explanation given as I seem to do all the explaining and work for others on this site, and then there is rarely any reciprocity. Decided to go on strike for now. And 2. Another dishonest and even deceitful translation "The everlasting Father" should be as in "father of the future (eternal) age or ages" Never the Everlasting Father as in God Almighty. Again no explanation given for the same reason given above.

I would be careful in what scripture translation I use to support my hypotheses and I have to admit you would be hard pressed to find a printed version much different from yours you quoted.

Bless you,

APAK

Last edited:

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only the body can ever die the soul and spirit are eternal in heaven or hell!!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"The everlasting Father" should be as in "father of the future (eternal) age or ages" Never the Everlasting Father as in God Almighty. Again no explanation given for the same reason given above.
first thanks for the reply,

second, let's try this explanation. if this referes to a "future" Father, would not this violate scripture?
Malachi 2:10 "Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us? why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers?".

so even if this was future, then one would have two Fathers, and that's anti bible.

please explain, if you have an alternative explanation

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only the body can ever die the soul and spirit are eternal in heaven or hell!!
Matthew 10:28 "And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

PICJAG

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first thanks for the reply,

second, let's try this explanation. if this referes to a "future" Father, would not this violate scripture?
Malachi 2:10 "Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us? why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers?".

so even if this was future, then one would have two Fathers, and that's anti bible.

please explain, if you have an alternative explanation
Ok just one more response to your post 101G...getting ready to go away for a couple of weeks......sorry for the rushed treatment here...it an excuse and reality...

I will explain a part of Isaiah 9:6 concerning "the father" ... contextually it is used in this case to denote the father or founder of new believers, the head of the 'Church' and from Isiah's perspective it was written for his future, future age. And Jesus is the father of it, the founder. Yes, he gave birth to this new creature we call a new believer etc. Henry Ford was the father of the model Ford T etc....Joseph Smith was the father of Mormonism etc... Now Jesus' Kingdom will last into eternity or when or as is determined by HIS FATHER.

Further, Jesus is NEVER called the everlasting father or mistaken for God Almighty in scripture. They are never mixed or confused in scripture. God Almighty on the other hand is called the eternal father and spirit and the source of divinity.

NO more explanation if all I get are more new cherry-picked scripture verses that are not relevant to the subject at hand, even though they 'seen' to fit as forcing a jigsaw piece into the wrong piece and calling it good. The spiritual jigsaw puzzle must fit perfectly and without effort, forming the complete picture of God with his dynamic word or mind, collectively called the Holy Spirit, and his Son, Jesus the Christ. That is my life-long quest in scripture study, to complete the puzzle perfectly.

Bless you,

APAK

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The One True Almighty God is Father, Son and Holy Spirit= the One True Almighty God!!
John 10:30
Jesus says==“I and my Father are one.”
Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok just one more response to your post 101G...getting ready to go away for a couple of weeks......sorry for the rushed treatment here...it an excuse and reality...

I will explain a part of Isaiah 9:6 concerning "the father" ... contextually it is used in this case to denote the father or founder of new believers, the head of the 'Church' and from Isiah's perspective it was written for his future, future age. And Jesus is the father of it, the founder. Yes, he gave birth to this new creature we call a new believer etc. Henry Ford was the father of the model Ford T etc....Joseph Smith was the father of Mormonism etc... Now Jesus' Kingdom will last into eternity or when or as is determined by HIS FATHER.

Further, Jesus is NEVER called the everlasting father or mistaken for God Almighty in scripture. They are never mixed or confused in scripture. God Almighty on the other hand is called the eternal father and spirit and the source of divinity.

NO more explanation if all I get are more new cherry-picked scripture verses that are not relevant to the subject at hand, even though they 'seen' to fit as forcing a jigsaw piece into the wrong piece and calling it good. The spiritual jigsaw puzzle must fit perfectly and without effort, forming the complete picture of God with his dynamic word or mind, collectively called the Holy Spirit, and his Son, Jesus the Christ. That is my life-long quest in scripture study, to complete the puzzle perfectly.

Bless you,

APAK
cain't buy those ... cherries you just picked, and now trying to sell. I understand the terminology of Father when used metaphorically, but you forget the other titles, so let's not cherry over pick them.
A. the government shall be upon his shoulder:
here Jesus is the Governor. who else is the governor? let's check the record,
Psalms 22:28 "For the kingdom is the LORD'S: and he is the governor among the nations.

well, well, well, the LORD all caps, meaning God is the Governor, and JESUS is he.

B. shall be called Wonderful,
Wonderful here means "miracle worker".
John 2:23 "Now when he was in Jerusalem at the passover, in the feast day, many believed in his name, when they saw the miracles which he did.

John 12:37 "But though he had done so many miracles before them, yet they believed not on him:
and as for God the many miracles he did just in Egypt alone, speak volume.

C. Counsellor
Psalms 16:7 "I will bless the LORD, who hath given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons.

Proverbs 12:20 "Deceit is in the heart of them that imagine evil: but to the counsellors of peace is joy". (got two for one, the counsellors and the PRINCE of Peace).

1 John 2:1 "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
the term "Advocate" is the greek word,
G3875 παράκλητος parakletos (pa-ra'-klee-tos) n.
1. (properly) one called near (to give help).
2. an intercessor (one who entreats of behalf of another).
3. a comforter.
[(not given)]
KJV: advocate, comforter
Root(s): G3844, G2822
See also: G3874

a Counsellor is a LAWYER, or advocate, or the "COMFORTER". which is GOD.

now, "everlasting?"
Micah 5:2 "But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting". who is this EVERLASTING one?. let the record speak,
Matthew 2:3 "When Herod the king had heard these things, he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him.
Matthew 2:4 "And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he demanded of them where Christ should be born.
Matthew 2:5 "And they said unto him, In Bethlehem of Judaea: for thus it is written by the prophet,
Matthew 2:6 "And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel.

there is that "EVERLASTING" one, the Governor, who is the COMFORTER, the Holy Ghost, God almighty in flesh.

so apak, I cannot buy those cherries.

PICJAG

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

APAK
Jesus is God. If he were not he could not die for our sins, as a man he could only die for his sins.
Yes Jesus is the Son of God, just as the Holy Spirit is God.
This is confirmed by Jesus and by the teaching of the NT.

Reactions: Enoch111

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is God. If he were not he could not die for our sins, as a man he could only die for his sins.
Yes Jesus is the Son of God, just as the Holy Spirit is God.
This is confirmed by Jesus and by the teaching of the NT.
I have only one question, you said, "as a man he could only die for his sins". what sins did he committ?

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The One True Almighty God is Father, Son and Holy Spirit= the One True Almighty God!!
John 10:30
Jesus says==“I and my Father are one.” United as one as in Gal.3:28 (same word) we are all one in Christ.
Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen (discerned) me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have only one question, you said, "as a man he could only die for his sins". what sins did he committ?

If he were not ,God, as a man he could only die for his own sins.

If he were, not, God as a man he would be a sinner.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If he were not ,God, as a man he could only die for his own sins.
he was sinless and took on the sins of the world, only God can do that.
2 Corinthians 5:21 "For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him".

that's why he came in flesh that was in the likeness of sin, but without sin, hence the virgin birth.

so all of your assertion are false. you have no clue to God.

Good day.

PICJAG.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
he was sinless and took on the sins of the world, only God can do that.
2 Corinthians 5:21 "For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him".

that's why he came in flesh that was in the likeness of sin, but without sin, hence the virgin birth.

so all of your assertion are false. you have no clue to God.

Good day.

PICJAG.

I suggest you re read my post 14 and the post I was repling to, then you will understand what I was saying.