Jesus's Explanation of Grace in it's Nature and Effects.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A

Anima

I don't believe it was Jesus who spoke to Maria Valtorta.

...im saying that you telling us that Jesus is now speaking directly to Maria, is a deceit.

Have either of you read Maria Valtorta's writings, and researched the arguments of both her critics and supporters, as I have? Or, have you just automatically believed and/or copied/pasted the arguments of her critics, without also reading her writings and arguments of supporters?

I'm seriously asking, because a couple years ago, on this forum actually, a member who, despite being unfamiliar with Maria Valtorta and her writings, copied/pasted the arguments of a critic of hers. Their source summarized various paragraphs from some of Maria's writings, then criticized them and her harshly.

I read each summary, and since I had read the paragraphs in the Work, I knew the source was lying about them. Even if I hadn't already been familiar, on this source's site, below each summary was a link to the paragraph location in the book, so people could verify! I showed this other forum member what their source was claiming the paragraphs said and what they actually said in the book, then admonished them and their source for their laziness and dishonesty. They never replied.

It was then I decided to not waste my time defending Maria Valtorta against the lazy and dishonest. So, if after this you claim as fact your belief Jesus didn't really speak to Maria Valtorta, and you want me to address your arguments, then you must (i) speak charitably towards me and about Maria Valtorta, regardless of your opinion of the Work, (ii) be well familiarized with Maria Valtorta, her writings (there's at least 10 books, I own them all), and the arguments of both her critics and supporters, and (iii) have fact checked all your sources. Otherwise, please keep your belief as just that.

Regarding the OP, your attempts to discredit it have been unsuccessful, at least to me, because I see how you're both reading into something that's not there. Your first problem is going into reading the OP having already concluded it's not Jesus speaking, and thus you're expecting to find errors, and so your focus becomes finding errors. That's why @keithr jumped on the sentence about reason that included the word ''evolution'' and assumed it had to be about humans achieving reason from evolution itself, rather than God. However, that's clearly not what Jesus said, rather that we begin to use the reason God gave us at a certain stage in our human development. It's why you don't see babies reasoning the way older children or adults do, for example. As for you, @Behold, you jumped on the sentence about Jesus explaining the reason His apostles and disciples worked miracles, etc, is because they possessed God's Grace, calling it "demonic spiritualism," even though Jesus said, "Truly, truly I say to you, the one who believes in Me, the works that I do, he will do also; and greater works than these he will do; because I am going to the Father'' (Jn. 14:12). How else would they have worked God's power if not by possessing His Grace, which is His power, in addition to His Grace being many other things as well?

Lastly, I advise and applaud discernment, but without prejudgement, of anyone claiming to have received dictations from Jesus, or any other heavenly person, because there are those who falsely believe/claim they're receiving dictations from heavenly persons. I understand it feels safer to only read the Bible, and if you do that's fine, but if we limit the eternal voice of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit to one book, the Bible, we miss out on other good spiritual helps from Him.

We have the tools to help us discern who are of God and satan. Jesus also says, "We shall know them by their fruits'' (Matt. 7:16). Maria Valtorta died in 1961, but from 1943-1950, she faithfully served Jesus by writing down all He told her to during those few years, for the world. Her Work is good fruit. Jesus elaborated on much of what we read in the Bible and spoke about many things not covered in it. It doesn't mean the Bible is insufficient, but no one book could cover all there is to know.

From her writings, you indirectly learn about Jesus's and the apostle's, etc, looks and personalities, as well. For example, Jesus would show Maria scenes in full from His life on earth, beginning with His Mother's Mary's birth, and after His Asecnsion, etc, many that we read about in the Bible, so it was like she was there in the moment thousands of years ago. Afterward, she described the scene, all she saw, heard, and smelled, etc, in full, with Jesus's help. It's so well done it could only be divinely guided when you read it, it's like you're there too.

Peter, for example, was funny when mad haha, stubborn, hardworking, well meaning, couldn't stand his mother-in-law haha, and when he would behave uncharitably, Jesus was severe with him about it, but loving. Peter and his wife, Porphirea, wished they had children, so Jesus said they could adopt a boy disciple of His named, Marjiam. Marjiam later became Saint Martial (https://www.newadvent.org/cathen/09721c.htm).

Andrew, Peter's brother, was quiet, shy, and caring. Peter and Andrew would tease eachother about the other's personality sometimes, which is funny banter to read haha.

Jesus spoke to the crowds a lot, so when He wasn't, He was often quiet and/or in prayer, but he has a good sense of humor. He would say funny one liners sometimes, and in one scene I read, Peter said something that made Jesus let out a short but loud laugh. He's tall, light haired, fair skinned, with beautiful blue eyes. He always stood out among people. His Mother, Mary, is the same, but shorter.

Maria even wrote about things that weren't even discovered and proven to be true until after her death.

Anyway, there's a lot to share, it's such a gift :]

Last edited by a moderator:

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Have either of you read Maria Valtorta's writings, and researched the arguments of both her critics and supporters, as I have? Or, have you just automatically believed and/or copied/pasted the arguments of her critics, without also reading her writings and arguments of supporters?
I've read very little of her writings because on the two occasions that I have (in posts on this forum) there were sentences in the first paragraph or two that were clearly at odds with Scripture, so it was obviously not to be trusted and should be avoided.

So, if after this you claim as fact your belief Jesus didn't really speak to Maria Valtorta, and you want me to address your arguments, then you must (i) speak charitably towards me and about Maria Valtorta, regardless of your opinion of the Work, (ii) be well familiarized with Maria Valtorta, her writings (there's at least 10 books, I own them all), and the arguments of both her critics and supporters, and (iii) have fact checked all your sources. Otherwise, please keep your belief as just that.
I base my beliefs on the Bible, the recognised word of God. Anything that is contrary to the Bible I will discard. So I discard Maria Valtorta's writings just as I discard the Koran. We should not waste our time on studying such writings. As Paul wrote, 1 Corinthians 2:2 (WEB):

(2) For I determined not to know anything among you, except Jesus Christ, and him crucified.​

As someone once wrote, "When we see others walking in forbidden paths, in the way of transgressors, we are not to follow them there in order to help them out; but to show them the right path by keeping in it and calling to them. When we see some confusing themselves with doctrines and teachings of men, which we know are fundamentally wrong, we are not to wade through those doctrines in order to help them out; but we are to remind them that the study of any doctrine which will not square with the foundation is not only a misuse of consecrated time, but that all trifling with that which we know to be error is wrong and dangerous, as all violations of conscience and principle are dangerous" (from Daily Heavenly Manna).

Your first problem is going into reading the OP having already concluded it's not Jesus speaking, and thus you're expecting to find errors, and so your focus becomes finding errors.
I didn't read it with any preconceived ideas, nor was I trying to find any errors. However, it was very quickly obvious that it did not harmonise with the Bible. Like the Bereans, I'm willing to listen or read, but then check it against the Bible.

Acts 17:11 (WEB):
(11) Now these were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, examining the Scriptures daily to see whether these things were so.

It doesn't mean the Bible is insufficient, but no one book could cover all there is to know.
The Bible does cover all that we need to know for now.

It's so well done it could only be divinely guided when you read it, it's like you're there too.
Making assumptions like that is dangerous. Mediums think they are talking to dead people, and because "it's so well done" they assume it's "divinely guided", when in fact it is demonically guided - see 1 Samuel 28:6-19, where the woman had a "familiar spirit" (demon) supposedly brought the prophet Samuel up from the grave, who told Saul that his sons would die with him in battle, however, only three of Saul's seven sons died in that battle (this being after God had refused to speak to Saul by any means, including through prophets, yet this woman could supposedly overrule God and get a message from a dead prophet!).

Jesus ... [was] tall, light haired, fair skinned, with beautiful blue eyes. He always stood out among people.
Again Scripture says otherwise, Isaiah 53:2 (WEB):

(2) For he grew up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of dry ground. He has no good looks or majesty. When we see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

Maria even wrote about things that weren't even discovered and proven to be true until after her death.

Anyway, there's a lot to share, it's such a gift :]
Yes, demons have a gift for deception!

A

Anima

I've read very little of her writings because on the two occasions that I have (in posts on this forum) there were sentences in the first paragraph or two that were clearly at odds with Scripture, so it was obviously not to be trusted and should be avoided.

Regarding the OP, you jumped on the sentence about reason that included the word ''evolution'' and assumed it had to be about humans achieving reason from evolution itself, rather than God. However, that's clearly not what Jesus said, rather that we begin to use the reason God gave us at a certain stage in our human development. It's why you don't see babies reasoning the way older children or adults do, for example. So, you have yet to find the OP at odds with Scripture, but I know you won't, because it's Jesus speaking. :]

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Regarding the OP, you jumped on the sentence about reason that included the word ''evolution'' and assumed it had to be about humans achieving reason from evolution itself, rather than God.
How is it from God if it says "Without grace, you would simply be animal creatures that had reached such a point in evolution as to be endowed with reason"? It doesn't say that God has given people reason, it clearly says that we would be animals that had evolved to have reason (without grace from God). It doesn't say that we gain reason as we grow up from a baby to adulthood; it says we are "creatures that had reached such a point in evolution".

However, that's clearly not what Jesus said, rather that we begin to use the reason God gave us at a certain stage in our human development. It's why you don't see babies reasoning the way older children or adults do, for example.
It's obvious that it does not say that "clearly"! Using your logic (or reasoning!) we could say that we have evolved to have grey hair and poor hearing, and that we had grey hair and poor hearing all along but only eventually begin to make use of it as we grow older. Absurd! Growing up is not human development, nor is it evolution; it's just part of being human.

So, you have yet to find the OP at odds with Scripture, but I know you won't, because it's Jesus speaking. :]
It goes on to say:

Remember this alone: Grace is to possess the Father, to live in the Father; grace is to possess the Son, to enjoy the infinite merits of the Son; grace is to possess the Holy Spirit, to benefit from His Seven Gifts. Grace, in short, is to possess Us, the Triune God, and for your mortal person to be surrounded by the hosts of angels who worship Us in you.​

A "Triune God" is not supported by the Scriptures either. However, the administrators of this forum don't want us to discuss that subject.