Jezebel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know much about this woman... yet
I know she doesn't have a very good reputation.

Who is she?
What did she do?
Is the spirit of Jezebel still active?
How does she affect us spiritually?

Thoughts?

HUGS

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev 2:20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

For some reason the wife of Job led me to think of this woman Jezebel.
Curse God and die.
Anybody got some soap? :eek:

She calls herself a prophetess...
She wants to teach the church and lead them astray.
A false teacher.
It don't have to be a woman per se, women are churches or known as..
So I try to remove the Image of a woman.

She is the total opposite of the woman called Wisdom. and different from the Virtuous woman.
This one is twisted.. mm hmm.

And she don't have your best interest in mind..
thinking...
HUGS

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jezebel keeps a pretty low profile.
She is found in 1 and 2 Kings and only 1 time in the book of Revelation.

Jezebel.. the beginning:
1Ki 16:29 And in the thirty and eighth year of Asa king of Judah began Ahab the son of Omri to reign over Israel: and Ahab the son of Omri reigned over Israel in Samaria twenty and two years.
1Ki 16:30 And Ahab the son of Omri did evil in the sight of the LORD above all that were before him.
1Ki 16:31 And it came to pass, as if it had been a light thing for him to walk in the sins of Jeroboam the son of Nebat, that he took to wife Jezebel the daughter of Ethbaal king of the Zidonians, and went and served Baal, and worshipped him.

Isn't there a song about him? Ahab the Arab.. :confused:
That's an old Ray Stevens song and I don't think that has anything to do with this story. ;)
oh ok.. :p
What's a Zidonian? o_O
I don't know right now. We can look later if you want, let's stick with Jezebel.
okaay..:oops:

Ahab was the King that reigned over Israel and he didn't walk with God. Quite the contrary. He was walking in sin.
And he met up with this woman who was a daughter of another King named Ethbaal.

Who's he? o_O
Shhh
OK..:rolleyes:

So it looks like Jezebel was worshipping this other god named Baal, and it's funny her dad's name has baal in it too.
I wonder if he created a god after his name or was he named after the god.. hmm.
anywhoo..
Jezebel didn't follow Israel's true God, they set up an Idol in his place and followed after this other one.
And then Ahab married Jezebel and he followed her.

1Ki 16:32 And he reared up an altar for Baal in the house of Baal, which he had built in Samaria.

I guess he really like Jezebel. He even made an altar and a church for her in Samaria.

Where is Samaria? o_O
shhh
ok :rolleyes:

1Ki 16:33 And Ahab made a grove; and Ahab did more to provoke the LORD God of Israel to anger than all the kings of Israel that were before him.

Jezebel shows up again 2 chapter later..

1Ki 18:1 And it came to pass after many days, that the word of the LORD came to Elijah in the third year, saying, Go, shew thyself unto Ahab; and I will send rain upon the earth.
1Ki 18:2 And Elijah went to shew himself unto Ahab. And there was a sore famine in Samaria.
1Ki 18:3 And Ahab called Obadiah, which was the governor of his house. (Now Obadiah feared the LORD greatly:
1Ki 18:4 For it was so, when Jezebel cut off the prophets of the LORD, that Obadiah took an hundred prophets, and hid them by fifty in a cave, and fed them with bread and water.)

Elijah.. thats John the Baptist!! :D
Mal 4:5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:

Still trolling me..:rolleyes:

HUGS

Last edited:

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank You Bobby Jo,
I read somewhere this morning that FB and I assume all of Google and twitter and whatever other big brother authority is roaming the web, has decided for us, that we can't talk about that.

So Thank you for the reminder.
It's hard starting from scratch :)
HUGS

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Rev 2:20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

For some reason the wife of Job led me to think of this woman Jezebel.
Curse God and die.
Anybody got some soap? :eek:

She calls herself a prophetess...
She wants to teach the church and lead them astray.
A false teacher.
It don't have to be a woman per se, women are churches or known as..
So I try to remove the Image of a woman.

She is the total opposite of the woman called Wisdom. and different from the Virtuous woman.
This one is twisted.. mm hmm.

And she don't have your best interest in mind..
thinking...
HUGS
@Ziggy Better to concentrate on the example of the virtuous woman of Proverbs 31... :)

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm going to back up a bit. I had to eat.. I forget sometimes..lol

1Ki 18:1 And it came to pass after many days, that the word of the LORD came to Elijah in the third year, saying, Go, shew thyself unto Ahab; and I will send rain upon the earth.
1Ki 18:2
And Elijah went to shew himself unto Ahab. And there was a sore famine in Samaria.

I read somewhere when the bible talks about famines it means a lack God's word. It's like the bread is the word. And there is no bread, or a famine. And the reason for the famine is because Ahab replaced God with Baal.
There is also a law? about not eating from trees? until the third year of growth.
I'd have to go digging to be sure. But God sent Elijah in the 3rd year to go and have a talk with Ahab.
And God told Elijah that he would send rain upon the earth.

Ahab had made a grove for Baal.
Grove: 'asherah
a Babylonian (Astarte)-Canaanite goddess (of fortune and happiness), the supposed consort of Baal, her images
sacred trees or poles set up near an altar

Just tossing this in there about the 3rd year:
Lev 19:23 And when ye shall come into the land, and shall have planted all manner of trees for food, then ye shall count the fruit thereof as uncircumcised: three years shall it be as uncircumcised unto you: it shall not be eaten of.

So Elijah was sent to Ahab right before picking time, and there was a famine in the land..hmm
I wonder if Ahab was eating unclean fruit. or was about to and that's why God sent Elijah..
And God told Elijah to tell Ahab that God was going to send Rain.

Rain, water. spirit.. do you see a dove? I do :)

God was going to bless Samaria, where there was a famine.
I was looking to see what else is happening, and at this same time Jericho is being built.
Always busy busy busy..
someday.. we get to Jericho.

Jezebel.. leave those prophets alone!

1Ki 18:3 And Ahab called Obadiah, which was the governor of his house. (Now Obadiah feared the LORD greatly:
1Ki 18:4 For it was so, when Jezebel cut off the prophets of the LORD, that Obadiah took an hundred prophets, and hid them by fifty in a cave, and fed them with bread and water.)

Obadiah, that must have been difficult for him having to serve the Lord and the King. Talk about a conflict of interest.
So Jezebel cut off..

cut off: karath
to cut, cut off, cut down, cut off a body part, cut out, eliminate, kill, cut a covenant

hmm.. she got rid of them.. somehow.
And Obediah hid them in caves. And fed them with bread and water. He sounds like a good guy.
Sounds like there might of been like a couple of those little churches in the book of Acts when Paul was going house to house and breaking bread and preaching and teaching... just saying.. only they was hiding in caves. By fifties. That's one of those number things.. one of these days. :rolleyes:

Are you going to tell the whole book of Kings, or are you going to follow Jezebel? o_O
I know I get sidetracked.. we'll go find Jezebel. :rolleyes:

Jezebel's table..

Chapter 2?

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Ki 18:17 And it came to pass, when Ahab saw Elijah, that Ahab said unto him, Art thou he that troubleth Israel?
1Ki 18:18 And he answered, I have not troubled Israel; but thou, and thy father's house, in that ye have forsaken the commandments of the LORD, and thou hast followed Baalim.
1Ki 18:19 Now therefore send, and gather to me all Israel unto mount Carmel, and the prophets of Baal four hundred and fifty, and the prophets of the groves four hundred, which eat at Jezebel's table.

Haha troubleth.. troubled the waters..:eek:
Just keep walking..:cool:

Jezebel's table.
Ahab is the King and yet Jezebel has her own table..

How many people ate sitting at "her" table?

1Ki 18:20 So Ahab sent unto all the children of Israel, and gathered the prophets together unto mount Carmel.
1Ki 18:21 And Elijah came unto all the people, and said, How long halt ye between two opinions? if the LORD be God, follow him: but if Baal, then follow him. And the people answered him not a word.
1Ki 18:22 Then said Elijah unto the people, I, even I only, remain a prophet of the LORD; but Baal's prophets are four hundred and fifty men.

And they answered him not a word... I heard that before
Luke chapter 14 Jesus was healing on the sabbath and they questioned him and he asked them questions and they couldn't answer.
Another time they was asking by what authority Jesus had and he asked them concerning John who had sent him man or God and they couldn't answer.. and to think, these were the people leading the people.. just like today.. oh my

Jezebel must of had a really big table or a darn good sized buffet. That's a lot of people to feed for sure.

Where was the table though?
Was it in the house or in the grove?
I'm thinking it was in Baal's house that Ahab built for Jezebel.
And it had an altar.. like a church.
And all the people and the prophets went to church and ate from Jezebels table from the altar in the house of Baal.

You said all that without a comma! :eek:
It was a mouthful for sure.:)

Then what happens? o_O
Well then there is the challenge of who the real God is. And They bring all kinds of things to burn and Elijah tells the people to have their god Baal put out the fire, but he can't.
And then Elijah calls on God to put out the fire and he does.
And the people turn to God.
And then Elijah has all the false prophets that worshipped Baal and had them killed.
oh..:oops:

What happened to Jezebel?

Jezebel's Revenge

1Ki 19:1 And Ahab told Jezebel all that Elijah had done, and withal how he had slain all the prophets with the sword.
1Ki 19:2 Then Jezebel sent a messenger unto Elijah, saying, So let the gods do to me, and more also, if I make not thy life as the life of one of them by to morrow about this time.
1Ki 19:3 And when he saw that, he arose, and went for his life, and came to Beersheba, which belongeth to Judah, and left his servant there.

She was going to kill him. She was a bit upset he took away all the people and killed her prophets.
And so she sent a message.. I got a bounty on your head.
So Elijah ran for his life.
I don't blame him, she is scary..:eek:
I guess she wore the pants in the house, you could say..:rolleyes:

So there is a lot that happens with Elijah, and Ahab just can't seem to get a break.
Everybody wants his stuff. And looks like there are all kinds of battles and stuff, but I'm going to see where Jezebel went.
ok..:)

Ahab has a neighbour and he has a vineyard and Ahab wants it. But the neighbour doesn't want to sell it.
This makes Ahab sad and that's where next we find Jezebel.

What's thine is Mine!
Chapter...3 ..4. I don't know..
to be continued..

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Ki 21:4 And Ahab came into his house heavy and displeased because of the word which Naboth the Jezreelite had spoken to him: for he had said, I will not give thee the inheritance of my fathers. And he laid him down upon his bed, and turned away his face, and would eat no bread.
1Ki 21:5 But Jezebel his wife came to him, and said unto him, Why is thy spirit so sad, that thou eatest no bread?
1Ki 21:6 And he said unto her, Because I spake unto Naboth the Jezreelite, and said unto him, Give me thy vineyard for money; or else, if it please thee, I will give thee another vineyard for it: and he answered, I will not give thee my vineyard.
1Ki 21:7 And Jezebel his wife said unto him, Dost thou now govern the kingdom of Israel? arise, and eat bread, and let thine heart be merry: I will give thee the vineyard of Naboth the Jezreelite.

Thou shalt not covet they neighbours goods:

So Ahab he is upset because he wants what he can't have. And goes home sulking. I'm not eating.. whaaa..
How come your not eating?
Because I can't get what I want.. My neighbor won't give sell me his property and I really want it.
Oh, is that all. I got this. Go ahead and eat. I'll get that property for you. There there feel better now, eat your bread.
(boy, I have to do everything.. what a weak man he is. And they call him governor.. hahaha.. right. ) :rolleyes:

Thou shalt not bear false witness:

1Ki 21:8 So she wrote letters in Ahab's name, and sealed them with his seal, and sent the letters unto the elders and to the nobles that were in his city, dwelling with Naboth.
1Ki 21:9 And she wrote in the letters, saying, Proclaim a fast, and set Naboth on high among the people:
1Ki 21:10 And set two men, sons of Belial, before him, to bear witness against him, saying, Thou didst blaspheme God and the king. And then carry him out, and stone him, that he may die.

:eek:

I know huh? She's a mean one, Mrs. Grinch.. ;)
Who are the two sons of Belial, who bore false witness? :confused:

Belial: beliya`al
worthless, good for nothing, unprofitable, base fellow

I guess you'd have to be pretty low to do something like that to your neighbor huh? :(
Wasn't good at all was it? :oops:
No it wasn't. :(

1Ki 21:15 And it came to pass, when Jezebel heard that Naboth was stoned, and was dead, that Jezebel said to Ahab, Arise, take possession of the vineyard of Naboth the Jezreelite, which he refused to give thee for money: for Naboth is not alive, but dead.
1Ki 21:16 And it came to pass, when Ahab heard that Naboth was dead, that Ahab rose up to go down to the vineyard of Naboth the Jezreelite, to take possession of it.

:eek:

I know it. But remember Ahab I don't think he knew what Jezebel had done. Because she wrote the letter and signed his name to it.
And only after he was dead di Ahab go and take the property. I think he figured finder's keepers since nobody was there to claim it.
Let's keep going..
ok..:(

1Ki 21:17 And the word of the LORD came to Elijah the Tishbite, saying,
1Ki 21:18 Arise, go down to meet Ahab king of Israel, which is in Samaria: behold, he is in the vineyard of Naboth, whither he is gone down to possess it.
1Ki 21:19 And thou shalt speak unto him, saying, Thus saith the LORD, Hast thou killed, and also taken possession? And thou shalt speak unto him, saying, Thus saith the LORD, In the place where dogs licked the blood of Naboth shall dogs lick thy blood, even thine.

what goes around comes around.. mm hmm.. some call it karma, other's call it justice.
Sounds like God was really mad :(
Well, Naboth he believed in the Lord. And the property he had, had been passed down as an inheritence. So he felt God provided the land, he wasn't going to give it away. So when Jezebel had Naboth killed, she was killing one of God's people that believed in him.
And that's what I think made God angry. :oops:
Yeah, I would probably be real mad too..:(

So what happened next?

Well, the next part is very strong words God had for Ahab. He told Ahab that he had sold his soul to the devil, and it was going to cost him big time.
And he didn't leave Jezebel out either..

1Ki 21:23 And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

Sounds like eye for eye and tooth for tooth huh? :confused:
I know what your thinking..:rolleyes:
What? o_O
Your thinking about what Jesus said about turning the other cheek right?
It did cross my mind..:confused:
Well I think the difference is, when someone attacks you then you should'nt hit them back just because you can.
That if you've done nothing wrong and they hit you, then holding back your anger shows who the bigger person is.
And remember God said that revenge for someone belongs to him? and that we should pray for our enemies,
even though it's real hard sometimes. ;)
And that doesn't mean you shouldn't stand up for what's right. It just means you might lose a tooth or get a bloody nose.
And if you don't escalate the fight yourself, then God will see that justice is served in the end.
Ok... so, how did you know what I was thinking anyways??o_O
Haha your silly..:p

Let's find out what happens to the Grinch.. I mean Jezebel ok?
Ok.. sounds like it might get ugly though :(
We have to go to the next book 2 Kings chapter 9 to find her.

The house of Ahab
Chapter.. :oops: .. nevermind

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummmmmmmm, in case some are contemplating a modern parallel, Campaign Candidate discussions are under CURRENT Forum Restrictions.

Bobby Jo :rolleyes:

Oh, good! The RESTRICTIONS have been lifted!

So speaking of "JEZEBEL", -- Kamala Harris has whored her way to become a Vice-Presidential Nominee, and the Corrupt Media won't question or report her whoredom.

Note: Most people would use the term "... prostituted her way ...", but it seems that defames the unfortunate and difficult choices for some women who have little other choice in life.​

Bobby Jo

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The next time we find Jezebel is in 2 Kings Chapter 9.
The Lord sent Elisha a prophet of the Lord, to go make the Captain of Ahab's army the King over Ahab.
God is going to use Jehu the captain of the guard to get revenge on Ahab and Jezebel for what they done to Naboth.
And Naboth only, God was mad that they had led all of Israel astray and he didn't want that to happen anymore.
So Jehu was sent on a mission to remove the house of Ahab.

2Ki 9:7 And thou shalt smite the house of Ahab thy master, that I may avenge the blood of my servants the prophets, and the blood of all the servants of the LORD, at the hand of Jezebel.
2Ki 9:10 And the dogs shall eat Jezebel in the portion of Jezreel, and there shall be none to bury her. And he opened the door, and fled.

Now Jehu was going to Jezreel where Jezebel was. But he ran into another King who was wondering why he was there.
Joram, the King had sent three parties out to meet Jehu but they naever came back, so Joram went out to meet him himself.
2Ki 9:21 And Joram said, Make ready. And his chariot was made ready. And Joram king of Israel and Ahaziah king of Judah went out, each in his chariot, and they went out against Jehu, and met him in the portion of Naboth the Jezreelite.
2Ki 9:22 And it came to pass, when Joram saw Jehu, that he said, Is it peace, Jehu? And he answered, What peace, so long as the whoredoms of thy mother Jezebel and her witchcrafts are so many?

It was his mom! :eek:
That caught me by surprise too. o_O
But his mom wasn't a good woman, she was a no good..:oops:
don't say it, let's just move on and see what happens..:rolleyes:
hrumph ok..:confused:

So Joram was mad and went to make war with Jehu. And Jehu killed him. Shot him with an arrow into the heart.
And he died and another King too Ahaziah and he was partners with Joram. And Jehu ran after Ahaziah and killed him too.
Then:
2Ki 9:30 And when Jehu was come to Jezreel, Jezebel heard of it; and she painted her face, and tired her head, and looked out at a window.
2Ki 9:31 And as Jehu entered in at the gate, she said, Had Zimri peace, who slew his master?
2Ki 9:32 And he lifted up his face to the window, and said, Who is on my side? who? And there looked out to him two or three eunuchs.
2Ki 9:33 And he said, Throw her down. So they threw her down: and some of her blood was sprinkled on the wall, and on the horses: and he trode her under foot.

That made me think of something..o_O
What's that?
You remember in the book of Revelation where the Lord is riding a horse and the blood was up to the horses bridle? :oops:
I'll see if I can find it.. You mean this one? :confused:

Rev 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
Rev 19:12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
Rev 19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
Rev 19:14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
Rev 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
Rev 19:16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Yeah that one, I get mixed up sometimes..:oops:
Well, what about it?
I think Jehu is like the King of Kings who rides his horse and stomps the life right out of Jezebel. :confused:
What made you think of that? o_O
Well, remember that house that Ahab built with the altar? That was right next to Naboth's vineyard.
And in Revelation, the King of Kings is treading down the winepress.
And and I think the winepress and the vineyard is where the saints were slain by Jezebel.
And the wine is like the blood of the saints. :confused:

Rev 16:6 For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are worthy.
Rev 17:6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.
Rev 18:24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.

Interesting..:cool:
Let's keep going..

2Ki 9:32 And he lifted up his face to the window, and said, Who is on my side? who? And there looked out to him two or three eunuchs.
2Ki 9:33 And he said, Throw her down. So they threw her down: and some of her blood was sprinkled on the wall, and on the horses: and he trode her under foot.
2Ki 9:34 And when he was come in, he did eat and drink, and said, Go, see now this cursed woman, and bury her: for she is a king's daughter.
2Ki 9:35 And they went to bury her: but they found no more of her than the skull, and the feet, and the palms of her hands.
2Ki 9:36 Wherefore they came again, and told him. And he said, This is the word of the LORD, which he spake by his servant Elijah the Tishbite, saying, In the portion of Jezreel shall dogs eat the flesh of Jezebel:
2Ki 9:37 And the carcase of Jezebel shall be as dung upon the face of the field in the portion of Jezreel; so that they shall not say, This is Jezebel.

I don't like to say it, but it sounds like she got what she desreved. :(
Yes, she was a very mean and wicked woman for sure. And sometimes God has to remove the poison so it doesn't keep spreading and spreading to other people. :(
Is that the end of Jezebel, is she all gone now?o_O

Let me see:

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is one more verse that talks about Jezebel..
John in the book of Revelation was given a message to give to the Church of Thyatira from the Lord.
And this is what he was told to write:

Rev 2:18 And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass;
Rev 2:19 I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first.
Rev 2:21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.
Rev 2:22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.
Rev 2:23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.
Rev 2:24 But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden.
Rev 2:25 But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.
Rev 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
Rev 2:27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.
Rev 2:28 And I will give him the morning star.
Rev 2:29 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

That's a long message..o_O
Yes it is and a very important one too.
If people walk in the ways Jezebel walked and they follow her teachings, her lies and covetousness, and her evil heart,
then they will end up like her. Dead. No more life in them.
Kinda like zombies huh? o_O
Kinda..:rolleyes:

I still have a lot of questions..o_O
Me too.. but I think we'll stop here and listen to what others think. Does that sound like a good idea?:)
Sounds good too me.. :D

HUGS

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
1Ki 18:17 And it came to pass, when Ahab saw Elijah, that Ahab said unto him, Art thou he that troubleth Israel?
1Ki 18:18 And he answered, I have not troubled Israel; but thou, and thy father's house, in that ye have forsaken the commandments of the LORD, and thou hast followed Baalim.
1Ki 18:19 Now therefore send, and gather to me all Israel unto mount Carmel, and the prophets of Baal four hundred and fifty, and the prophets of the groves four hundred, which eat at Jezebel's table.

Haha troubleth.. troubled the waters..:eek:
Just keep walking..:cool:

Jezebel's table.
Ahab is the King and yet Jezebel has her own table..

How many people ate sitting at "her" table?

1Ki 18:20 So Ahab sent unto all the children of Israel, and gathered the prophets together unto mount Carmel.
1Ki 18:21 And Elijah came unto all the people, and said, How long halt ye between two opinions? if the LORD be God, follow him: but if Baal, then follow him. And the people answered him not a word.
1Ki 18:22 Then said Elijah unto the people, I, even I only, remain a prophet of the LORD; but Baal's prophets are four hundred and fifty men.

And they answered him not a word... I heard that before
Luke chapter 14 Jesus was healing on the sabbath and they questioned him and he asked them questions and they couldn't answer.
Another time they was asking by what authority Jesus had and he asked them concerning John who had sent him man or God and they couldn't answer.. and to think, these were the people leading the people.. just like today.. oh my

Jezebel must of had a really big table or a darn good sized buffet. That's a lot of people to feed for sure.

Where was the table though?
Was it in the house or in the grove?
I'm thinking it was in Baal's house that Ahab built for Jezebel.
And it had an altar.. like a church.
And all the people and the prophets went to church and ate from Jezebels table from the altar in the house of Baal.

You said all that without a comma! :eek:
It was a mouthful for sure.:)

Then what happens? o_O
Well then there is the challenge of who the real God is. And They bring all kinds of things to burn and Elijah tells the people to have their god Baal put out the fire, but he can't.
And then Elijah calls on God to put out the fire and he does.
And the people turn to God.
And then Elijah has all the false prophets that worshipped Baal and had them killed.
oh..:oops:

What happened to Jezebel?

Jezebel's Revenge

1Ki 19:1 And Ahab told Jezebel all that Elijah had done, and withal how he had slain all the prophets with the sword.
1Ki 19:2 Then Jezebel sent a messenger unto Elijah, saying, So let the gods do to me, and more also, if I make not thy life as the life of one of them by to morrow about this time.
1Ki 19:3 And when he saw that, he arose, and went for his life, and came to Beersheba, which belongeth to Judah, and left his servant there.

She was going to kill him. She was a bit upset he took away all the people and killed her prophets.
And so she sent a message.. I got a bounty on your head.
So Elijah ran for his life.
I don't blame him, she is scary..:eek:
I guess she wore the pants in the house, you could say..:rolleyes:

So there is a lot that happens with Elijah, and Ahab just can't seem to get a break.
Everybody wants his stuff. And looks like there are all kinds of battles and stuff, but I'm going to see where Jezebel went.

Ahab has a neighbour and he has a vineyard and Ahab wants it. But the neighbour doesn't want to sell it.
This makes Ahab sad and that's where next we find Jezebel.

What's thine is Mine!
Chapter...3 ..4. I don't know..
to be continued..
@Ziggy Good passage there to remember; it was Ahab, not the prophet, that had really been troubling Israel...

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
There is one more verse that talks about Jezebel..
John in the book of Revelation was given a message to give to the Church of Thyatira from the Lord.
And this is what he was told to write:

Rev 2:18 And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass;
Rev 2:19 I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first.
Rev 2:21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.
Rev 2:22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.
Rev 2:23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.
Rev 2:24 But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden.
Rev 2:25 But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.
Rev 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
Rev 2:27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.
Rev 2:28 And I will give him the morning star.
Rev 2:29 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

That's a long message..o_O
Yes it is and a very important one too.
If people walk in the ways Jezebel walked and they follow her teachings, her lies and covetousness, and her evil heart,
then they will end up like her. Dead. No more life in them.
Kinda like zombies huh? o_O
Kinda..:rolleyes:

I still have a lot of questions..o_O
Me too.. but I think we'll stop here and listen to what others think. Does that sound like a good idea?:)
Sounds good too me.. :D

HUGS
@Ziggy Different Jezebel in view in Revelation, seemingly, but maybe a similar character to the one with the same name in the OT...

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Elijah and John...
I still believe John the Baptist is the one who recieved the revelation of Jesus.
And he took that revelation and cried all through the wilderness
PREPARE YE THE WAY OF THE LORD!

And I know and I heard and I understand ALLLLLL of the arguments.
But I still believe it's John the Baptist.
And he has been trolling me ever since I got here.
He's been following me for a very very long time.

Hello John.. :)

HUGS

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ziggy Good passage there to remember; it was Ahab, not the prophet, that had really been troubling Israel...
That verse made me think of the angel that comes down and troubles the water.
And the first person to step in the pool gets healed.
But many are left behind because they can't get to the water.
It's kind of mean.. in a way..
And the more I think of it, it seems like a false hope for many, because they run after the angel instead of calling on the Lord.
And so when Jesus comes, he don't need to move the water, becaue he IS the water that heals.

So like, is the angel tha troubled the water like Ahab taking the sheep away from the shepherd??
Just thinking..
Thank You
HUGS

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ziggy Different Jezebel in view in Revelation, seemingly, but maybe a similar character to the one with the same name in the OT...
I see in the book of Revelation the spirit of Jezebel.
We know from the book of Kings the things she did and who she followed.
And she followed Baal and led all of Israel away with her.
And even the prophets of God followed too.

How do you see them as different?
HUGS

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I see in the book of Revelation the spirit of Jezebel.
We know from the book of Kings the things she did and who she followed.
And she followed Baal and led all of Israel away with her.
And even the prophets of God followed too.

How do you see them as different?
HUGS
@Ziggy If indeed they were both real persons and lived in different times, there must have been 2 of them; although their spiritual character may indeed have been similar...

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Elijah and John...
I still believe John the Baptist is the one who recieved the revelation of Jesus.
And he took that revelation and cried all through the wilderness
PREPARE YE THE WAY OF THE LORD!

And I know and I heard and I understand ALLLLLL of the arguments.
But I still believe it's John the Baptist.
And he has been trolling me ever since I got here.
He's been following me for a very very long time.

Hello John.. :)

HUGS

Blessings in Christ Jesus! Perhaps when one finds John, they find Elijah, and when they find Elijah they find Isaiah, and when they find Isaiah they find Jeremiah. Many think John the baptist was rough and tough and yet he was meek and kind as well. A jezebel of today would be a controlling spirit which makes me laugh a lot when telling them "no". Sure, a few extra miles have to be walked though.