JOHN 10:16 OTHER SHEEP

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 10:11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

Jesus Christ is the good shepherd, and Israel his sheep. Psalm 100:3

John 10:12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.

Jeremiah 23:1 Woe be unto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture! saith the LORD.

Those who scattered Israel, false messiahs, false prophets, the Pharisees, are in view above.

John 10:14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

The scattered sheep is the believing remnant of Israel; the little flock.

John 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

The other sheep are the scattered, believing remnant. The believing remnant scattered into other countries, will be all gathered together, to form one nation, one fold; Israel and Judah will be one nation.

Jeremiah 23:3 And I will gather the remnant of my flock out of all countries whither I have driven them, and will bring them again to their folds; and they shall be fruitful and increase.

Ezekiel 37:22 And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all.

John 11:52 And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"And if ye be Christ's, THEN are ye Abraham's seed and heirs according to the promise." Explicit.

What's implicit: "If you don't belong to Christ, you ain't Abraham's seed, not now or hereafter.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
John 10:11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

Jesus Christ is the good shepherd, and Israel his sheep. Psalm 100:3

John 10:12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.

Jeremiah 23:1 Woe be unto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture! saith the LORD.

Those who scattered Israel, false messiahs, false prophets, the Pharisees, are in view above.

John 10:14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

The scattered sheep is the believing remnant of Israel; the little flock.

John 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

The other sheep are the scattered, believing remnant. The believing remnant scattered into other countries, will be all gathered together, to form one nation, one fold; Israel and Judah will be one nation.

Jeremiah 23:3 And I will gather the remnant of my flock out of all countries whither I have driven them, and will bring them again to their folds; and they shall be fruitful and increase.

Ezekiel 37:22 And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all.

John 11:52 And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.

The other flock is that of the nations...called Ephraim. Out of Jews and Gentiles God is making ONE new man. One flock.

Eph. 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The other flock is that of the nations...called Ephraim. Out of Jews and Gentiles God is making ONE new man. One flock.

Eph. 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

Hello
The verses you quoted are from Ephesians and are not speaking of Israel becoming one nation. Gentiles are not the other sheep, but it could be easily construed to be.