JOHN 14:12 WHATSOEVER YOU ASK

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

This was fulfilled by the disciples after Pentecost through healings and miracles (Acts 3:6 Acts 6:8).

John 14:13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

14:14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

The disciples believed on the name of Jesus and were given the greater works of miracles to glorify God.

John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Jesus doing whatsoever was asked was conditional upon the disciples keeping his commandments.

John 15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

Receiving whatsoever was asked was conditional upon the disciples being fruitful.

1 John 3:22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

Once again it is repeated in 1 John that for believing Israel receiving whatsoever is asked is dependent upon keeping his commandments.