john 17:5

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing the OP
good verse, answer, "all Spirit, is what he had before he was G2758 κενόω kenoo while in the natural flesh. for he is the G243 allos of himself in flesh.

and he was glorified in the flesh, Matt 28:18.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

Reactions: amadeus

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The HCSB makes more sense to me. It reads:

Now, Father, glorify Me in Your presence
with that glory I had with You
before the world existed.
what did he glorify him with?

PICJAG

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first thanks for the reply, but what was he glorified "With?"

PICJAG

I'm sure you're getting at something, but all I can tell you is what Jesus said. He asked this of the Father: "glorify Me in Your presence with that glory I had with You before the world existed."

The verse above is the part of a lengthy prayer that Jesus prayed to God the Father.

John 17:1-5
Father,
the hour has come.
Glorify Your Son
so that the Son may glorify You,
for You gave Him authority
over all flesh;
so He may give eternal life
to all You have given Him.
This is eternal life:
that they may know You, the only true God,
and the One You have sent — Jesus Christ.
I have glorified You on the earth
by completing the work You gave Me to do.
Now, Father, glorify Me in Your presence
with that glory I had with You
before the world existed.

The following article pulls in a lot of different scriptures pertaining to the meaning of God's glory.

The glory of God – What is it?

The dictionary definition of "glory" often describes it as great praise, splendor, or honor. The glory of God is the splendor that comes from Him. Psalm 19:1 states, "The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork." Here the word glory is used in parallel with "handiwork" or His power or greatness.

Psalm 106:20 speaks of the "glory of God" in this way as well, saying, "They exchanged the glory of God for the image of an ox that eats grass." Here, the glory of God is the greatness of who He is. Proverbs 25:2 adds, "It is the glory of God to conceal things, but the glory of kings is to search things out." Again, this glory is God's greatness or splendor.

In the New Testament, Jesus speaks of the glory of God, sharing, "This illness does not lead to death. It is for the glory of God, so that the Son of God may be glorified through it" (John 11:4; also verse 40). In this context, Jesus spoke of resurrecting Lazarus from death. This act would bring glory to God and glorify Jesus.

In Acts 7:55, Stephen looked into heaven just before his death and saw the glory of God. In this context, it referred to the greatness of God in heaven.

In Romans, the phrase "glory of God" is used three times. Romans 3:23 says all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Romans 5:2 speaks of the glory of God in the sense of His greatness. Romans 15:7 shares, "Therefore welcome one another as Christ has welcomed you, for the glory of God." In this passage, the glory of God is used in the sense of honoring God.

The glory of God is emphasized in several places throughout Paul's other writings. In particular, he notes in 1 Corinthians 10:31, "So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." Here again, the glory of God refers to honoring God with one's life.

Hebrews 1:3 uses the phrase in another way, sharing, "He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power." The author notes Jesus as the radiance of God's glory.

Revelation expresses God's glory in three clear passages. First, Revelation 15:8 speaks of the sanctuary being filled with the glory of God. Revelation 21:11 notes the glory of God coming from the New Jerusalem. Revelation 21:23 adds that the glory of God serves as the light for the city.

Overall, the glory of God is used in a variety of ways in Scripture. It can refer to God's greatness, His honor, His beauty, His power, and His light. In every case, the glory of God acknowledges the Lord's supreme strength and our need to both acknowledge and serve Him.

Source: The glory of God – What is it?