John 21:25

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lux Veritatis

Jan 22, 2013
What is your take on the verse in regards to things that may have been done or taught that aren't explicitly in the Bible?

John 21:25 "And there are also many other things which Jesus did, which if they were written in detail, I suppose that even the world itself would not contain the books that would be written."

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Can you imagine what that is saying? That the entire world could not contain the books that Jesus, being the Word of God has done since the beginning when ever that was. The Father used His Word to create the universes, the heavens, stars, moon, sun and every form of life .
Everything that the Creator has done, was done by Jesus for Jesus is the right hand of God and God creates and does everything by His Word.
He is the author of life and the finisher for everything manifests by faith from the mouth of God, even the world was framed and is held together by Christ, the living Word of life that was made manifest to us.
John 1:1-4
1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
KJV
Heb 11:1-3
11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
2 For by it the elders obtained a good report.
3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
KJV

Lux Veritatis

Jan 22, 2013
afaithfulone4u said:
Can you imagine what that is saying? That the entire world could not contain the books that Jesus, being the Word of God has done since the beginning when ever that was. The Father used His Word to create the universes, the heavens, stars, moon, sun and every form of life .
Everything that the Creator has done, was done by Jesus for Jesus is the right hand of God and God creates and does everything by His Word.
He is the author of life and the finisher for everything manifests by faith from the mouth of God, even the world was framed and is held together by Christ, the living Word of life that was made manifest to us.
John 1:1-4
1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
KJV
Heb 11:1-3
11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
2 For by it the elders obtained a good report.
3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
KJV
That seems reasonable. Do you think the verse also applies to the things Jesus did while on Earth? Or should it be viewed more as a "big picture" kind of thing?

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Lux Veritatis said:
That seems reasonable. Do you think the verse also applies to the things Jesus did while on Earth? Or should it be viewed more as a "big picture" kind of thing?
The entire Bible is of Jesus for it is the inspired Word of God of what was and is to come, so the books would have to include the Bible as well but the verse says even "other things" meaning besides the things written, and the fact that it says books written about all his works would fill more books than the world could hold could not possibly mean just during his 3-1/2 yr ministry. It is talking about since the beginning when ever that was.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Lux Veritatis said:
What is your take on the verse in regards to things that may have been done or taught that aren't explicitly in the Bible?

John 21:25 "And there are also many other things which Jesus did, which if they were written in detail, I suppose that even the world itself would not contain the books that would be written."
John has come to the end of his written gospel and testifies it is true and accurate as he wrote it.

But as a side note he mentions that if everything Jesus did was written down the whole world could not hold the books. He is referring to everything Jesus did as Creator etc.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Lux Veritatis said:
Yes, even some of the things that Christ did while on Earth were not written down. This, of course, does not mean that these things were not important because everything that our Lord did was important.

Lux Veritatis

Jan 22, 2013
Selene said:
Yes, even some of the things that Christ did while on Earth were not written down. This, of course, does not mean that these things were not important because everything that our Lord did was important.
I've always been curious about those things we don't know. I've always assumed that the Church, the Catholic Church in particular, holds traditions given to them from the earliest Christians, which may be based on things not necessarily written in the Bible.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Lux Veritatis said:
I've always been curious about those things we don't know. I've always assumed that the Church, the Catholic Church in particular, holds traditions given to them from the earliest Christians, which may be based on things not necessarily written in the Bible.
Yes, it is true that Catholics hold to both Sacred Scripture and to the Apostolic Traditions that were handed down to the Church. My Christian brothers and sisters on the Protestant side, however, only hold to Sacred Scripture alone.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Lux Veritatis said:
I have often considered that as well.

On the same note I have also wondered if there might be another "scroll" discovered or released some day in the future.

I say that based on Daniel 12 where it says

4 But you, Daniel, close up and seal the words of the scroll until the time of the end.