1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

John 3:16 For God so Loved the World(All People) not Dirt and Rocks Earth!!

Discussion in 'Christian Theology Forum' started by GISMYS_7, Jul 9, 2019.

1. GISMYS_7

GISMYS_7 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    amadeus likes this.
  2. Ernest T. Bass

Ernest T. Bass Active Member

The "world" is the total aggregate of people while "whosoever believeth" is a segment of people that came from the total aggregate of people (world).

3. amadeus

amadeus Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    But there is another "world", the one that Jesus overcame, the world of his own temptations, the world of the man of flesh, Jesus.

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Jesus and the Holy Spirit poured out on the day of Pentecost as per Acts 2 made it possible us to overcome our little world of self as Jesus did. It is a thing that needs to be done:

"He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God." Rev 2:7

4. Ernest T. Bass

Ernest T. Bass Active Member

In the context of Jn 3:16 'world' refers to each and every person, none lacking. Just like each and every person, none lacking that was bitten by a poisonous serpent could go and look up at the bronze serpent to be healed, likewise each and every person, none lacking that has been bitten by the poison of sin can go to the cross of Christ for healing.

amadeus likes this.