John 9:35-41

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus had just healed a boy born blind, and the Pharisees wouldn’t hear it. John 9:26-29 Then said they to him again, What did he to thee? how opened he thine eyes? [27] He answered them, I have told you already, and ye did not hear: wherefore would ye hear it again? will ye also be his disciples? [28] Then they reviled him, and said, Thou art his disciple; but we are Moses' disciples. [29] We know that God spake unto Moses: as for this fellow , we know not from whence he is.

In verse 39 Jesus says: “For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.”

John 9:35-41
[35] Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when he had found him, he said unto him, Dost thou believe on the Son of God? [36] He answered and said, Who is he, Lord, that I might believe on him? [37] And Jesus said unto him, Thou hast both seen him, and it is he that talketh with thee. [38] And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him. [39] And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind. [40] And some of the Pharisees which were with him heard these words, and said unto him, Are we blind also? [41] Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.

“If you were blind, you should have no sin: but now you say, you see; therefore your sin remains.

Any input?

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God gives grace (power) to the humble....but He resists the proud.

Many claim to understand the things of God. But few actually do. All the others are posers. They are very pushy and proud in what they consider as truth...but it is really just an opinion.

When another whom God has given the truth to tries to correct their opinion....they react thinking that it is just another opinion. So then, these proud ones never learn anything....although they are presented with the truth. God will not give them more of a chance than that. If they don't humble themselves to learn from others, God will leave them in blindness. If they would humble themselves and open their minds and hearts.....just even to try to hear others...God would indeed confirm His truth to them. But this they will never do.

There is no fear of God before their eyes.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God gives grace (power) to the humble....but He resists the proud.

Many claim to understand the things of God. But few actually do. All the others are posers. They are very pushy and proud in what they consider as truth...but it is really just an opinion.

When another whom God has given the truth to tries to correct their opinion....they react thinking that it is just another opinion. So then, these proud ones never learn anything....although they are presented with the truth. God will not give them more of a chance than that. If they don't humble themselves to learn from others, God will leave them in blindness. If they would humble themselves and open their minds and hearts.....just even to try to hear others...God would indeed confirm His truth to them. But this they will never do.

There is no fear of God before their eyes.

What about the: “If you were blind, you should have no sin: but now you say, you see; therefore your sin remains.” Often He refered to them as blind.

I have another question for you. It off topic but I’ve wanted to ask your input on it, now might be the time.

1 Corinthians 15:26-28
[26] The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. [27] For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted which did put all things under him. [28] And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

“...that God may be in all.”

Ephesians 4:8-10
[8] Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men. [9] (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth? [10] He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

“...that he might fill all things.”

How can God fill all things and there still remain that which God does not fill, being a place separated from the presence of God? He said: “...that he might fill all things.” What is this place of darkness that God does not fill? If His presence is not there then God will not fill All things.

Reactions: faithfulness

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What about the: “If you were blind, you should have no sin: but now you say, you see; therefore your sin remains.” Often He refered to them as blind.

Few will understand this...but to be weak and sin....therefore a sinner....is NOT a sin against righteousness. As long a a person recognizes that they are sinners and tries to make amends...there is no everlasting sin there. it is a sin that does not lead to death.

BUT...to claim salvation and righteousness for oneself.....IS a sin that leads to death.

So then the religious are the most unfortunate of all people. They get salvation wrong. They consider that God is religious....whereas He is not. The devil is religious. And many are fooled into a religious understanding in the way of death.

Life is built on humility.

Death is built on false promises that keep the pride of men...not only intact...it builds on it. But this is untempered mortar....wood, hay and stubble.
“...that he might fill all things.”

How can God fill all things and there still remain that which God does not fill, being a place separated from the presence of God? He said: “...that he might fill all things.” What is this place of darkness that God does not fill? If His presence is not there then God will not fill All things.

“the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea” Habakkuk 2:14

IOW....every living being will know at least ABOUT the glory of the Lord. Some because they know Him and live in His glory. Others because they know ABOUT His glory...although they live outside of it. The earth will be filled with His knowledge....the knowledge of HIM and who He really is.

How many people now talk ABOUT God as opposed to they who speak FROM God?

People don't allow the actual encounter with God into their hearts...now. There are plenty of excuses for that. But it is unbelief. But in these DARK corners there is no real knowledge of God...it is all opinion. So people keep God out now.

But every knee shall bow. So then everyone will be forced to see how they treated the knowledge of God. The humble will seek the Lord. The proud will smirk and shrug their shoulders....and think they could not possibly be wrong.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Few will understand this...but to be weak and sin....therefore a sinner....is NOT a sin against righteousness. As long a a person recognizes that they are sinners and tries to make amends...there is no everlasting sin there. it is a sin that does not lead to death.

BUT...to claim salvation and righteousness for oneself.....IS a sin that leads to death.

So then the religious are the most unfortunate of all people. They get salvation wrong. They consider that God is religious....whereas He is not. The devil is religious. And many are fooled into a religious understanding in the way of death.

Life is built on humility.

Yes. “Life is built on humility.” humiliation ...this has changed so much of how I see God. For so long I attached man’s(women include) attributes to Him. But the humiliation He suffered, the open shame...He is nothing like prideful man(women included) seeking an image before mankind. Acts 8:33
[33] In his humiliation his judgment was taken away: and who shall declare his generation? for his life is taken from the earth.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes. “Life is built on humility.” humiliation ...this has changed so much of how I see God. For so long I attached man’s(women include) attributes to Him. But the humiliation He suffered, the open shame...He is nothing like prideful man(women included) seeking an image before mankind. Acts 8:33
[33] In his humiliation his judgment was taken away: and who shall declare his generation? for his life is taken from the earth.

In the next age...the humble will rule over the proud...and the saints will rule over both of these.

Reactions: Nancy

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands

imo a great redux of @GodsGrace 's "sin, transgression, iniquity" thing

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Your post is what Mathew 5:39 is all about.
It's not about allowing someone to hit you twice to avoid an argument...
In Jesus' time a slap was a grave insult to a person -- maybe like spitting on someone today.

Jesus was saying to show any that might witness this act of insult would understand that by turning the cheeck meant that the person knew that God was more important than any person could be to them, and that they valued God's judgement more than the slapper.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
“If you were blind, you should have no sin: but now you say, you see; therefore your sin remains.
This is about wilful blindness. Those who are shown the truth, and shown who Christ truly is, have a duty to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and be saved. Indeed, obedience to the Gospel is commanded by God.

But the Pharisees chose to be wilfully blind to the deity of Christ and to the fact that He was their Messiah. Hence they were judicially blinded by God so that they would not be able be see anything spiritual and would be damned("therefore your sin remains"). All unbelieving Jews were also blinded to the truth.

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Few will understand this...but to be weak and sin....therefore a sinner....is NOT a sin against righteousness.

Ultimately, any and every sin leads to death!!!
The wages of sin is death. There is none righteous NO, NOT ONE.
For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all

Obviously, you have no understanding of the Gospel of the Bible.

Romans 8:16-17
16) The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God.
17) And if children, then heirs: heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

To God Be The Glory

Reactions: justbyfaith

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all

16) The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God.
17) And if children, then heirs: heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

To God Be The Glory

Obviously no understanding at all. i flunked religion class.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

To God Be The Glory
I'm very sorry to hear that I've died and come back to live a myriad of times in my life.

You're very lucky to never sin.
We can't all be like you.

Reactions: Truth

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

To God Be The Glory
Oh, and

John 13:35

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm very sorry to hear that I've died and come back to live a myriad of times in my life.

You're very lucky to never sin.
We can't all be like you.

John said this...

1 John 5;17 All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not unto death.

He flunked religion class too. We must have had the same teacher.