JOHN

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe the beginning of the book of John is conspicuously referring us back to the beginning of Genesis with the wording the author (John) chose?

If you think yes, do you think he also intended to show that the light spoken of in Genesis before the sun was created was Jesus?

If you believe that light was Jesus, what do you believe the darkness is?

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also, since this light and darkness cannot be caused by sun and moon which haven't been created yet, should we look at the Hebrew definitions within the definition that do NOT connote our human way of seeing by sun and moon?

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And someone has told me to look up each letter of the hebrew word. The first two letters can mean: 1, separation and 2. Destroy.

Struggling through the rest now.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So its:
Fence, separation, tent wall

Eat, consume, destroy

Palm of hand, to open

Separation, destruction, cover with Palm of hand?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm struggling with the hebrew but I'm pretty convinced the correct part of the definition could be misery, destruction.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the other word for darkness I was looking at is maybe...a different darkness, like...the darkness that surrounds God...?

Elihoenai

Mar 2, 2020
London, England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
2 Timothy 3:16 King James Version (KJV)

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

This is the Academic way to study and you won't receive True Revelation through this method. For True Revelation you must get the Inspiration of Elohim/God.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no idea why I thought that first 4 letter word I was looking at meant darkness, but the word was: Khaf, yud, sheen, Chet.

I came up with something like this for the word, per its letters:

outside/divide

To become

crushed/destroyed/covered by a hand

Put in prison/cut off

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Timothy 3:16 King James Version (KJV)

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

This is the Academic way to study and you won't receive True Revelation through this method. For True Revelation you must get the Inspiration of Elohim/God.

Well...how do you know it wasn't inspiration that led me to look up the letters? It has seemed to confirm what I saw when I read the words.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am fairly convinced that when God created (which can mean to cut down) the heavens and earth, and darkness and misery were on the face(as in the part that turns away) of the abyss - that this was the abyss and will become the abyss again.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well...how do you know it wasn't inspiration that led me to look up the letters? It has seemed to confirm what I saw when I read the words.

sometimes I look up letters and words and am amazed at how the garment is without seam, woven from the top throughout. Like that you said “how do you know it wasn’t inspiration that led me to ...” we don’t.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh my gosh, I don't know if I had the right letters even and then there's block and print, and vav and nun look similar. I have to go back and try to do this more carefully...

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My previous forays/posts weren't careful. I was running willy nilly.

Okay, I'm just going to start from the beginning with each word I'm interested in. I'm thinking maybe the letters of the word might not turn into a help sometimes but then, maybe they will sometimes sort of confirm the word.

Created - bara (baw-raw)
One of the definitions given in strongs can be to cut down, as in a wood/tree. This is what I have thought was being said, even though it is not how we think of the word created.

So here is the word in Hebrew for created, and a breakdown of meanings of the letters.
בּרא
The letters are read from right to left.
Beit - Gods dwelling place
resh - wickedness
Aleph - strength, first

So...aha!! At the very least, this word does seem to tell a story of wickedness being in Gods dwelling place maybe having something to do with where He first begins our story. Its at least a possibility. It could sort of sound like...God cut down wickedness and a separation resulted - heaven and earth.

Ezekiel talks of earthly kings and then a principality type king. This is why scholars believe some of it is speaking of Satan. Talk of being thrown down to the ground and such.

Last edited: