Joint Heirs

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

gregg

Oct 16, 2009
arab
do you feel you are equal with christ? as he is so are we in this world 1 jn. 4-17. how do todays christions look at themselves?equal or not? compared to CHRIST

Nomad

Post Tenebras Lux
Aug 9, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are joint heirs with Christ, but that's a far cry from being his equal. Scripture tells us that Christ is our Lord, our teacher and our master.

Reactions: kestrel

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
do you feel you are equal with christ? as he is so are we in this world 1 jn. 4-17. how do todays christions look at themselves?equal or not? compared to CHRIST
PS if you write out the verse like this Rom 8:17 and 1 John 4:17 we can click onto them and not get taco chips all over our Bibles.

I take Rom 8:17 as literal. As a direct clue of what I am to God... I am a joint heir 100% along with Jesus.
It is up to me to realize what that really means!
To step up to the plate and now have the courage to accept what that indeed entails ---I am an inheritor of all that God Almighty has appropriated for me - -every glorious privilege. I have a right on this earth and in the afterlife to partake in the pleasures, privileges and the powers afforded a child ---not a servant -a child of their Father - but, more than that ---the daughter of the King.
That I may approach His Throne with confidence. See? This is a very very deep verse.

You brought up "today's Christians". I don't concern myself with others very much. Everyone is at their own point on the Path. But, it is true, many Christians - due to lack of teaching and emphasis of their teachers - have not realized and taken their full gift as inheritors of the Last Will and Testament of Jesus.

Ps -I knew it was you that started this topic, gregg.
:) Miss Hepburn

However, I do not know exactly what it means that we are to suffer. Any insights there, gregg.
I thought that Jesus suffered so that we wouldn't, See? Could it mean that we feel and appreciate what he went thru - the suffering? I could use some more understanding.

gregg

Oct 16, 2009
arab
PS if you write out the verse like this Rom 8:17 and 1 John 4:17 we can click onto them and not get taco chips all over our Bibles.

I take Rom 8:17 as literal. As a direct clue of what I am to God... I am a joint heir 100% along with Jesus.
To step up to the plate and now have the courage to accept what that indeed entails ---I am an inheritor of all that God Almighty has appropriated for me - -every glorious privilege. I have a right on this earth and in the afterlife to partake in the pleasures, privileges and the powers afforded a child ---not a servant -a child of their Father - but, more than that ---the daughter of the King.
That I may approach His Throne with confidence. See? This is a very very deep verse.

You brought up "today's Christians". I don't concern myself with others very much. Everyone is at their own point on the Path. But, it is true, many Christians - due to lack of teaching and emphasis of their teachers - have not realized and taken their full gift as inheritors of the Last Will and Testament of Jesus.

However, I do not know exactly what it means that we are to suffer. Any insights there, gregg.
I thought that Jesus suffered so that we wouldn't, See? Could it mean that we feel and appreciate what he went thru - the suffering? I could use some more understanding.
your reply has truely blessed my heart with tears lol will get you a answer

kestrel

Oct 8, 2008
We are joint heirs with Christ, but that's a far cry from being his equal. Scripture tells us that Christ is our Lord, our teacher and our master.

I agree with Nomad. I think the serpent in the garden said something about being just like God

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
gregg, I think this thread is a perfect place to tell this story - you may know it.

There was a boy, say, Tom, that was invited to his friend's to hang out.
Tom saw all sorts of fun things and asked if they could ride the horses.
The friend said, "Well, my father's the caretaker of this ranch - those belong
to the owner, my dad's boss. See the big house?"

Later, in high school, Tom became friends with the rancher's son. He also was
invited over. But, this time Tom was able to ride the horses and go all over the ranch
even go into the fridge.

As a friend of the rancher's son he had the privilege to enjoy all the ranch had to offer.

:)

Reactions: kestrel

Shelli

Nov 13, 2007

Since you are "equal with Christ," can you tell us about the "greater works" you have been doing according to John 14:12? Please reply with clarity, confidence, and truth without dodging the question.

Surf Rider

Dec 17, 2009
in the kingdom of heaven right now
Peter states that we are present participants of God's divine Nature. That's what it means to be born again: we are born of God. Everything, yes, EVERYTHING gives seed after it's own kind. Genesis 1 stuff. When born of God, we are of God. We are brothers and sisters of Christ, and children of the Most High. The scritpures are loaded, just loaded with this truth, but the church considers it heresy. Christ clearly explained it, and even clarified Psalm 82. Thus, "he who is born of God cannot sin, for God's seed reamins in him, and he cannot sin." "More than conquerors". Yet Christians love to take Rom. 7 and use that to ignore the truth. They fail to see the context of Rom. 7, nor do they see that Paul then states, "who can save me from this state?" What's his answer? "Christ!" If you are still in that damned state, then by Paul's own words, and the rest of the Word, you are not yet saved by Christ! Do the math. Christians also love to interpret the Word by their own pathetic spiritual life, instead of the other way around. Not good. So the church, by it's own admission being filled with clean and unclean water, believes that the unclean water is made clean by the pure. That, too, makes Christ out to be liar, and makes the law to be wrong also. This is explained in the NT, and in the prophets also. But ignored by the church. God even asked the israelites if the unclean was made clean by contact with the clean. The answer by both parties was a resounding NO! They were then asked if the clean was made unclean by the unclean. Both parties answered with a resounding YES! The church, Christians, call God unjust and state that the opposite is true in these things. Crazy. Just crazy.

Those born of God will do the works that Christ did, and do even greater. At least that's what Christ himself said. But tell me: have you done them?!!!! When was the last time that you saw or heard of a believer doing any of those things? Does your church leader do them? Do your friends do them? Do you do them? The emphatic answer is a resounding NO! The proof is in the pudding. Yet I assure you, you state that you are close with God and know His Word, and that I am not, but that I am hard and judgemental. Interesting. "knowing neither the scriptures nor the power of God..." If living in sin, how is it that you know the power of God? Or the scriptures?

"Lord, Lord...."

Are the scriptures actually correct in this, and thus the majority of the church doesn't even know God? Or am I just a sicko and everyone is tight with God and scripture is a book with some statements that are utopian, idealistic bunk?

Heaven forbid that the church could be wrong in their understanding of the Word.

But just look at the statistics: it's a sexually perverted, blind leading the blind, wicked church. By it's fruit I know it. By it's own admission it is this way.

"Don't you know that bad company corrupts good character?" Why do you hang around it?

Actually, why are you a part of it and believe what it teaches and accept what it does?

"Not only condone these things, but actually do them...."

Shelli

Nov 13, 2007
Peter states that we are present participants of God's divine Nature. That's what it means to be born again: we are born of God. Everything, yes, EVERYTHING gives seed after it's own kind. Genesis 1 stuff. When born of God, we are of God. We are brothers and sisters of Christ, and children of the Most High. The scritpures are loaded, just loaded with this truth, but the church considers it heresy. Christ clearly explained it, and even clarified Psalm 82. Thus, "he who is born of God cannot sin, for God's seed reamins in him, and he cannot sin." "More than conquerors". Yet Christians love to take Rom. 7 and use that to ignore the truth. They fail to see the context of Rom. 7, nor do they see that Paul then states, "who can save me from this state?" What's his answer? "Christ!" If you are still in that damned state, then by Paul's own words, and the rest of the Word, you are not yet saved by Christ! Do the math. Christians also love to interpret the Word by their own pathetic spiritual life, instead of the other way around. Not good. So the church, by it's own admission being filled with clean and unclean water, believes that the unclean water is made clean by the pure. That, too, makes Christ out to be liar, and makes the law to be wrong also. This is explained in the NT, and in the prophets also. But ignored by the church. God even asked the israelites if the unclean was made clean by contact with the clean. The answer by both parties was a resounding NO! They were then asked if the clean was made unclean by the unclean. Both parties answered with a resounding YES! The church, Christians, call God unjust and state that the opposite is true in these things. Crazy. Just crazy.

Those born of God will do the works that Christ did, and do even greater. At least that's what Christ himself said. But tell me: have you done them?!!!! When was the last time that you saw or heard of a believer doing any of those things? Does your church leader do them? Do your friends do them? Do you do them? The emphatic answer is a resounding NO! The proof is in the pudding. Yet I assure you, you state that you are close with God and know His Word, and that I am not, but that I am hard and judgemental. Interesting. "knowing neither the scriptures nor the power of God..." If living in sin, how is it that you know the power of God? Or the scriptures?

"Lord, Lord...."

Are the scriptures actually correct in this, and thus the majority of the church doesn't even know God? Or am I just a sicko and everyone is tight with God and scripture is a book with some statements that are utopian, idealistic bunk?

Heaven forbid that the church could be wrong in their understanding of the Word.

But just look at the statistics: it's a sexually perverted, blind leading the blind, wicked church. By it's fruit I know it. By it's own admission it is this way.

"Don't you know that bad company corrupts good character?" Why do you hang around it?

Actually, why are you a part of it and believe what it teaches and accept what it does?

"Not only condone these things, but actually do them...."

What are the "greater works than Christ" which you have done?

Remember, declining to answer this question with the facts of your works would be in disobedience to Matthew 5:16, "Let yoyur light shine before men, that they may see your GOOD WORKS [emphasis mine] and praise your father which is in heaven."

gregg

Oct 16, 2009
arab
as part of the body of christ we have reached millions with his gosple healed untold thousands and you can go on from there.if your looking for one man or woman to do it by themselves then even the diciples failed.the commision was to the church.only christ did it alone and with god.

Shelli

Nov 13, 2007
as part of the body of christ we have reached millions with his gosple healed untold thousands and you can go on from there.if your looking for one man or woman to do it by themselves then even the diciples failed.the commision was to the church.only christ did it alone and with god.
Are those millions being "reached with the Gospel" which you speak about of the same spiritual substance, same spiritual strength, same capacity to function in the body, and same ability to make tough choices under physical persecution as the people who Jesus "reached?" Or, are those "millions" you speak of mostly just nominal pewsitters who want their fire insurance to keep them out of Hell? Do you really know, or do you just kind of use your imagination to visualize it ... ?

And, who is this "We" you claim to represent ... ? Just kind of curious if you really do represent the people who have "healed untold thousands," or if you are just saying that to sound important.

Thanks.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Are those millions being "reached with the Gospel" which you speak about of the same spiritual substance, same spiritual strength, same capacity to function in the body, and same ability to make tough choices under physical persecution as the people who Jesus "reached?" Or, are those "millions" you speak of mostly just nominal pewsitters who want their fire insurance to keep them out of Hell? Do you really know, or do you just kind of use your imagination to visualize it ... ?

And, who is this "We" you claim to represent ... ? Just kind of curious if you really do represent the people who have "healed untold thousands," or if you are just saying that to sound important.

Thanks.

Again notice how this devil can not stand that the body is of one spirit ...He can not grasp this concept so he must
attack it again and again. Divide and conquer attack for the sake of attacking
watch and learn how Satan servents try to twist and deceive ....

Luk 10:19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

Just order Satan and his servants to get thee behind us we are the body of Christ baptised in one spirit .... give these devils no due their words are nothing to us

Shelli

Nov 13, 2007
Again notice how this devil can not stand that the body is of one spirit ...He can not grasp this concept so he must
attack it again and again. Divide and conquer attack for the sake of attacking
watch and learn how Satan servents try to twist and deceive ....

Luk 10:19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

Just order Satan and his servants to get thee behind us we are the body of Christ baptised in one spirit .... give these devils no due their words are nothing to us

Yes, Satan and his people do like to talk about things which they themselves cannot perform. He and his minions do not deliver what they advertise. Correct?

Can you give us some examples of how you personally have exercised this power you speak of in your own life in a material way? I am not talking about a "feeling" you may have had, or a strong idea, or some intuitive notion. I am asking about how this power you speak of can be materially seen in your life just like Jesus showed it to others. You do "follow" Him, don't you?

Surf Rider

Dec 17, 2009
"Remember, declining to answer this question with the facts of your works would be in disobedience to Matthew 5:16, "Let yoyur light shine before men, that they may see your GOOD WORKS [emphasis mine] and praise your father which is in heaven." :

Interesting. So because there were million who didn't hear of the apostles' works, the apostles were in direct disobedience? Faulty premise, and therefore faulty application, and thus faulty conclusions. So, to answer your question with another, as Christ used to do while on this earth, what greater works did the apostles do? List them, please. Thanks.

Therein is your answer. The Lord has used me to heal miraculously, change the weather miraculously, prophecy, been involved in the casting out of demons, and doing signs and wonders. This is not a personal contest. But rather, just as Paul had to put forth his "credentials" for those who didn't believe, and had not the works that he did, so I gave a summation of the types of things the Lord has done through me. Do you also want to hear about the jdugments the Lord pronounced through me that have come true? Unpleasant stuff, that. Just look at the OT prophets: they had lots of that for the hard hearted people who thought that they were of God, but by their works proved otherwise. Peter, too, and the two of them dropped dead at his feet. Then many feared God. The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom.

One miracle is no greater than another, to God. It is man that considers one harder than another. Even Christ stated that he healed in order that they would see that it is absolutely no different to Him to forgive sins or to heal/perform a physical miracle. It makes no difference to God, as He does both with equal ease. What have you bound or loosed spiritually lately?

Surf Rider

Dec 17, 2009
Yes, Satan and his people do like to talk about things which they themselves cannot perform. He and his minions do not deliver what they advertise. Correct?

Can you give us some examples of how you personally have exercised this power you speak of in your own life in a material way? I am not talking about a "feeling" you may have had, or a strong idea, or some intuitive notion. I am asking about how this power you speak of can be materially seen in your life just like Jesus showed it to others. You do "follow" Him, don't you?

This is a valid question. I gave a cursory overview of those things in my life. Can you give one for your life?

It has become so common place in my life, that I don't keep track of them. Others do, and remind me of them from time to time, as I have forgotten many of them. Even the unsaved have come to me, in my early twenties, and stated that they see miracles almost every single day in my life, and wanted to know what it was all about. That's the purplose, as given in the Word, so that the unsaved will see and turn and ask. And my family and friends love to see these things occur. It's a blast. Most of the time. Sometimes it isn't. Like the time that some acquantences came and told us that she was pregnant. The Lord immediately gave me a verse, "when the time has come to give birth, they bring forth wind." I knew then that she wasn't 4 months pregnant as they assumed. She was even showing. He noticed that I wasn't happy like everyone else in the room at their announcement. So he asked me later about it. I told him that his wife wasn't pregnant. And that it also was a sign, a judgment from God for sin in his life. He got warped. But, a few weeks later, on a checkup at the doc's, the ultrasound showed that she wasn't pregnant, even though all signs pointed to it: she had a large build up of "air" in her uterus. And then, a few months after that, it was discovered that he was living in sin. I had been confronting him and asking him what the sin was that he was hiding, but he kept lying and saying that he and God were tight. So, obviously, he didnt' want to hang around me any more! Other's began to wonder what my problem was -- why was I picking on him? Yet his wife caught him with a teenage girl -- in the act. And the day before that, I had phoned and told them that the Lord told me that he was a Judas. He was arrested and hauled away. Listed for the rest of his life as a pedophile. God doesn't always tell just exactly what the sin is, but it will always come out for all to see. "Some men's sins go before them, and some follow after." We have the mind of Christ. We will know all things when He reveals them to us. when was the last time you knew what was up beforehand? Christ did. We are told that we have the same mind. Do you?

People have stated that I should write books with all the stuff that He as done through me. I am not boasting: you asked. People from different countries, too, for the Lord has used me all over the place. But that is not what the people need: books with stories of God's working through some dude, some commoner. You have Moses and the law. If you don't believe them, you won't believe me either. You have Christ stating these things of those who are born of God. If you don't believe me, it's because you don't believe Him. Ifn you had believed them and Him, you will believe me when I state that I have done these things by His leading. At least that's what Christ said. Even John, the 1,2,3 John, states that this is how we know that people are of God or not: they believe the true things that they are told. Pretty simple, really. And that is a very narrow, exclusive statement by God through John, isn't it? Godn is very, very exlusive, for many will seek to enter by the Door, but will not be able to. Wow.

Am I right or wrong in this? The Word states very clearly on it. Judge me by the Word and the truth. "By their fruits you will know them".

Witnessed to a man a while back, and he just started shaking in fear when I told him about God. Great fear fell on the church and the unsaved, it states in Acts.l He told me last week that he is now born of God. Do peopel respond to you as they did to those born of God in Acts? If not, why not? We have the same God, don't we?

And no, not all have the gift of healing. Or prophecying. Or casting out demons. Or performing signs and wonders. Or of administration. Or of giving.

Yet he has stated that having been given one talent, we need to go and double it. And having been given 5 talents, we need to go and double it. Why? He is worthy, and He bears see after His own Kind. No exceptions. I have a downs syndrome son. God doesn't. But the churcfh is filled with them spiritually. Hmmm.... Well you know what? We have been blessed with ALL spiritual blessings in the heavenly realms. We have been given the Spirit without measure. For those who have been born of God, they have unlimited gifts from the Father of lights. How many have you buried? Is He happy with that?

"Give us more faith", the disciples said. What did Christ say to answer that? if you do only that which God commands you to do, YOU ARE AN UNPROFITABLE SERVANT TO GOD. That doesn't fit the church's beliefs, does it? Do you wonder why you don't have the works of Christ? He gave the asnwer already. That's in Luke 17. It's a good read. I suggest it be read and believed. If believed, then acted upon. Pretty simple, really.

But I do know that God has given His Spirit WITHOUT MEASURE, as He states in the Word, and that He, when we have finally borne a litte bit of fruit, will prune us so that we bear much fruit. That's directly stated in the Word, by Christ Himself. Being born of Him, I have His mind. I know His thoughts. He knows mine. These things are stated in the Word. Knowing His will, I do not need to ask what it is. It is the person who doesn't know God well enough that needs to ask Him what His thoughts are on something. Christ new it. The scriptures state that we have the Mind, and know His desires. That, too, doesn't match up with what Christians say their life is like.

I choose to believe the Word and what God states in it, not what Christians state it cannot be saying because they interpret the Word of God by their own pathetic spiritual walks.

As Christ so clearly stated: if you have it, you can't hide it at all. If you don't see it, it's because you don't have it at all. Pretty simple, really.

So, what's your proof? Do you even believe the Word on these things? Or are they somehow not applicable to us, for some sort of vague reasons that are pulled out of a hat, and not out of the Word of God? The Word of God states why it is that those who call themselves by His Name don't have the works. What's that reason that it gives?

"judge for yourselves...."

"Test yourselves, to see if you are actually in the faith."

The scriptures have stated the test. Have you passed it according to the scritpures?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006

Yes God gave me me wisdom to discern an evil spirit and I have called attention to you for what you are
I see your true colors and what you are as I think most here do, but I have posted it for those who may have missed it ....
and the more you talk the more you make my point So please carry on ....
The devil is always so prideful and arrogant he cuts his own throat its always been that way
and you are just another walking in devils path nothing special.

Reactions: Miss Hepburn

Surf Rider

Dec 17, 2009
Yes God gave me me wisdom to discern an evil spirit and I have called attention to you for what you are
I see your true colors and what you are as I think most here do, but I have posted it for those who may have missed it ....
and the more you talk the more you make my point So please carry on ....
The devil is always so prideful and arrogant he cuts his own throat its always been that way
and you are just another walking in devils path nothing special.

Shelli has somwe valid points here, for at least two reaasons: 1) these things are not seen in the church today, with very, very rare exception. (Unless you go to places like the underground church in China.)
2) Shelli might be asking for valid "proofs". This is proper. And she may very well have these things in her own life. That would be very good.
3) Shelli might be convicted/condemend, for not having them in her own life. That would be very bad.

It is the intent of the asking, that attitude in the asking that is the issue, not actual the asking itself. Wehn I first read her post, I thought that it was somewhat derogatory. But then I read it again, and I didn't see that at all. The first time my response was due to the fact that it is almost never asked without a condemning, derogatory, self-justifying attitude. But it is incumbent upon us to assume the best of others. So unless they have quite balatantly used words to convey that attitude, we are not to attribute it to them.

So, either your reply to Shelli is errant, or it is correct. However, because I don't know the history between the two of you, I will not assume one way or the other. It would seem, though, that from my ignorant viewpoint, your reply to her in regard to her quote that you utilized, you were guilty of what you condemned her for. Or perhaps I'm way off on this one.

Open to input/correction here. Thanks, y'all.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Shelli has somwe valid points here, for at least two reaasons: 1) these things are not seen in the church today, with very, very rare exception. (Unless you go to places like the underground church in China.)
2) Shelli might be asking for valid "proofs". This is proper. And she may very well have these things in her own life. That would be very good.
3) Shelli might be convicted/condemend, for not having them in her own life. That would be very bad.

It is the intent of the asking, that attitude in the asking that is the issue, not actual the asking itself. Wehn I first read her post, I thought that it was somewhat derogatory. But then I read it again, and I didn't see that at all. The first time my response was due to the fact that it is almost never asked without a condemning, derogatory, self-justifying attitude. But it is incumbent upon us to assume the best of others. So unless they have quite balatantly used words to convey that attitude, we are not to attribute it to them.

So, either your reply to Shelli is errant, or it is correct. However, because I don't know the history between the two of you, I will not assume one way or the other. It would seem, though, that from my ignorant viewpoint, your reply to her in regard to her quote that you utilized, you were guilty of what you condemned her for. Or perhaps I'm way off on this one.

Open to input/correction here. Thanks, y'all.