• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
-
Ive noticed that Christians always have some ideas/questions... about Judas, regarding him being "saved or not'.

So, lets look at that question.

Read carefully....

1.) Early in the morning, all the chief priests and the elders of the people made their plans how to have Jesus executed. 2 So they bound him, led him away and handed him over to Pilate the governor.

2.) When Judas, who had betrayed him, saw that Jesus was condemned, he was seized with remorse and returned the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and the elders. 4 “I have sinned,” he said, “for I have betrayed innocent blood.”
“What is that to us?” they replied. “That’s your responsibility.”

3.) So Judas threw the money into the temple and left. Then he went away and hanged himself.

Notice that Jesus died on the Cross = AFTER Judas had killed himself.
So, Judas died before Jesus went to the Cross for the sin of the world.

Now, let me show you more..

The NT teaches that : "if you have NOT the spirit of GOD, you are none of His"..

So, there goes water baptism, and commandment keeping, and enduing to the end.
See that?
Legalism just went to HELL. So dont be one of those.
= This means that you have to be BORN AGAIN, to have the SPIRIT of GOD.....as this...>"you are become a Temple of the Holy Spirit".... or as Jesus tells you...."you must be born again"... and that is by the Spirit of God, and not by the city water supply as the water Cults teach.

Now, If Judas has the Holy Spirit in Him, before He Hung Himself, then He went to heaven, and you get to meet him, if you are born again.

Did He?

Look here..... John 20:20-22, says that Jesus, after He was raised from the DEAD.... said to the disciples...."receive YOU the Holy Spirit", And Jesus "Breathed on them".
Reader.....The "Breathing" is symbolic... Its relating Jesus as the pre-incarnate WORD (John 1:1) to God the Father breathing the SPIRIT into ADAM....in Genesis = and Adam became a Living SOUL.
See that?
That is Jesus, who is GOD......doing to the Apostles, what God did to Adam.
Now here is the answer..
Where is Judas?
Where is JUDAS, when Jesus is doing this to the Apostles in John 20:22
He is dead....so, he did not receive the Spirit from Christ, and he was also not at Pentecost when the Comforter came.

Judas went to hell, just like everyone who dies religious, water baptized, but not born again.
Yes, Judas was water baptized but he was not born again.

Reactions: Cooper

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
-
Ive noticed that Christians always have some ideas/questions... about Judas, regarding him being "saved or not'.

Read carefully....

1.) Early in the morning, all the chief priests and the elders of the people made their plans how to have Jesus executed. 2 So they bound him, led him away and handed him over to Pilate the governor.

2.) When Judas, who had betrayed him, saw that Jesus was condemned, he was seized with remorse and returned the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and the elders. 4 “I have sinned,” he said, “for I have betrayed innocent blood.”

3.) So Judas threw the money into the temple and left. Then he went away and hanged himself.

The NT teaches that : "if you have NOT the spirit of GOD, you are none of His"..

See that?
= This means that you have to be BORN AGAIN, to have the SPIRIT of GOD.....as this...>"you are become a Temple of the Holy Spirit".... or as Jesus tells you...."you must be born again"... and that is by the Spirit of God, and not by the city water supply as the water Cults teach.

Now, If Judas has the Holy Spirit in Him, before He Hung Himself, then He went to heaven, and you get to meet him, if you are born again.

Did He?

Look here..... John 20:20-22, says that Jesus, after He was raised from the DEAD.... said to the disciples...."receive YOU the Holy Spirit", And Jesus "Breathed on them".
Reader.....The "Breathing" is symbolic... Its relating Jesus as the pre-incarnate WORD (John 1:1) to God the Father breathing the SPIRIT into ADAM....in Genesis = and Adam became a Living SOUL.
See that?
Now here is the answer..
Where is Judas?
He is dead....so, he did not receive the Spirit from Christ, and he was also not at Pentecost when the Comforter came.

Judas went to hell, just like everyone who dies religious, water baptized, but not born again.

So when Jesus said "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God" he was lying.

So when Jesus said "He who believes and is baptized will be saved" he was lying.

So when Peter wrote " Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you" he was mistaken.

So when Paul wrote "he saved us.....by the washing of regeneration and renewal in the Holy Spirit" he was mistaken.

Daniel L.

Feb 25, 2022
Lisboa
Faith
Christian
Country
Portugal

1 John 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

1 John 3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-

Read carefully....

See that?

Did He?

See that?
Now here is the answer..
Where is Judas?

Judas was never saved, but instead he was an unbelieving, unclean devil who betrayed Jesus. (John 6:64-71; 13:10-11)

Reactions: Enoch111

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 17:12: "While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled."

John 6:70: "Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?"

John 6:64: "But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him."

John 13:11: "For he knew who should betray him; therefore said he, Ye are not all clean."

Acts 1:25: "That he may take part of this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place."

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God" he was lying..

No, Jesus is not lying.
Your Cult is lying...as all water cults try to deny the Cross and replace it with the city water supply.

See, Jesus is making a distinction between the earthly birth, and the SPIRITUAL birth.
This is why the word "AGAIN" is uses... You must be born....AGAIN....as the first birth, wont get you into heaven....so, you must be born AGAIN, Jesus told you, and that birth is not by water, but "by my spirit, sayeth the Lord".

The Water cults, yours.... do not makes this distinction, and teach the lie that water causes a spiritual birth.
That lie, is Catholic and Jehovah's witness, who both teach, the lie that "water causes spiritual birth".
And of course its the Holy SPIRIT that causes the spiritual birth, never water.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
So when Paul wrote "he saved us.....by the washing of regeneration and renewal in the Holy Spirit" he was mistaken.

Look at your verse.

Its explaining that the "renewal of regeneration" is ...IN the Holy Spirt.

See that?
The Cults teach that this is the city water supply.
You should leave your cult and find a bible believing church....asap.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
1 John 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Can you take your commandment keeping legalism to a Thread that is discussing how to reject the Cross?
That would work best for you.

Thx.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Judas was never saved, but instead he was an unbelieving, unclean devil who betrayed Jesus. (John 6:64-71; 13:10-11)

Yes.
The Thread explains that He didn't have the Spirit of God.....He was not born again.
So, if is a person dies like that, you will go to hell, and water baptism wont help.

Reactions: mailmandan

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Look at your verse.

Its explaining that the "renewal of regeneration" is ...IN the Holy Spirt.

I don't know why the RSV translates it that way. Looking through Bible Gateway at all the English translation (about 70) they almost all translate it as by, of or through. The consensus is clearly that the renewing is the work of the Holy Spirit.
And Paul clearly says "he saved us.....by the washing of regeneration..."
Just as Jesus clearly says "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God"
You see it's both water and Spirit

Then Jesus also says "He who believes and is baptized will be saved".
And peter wrote " Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you".

See that?
The Cults teach that this is the city water supply.

You should leave your cult and find a bible believing church....asap.

I have. I believe what is recorded in the Bible that Jesus says and Peter and Paul wrote.
Apparently you do not.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No, Jesus is not lying.
Your Cult is lying...as all water cults try to deny the Cross and replace it with the city water supply.

That is just your personal and fallible opinion. No evidence for that claim.

See, Jesus is making a distinction between the earthly birth, and the SPIRITUAL birth.
This is why the word "AGAIN" is uses... You must be born....AGAIN....as the first birth, wont get you into heaven....so, you must be born AGAIN, Jesus told you, and that birth is not by water, but "by my spirit, sayeth the Lord".

Not born AGAIN. That is just a poor translation by the KJV. Correctly is it born from ABOVE.
KJV cults tend to read it falsely as born AGAIN.

The Water cults, yours.... do not makes this distinction, and teach the lie that water causes a spiritual birth.

That is a lie . They do not claim that.

That lie, is Catholic and Jehovah's witness, who both teach, the lie that "water causes spiritual birth".
And of course its the Holy SPIRIT that causes the spiritual birth, never water.

Of course it is the Holy Spirit that causes us to be born from ABOVE.
But when does the Holy Spirit do that?
Scripture tells us that He acts in baptism with water.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I have. I believe what is recorded in the Bible that Jesus says and Peter and Paul wrote.
Apparently you do not.

I quoted Jesus...... you didn't.
So, that's just the beginning of your theological issue.

Its like this.....let me explain it again...

There are 2 water cults that preach the lie, the LIE< that water causes SPIRITUAL BIRTH.
God says otherwise..>He says that the Holy Spirit causes the Spiritual birth to happen inside a person.

Final answer.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Mungo....The "cult of Mary" and the Jehovah's witness teach that God has to use water or He can't do anything.

The Dying Thief on the cross was never water baptized, and He is in Heaven.
Judas, who betrayed Jesus.... was water baptized, And he is in hell.
Water gets you wet.
Nothing else...
So, your issue is that a CULT = a WATER CULT has lied to you, and you have not realized it.
And this will be difficult, because to realize it, means you have recognized that you have been deceived by them.
It takes a person of spiritual depth to be able to deal with such knowledge, once gained, and get OUT of the deception.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
@mailmandan It would seem by definition that as an apostate someone like Judas had light but not life.

Judas spent 3 years walking alongside the "Light of the World".
Didn't help.
Jesus said he was/is a "devil"....so, thats a problem, as the Devil believes in Jesus......as a matter of fact, Satan has more JESUS in his life than he wants, and it wont help him.

Was the Devil "predestined" to become the fallen "father of Lies'.
Of course not.
He has free will, just like we do, and that can be a dangerous thing, as it allows you to go to hell.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Judas spent 3 years walking alongside the "Light of the World".
Didn't help.
Jesus said he was/is a "devil"....so, thats a problem, as the Devil believes in Jesus......as a matter of fact, Satan has more JESUS in his life than he wants, and it wont help him.

Was the Devil "predestined" to become the fallen "father of Lies'.
Of course not.
He has free will, just like we do, and that can be a dangerous thing, as it allows you to go to hell.
The enemy was never human; he never had human responsibility.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I quoted Jesus...... you didn't.
So, that's just the beginning of your theological issue.

I quoted Jesus:
"Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God". (Jn 3:5)

"He who believes and is baptized will be saved" (Mt 16:16)

Its like this.....let me explain it again...

There are 2 water cults that preach the lie, the LIE< that water causes SPIRITUAL BIRTH.
God says otherwise..>He says that the Holy Spirit causes the Spiritual birth to happen inside a person.

Final answer.
And I agreed with you that The Holy Spirit is the cause.
Of course it is the Holy Spirit that causes us to be born from ABOVE.
But when does the Holy Spirit do that?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I
"He who believes and is baptized will be saved" (Mt 16:16)

Have you ever wondered why a water cult member never talks about the Cross of Christ, or the Blood of Jesus?
When you figure that out, will be the day of your deliverance, started.

Also, look at your verse....see, you didnt really look clearly at the verse, because you only posted half the verse, which is what a water cultist always does.

Let me quote the entire verse for you..

"He who believes and is baptized shall be saved, but he who BELIEVES NOT = shall be damned".....which is this .... John 3:36

Let me show what you dont SEE.

Your verse says......that if you dont do something, you shall be DAMNED.

What is that?...>"believe NOT"........and notice that WATER baptism, is not connected to the DAMNED, if you dont do it..
See that?

Why is that?
Because FAITH is what God accepts to save you.......not water.
And if you do not BELIEVE in JESUS, you will die an UNBELIEVER......"in your sins", According to Jesus, and you will go to hell for UNBELIF.

So, what that is telling you, is that BELIEF is what matters......as its unbelief that DAMNS you, so, it has to be BELIEF, that is what God requires.....not water baptism.......= to save you.

Reactions: mailmandan

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Mungo....The "cult of Mary" and the Jehovah's witness teach that God has to use water or He can't do anything.
I don't know about this "Cult of Mary" or Jehovah's Witnesses but the Catholic Church does not teach that "God has to use water or He can't do anything".

The Dying Thief on the cross was never water baptized, and He is in Heaven.
So?
What does that prove?

Judas, who betrayed Jesus.... was water baptized, And he is in hell.
Where does Scripture say Judas was water baptised?

Water gets you wet.
Nothing else...
Water by itself doesn't save anyone. But baptising according to Jesus' instructions does.

So, your issue is that a CULT = a WATER CULT has lied to you, and you have not realized it.
And this will be difficult, because to realize it, means you have recognized that you have been deceived by them.
It takes a person of spiritual depth to be able to deal with such knowledge, once gained, and get OUT of the deception.

Your personal opinions unaccompanied by any evidence is of no value to me.