Judging Others

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you believe you have the right to judge other people?

Do you believe you do in fact have the right to judge other people and their own salvation despite the lives that they perhaps did live? Maybe they killed someone, or done some horrible crime like rape?

Why does Jesus Christ tell us do not judge, lest you be judged?

I believe what he is talking about when you start picking and jabbing at people with the beak of a raven, or a scavenger that use their beaks to pick up dead meat from a dead animal or body, you are going to be judged right back. That might not be by the person themselves, but that could also mean you will be judged by God by your own judgement.

God is the ultimate judge but people see themselves as having authority to pick and choose and say LOOK AT ALL THE WHOLE ALL THE HORRIBLE PEOPLE! TURN FROM THEM COME TO GOD OR BE DAMNED TO HELL FOREVERRRRRRRRRR!

No human being has authority, though God has allowed Governing authorities to be in their own place. Such as president, supervisors at work, those are authorities, materially.

However, SPIRITUALLY - God is the only Authority and by and through is word (reading and learning it) one is judged. The judgement being on their mind/will/emotion through learning and renewing their mind by the use of the Word of God.

So to you out there, do you believe you have a right to judge people? To condemn them? Even if you do not totally understand them? Do you need to call them out, saying YOU HERETIC YOU DONT BELIEVE HOW I BELIEVE YOU ARE CONDMENED IF YOU DO NOT GET IT RIGHT!?

Please share if you would like to.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Why do you believe you have the right to judge other people?

The NT explains that the Christian is in a unique situation, as we are to judge "Them" according to their Fruit.

This does not mean to esteem ourselves as exalted above them, it means to spiritually discern them, MatthewG.

Like this...>"he that is SPIRITUAL......JUDGES......ALL.....>>THINGS">.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, thank you for sharing what you had to share Behold.

That would mean it is okay to judge with-in situations.

The thing that I am explaining is do you have the authority and right to call people out and condemn them in a non-loving gentle way, by and through the flesh and not the spirit.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would like to also see what others may have to say please feel free to share.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The thing that I am explaining is do you have the authority and right to call people out and condemn them in a non-loving gentle way, by and through the flesh and not the spirit.

Are you saying that you are falsely judging me as being "non-loving"?
That you have the right to judge me this way, because that is your opinion?
Well, you have free will, so, use it as you will.

Jesus said of the religious that they are "of their father the devil".
So, was that the love you need to hear from Him?

Paul said that the "Greeks are DOGS".
So, is that the love of God you feel is too judgmental?

Paul prayed that God would take vengeance on a "blacksmith" who had harmed him...
So, is that "sharing the love of Christ"?

Paul once cause a WITCH, male, to go BLIND".
Is that "brotherly love"? Is that to "seek and save the Lost"?

Listen, a lot of people pretend to be Christians, and their teaching is demonic.
You dont hug that, you tear that down, harshly.

You have to be careful and not use just your mind to try to figure out the Spiritual, as if you do that, you will never see the Light.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whoa man,

I was simply making a suggestion of what I am talking about in the very first verse.

The main post is about FLESHLY JUDGEMENT UPON PEOPLE; Which they TEND TO SPIRITUALLY JUDGE PEOPLE.

Where do people get authority to be able to judge and condemn others? It is okay to read and share the bible to anyone who is desirous to hear what it has to say there is nothing wrong with that. That is where God can move in and perhaps help a person in their life when they hear what is spoken in the bible if they accept it by and through faith and are given a new life.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Whoa man,

I was simply making a suggestion of what I am talking about in the very first verse.

The main post is about FLESHLY JUDGEMENT UPON PEOPLE; Which they TEND TO SPIRITUALLY JUDGE PEOPLE.

Where do people get authority to be able to judge and condemn others?

Human nature is to judge.

Look at social media.. Look at Sports News Networks......

Everyone is judging someone........ "He can't run", "He can't throw", "She is this".. 'He is that"...
The whole world judges in the way you are implying is carnal, and you are right.

WE, the born again, are in the world but NOT OF IT..
"OF".... we are here, but not a part of the secular mind that is the "world system".

The born again are to live above it, and we are to SEE all things through the lens of the Spirit of Truth.
We are to be discerners.. to be able to separate= the distinctions into morally correct, or not morally correct, based on TRUTH.
Jesus is THE Truth.

Lets say that "Arron" shows up on the Forum today, and says....""hey everyone, glad to be here."""
I was RAISED in the Church..
My dad is a Pastor, my mother is the church secretary.

Now, Discern that Reader.

First and foremost,.......does being 'raised in the Church" prove you belong to Jesus as Born again.

So , the warning flag, just went off in the Spirit of the Discerning Christian.

Why? Because a Real Believer, will BIO themselves as related to Salvation and Jesus and born again.
A religious Fakir will identify themselves as their denomination, or as a "calvinist", or as a "raised in church" or "i am sprinkled and confirmed as an INFANT"... as if that is how you are saved.

See it?

You have to LISTEN with Spiritual ears, or the Devil's ministers will ruin your faith.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for sharing Behold, and taking time to write back sir, you made some good points.

Would anyone else like to share their own take on this subject?

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A lot of people quote the Scripture that says Judge not lest ye be judged. Less people quote John 7:24

24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

There is such a thing as righteous judgment. People usually fall into two camps. One camp loves to say, "Don't judge me." When they are clearly wrong about something and won't receive any correction.

The other camp are plank inspectors. They criticize others without seeing fault in themselves.

Neither is good. We are to judge with righteous judgement. Sometimes that means correcting someone with a spirit of restoration.

Sometimes you can even learn from a harsh, and critical person, if you get over the defensiveness and simply examine whether there's truth to what they are saying.

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
not this Christian parody site
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Yes.
Then there's the passages like, when we judge we are to use righteous judgement.
While we are not to be judged. 1 Corinthians 2
The NT explains that the Christian is in a unique situation, as we are to judge "Them" according to their Fruit.

This does not mean to esteem ourselves as exalted above them, it means to spiritually discern them, MatthewG.

Like this...>"he that is SPIRITUAL......JUDGES......ALL.....>>THINGS">.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A lot of people quote the Scripture that says Judge not lest ye be judged. Less people quote John 7:24

24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

There is such a thing as righteous judgment. People usually fall into two camps. One camp loves to say, "Don't judge me." When they are clearly wrong about something and won't receive any correction.

The other camp are plank inspectors. They criticize others without seeing fault in themselves.

Neither is good. We are to judge with righteous judgement. Sometimes that means correcting someone with a spirit of restoration.

Sometimes you can even learn from a harsh, and critical person, if you get over the defensiveness and simply examine whether there's truth to what they are saying.

The main thing I am trying to figure out, is what gives people the "Authority" to judge others, regarding salvation? There are also people who say "You must do everything the Bible says" other wise your not a Christian?

What are your thoughts on these situations?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes.
Then there's the passages like, when we judge we are to use righteous judgement.
While we are not to be judged. 1 Corinthians 2

What is the proper way to understanding of what righteous judgement is? I thought God or Jesus was the righteous judge? What are some of your thoughts on these questions?

Reactions: BeyondET

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

test? How do you test someone?

is this while you are judging them, through premeditated questions?

What do you mean? The judgement in the end has to be righteous? What does that mean for the believer?

Is it the Holy Spirit in the believer being tested? What if it is simply two believers having a disagreement of a view of scripture? Is love suppose to win out? Doesn't mercy triumph over judgement?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I already know I am not better than no one else. No reason to judge anyone from my perspective however from the religious perspective there is some type of authority people own that they can say this and that and if a person doesn't follow they are not even a Christian. That is how extreme it can get anyway.

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
test? How do you test someone?

is this while you are judging them, through premeditated questions?

What do you mean? The judgement in the end has to be righteous? What does that mean for the believer?

Is it the Holy Spirit in the believer being tested? What if it is simply two believers having a disagreement of a view of scripture? Is love suppose to win out? Doesn't mercy triumph over judgement?
Disagreement over scripture is great, someone who doesn't want to disagree over scripture doesn't have the patience of Love... so test the spirits for the Spirit's that have the patience to Love...

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The main thing I am trying to figure out, is what gives people the "Authority" to judge others, regarding salvation?

When people are teaching others in spiritual matter, its appropriate to judge them. Jesus said "By their fruits you will know them."

There are also people who say "You must do everything the Bible says" other wise your not a Christian?

Getting to the heart of things, what is the alternative thing people should say?

Are people not supposed to test if you are of God using the Bible?

If you are trying to teach biblical spiritual things, people are supposed to test you. We test the spirits to see whether they be from God. If they're not from God, they are from the evil one.

Two people on here have said I wasn't a Christian. I don't let it bother me because I let my fruit speak for itself and know on a personal level that I always want more and more to line up with God's Word.

Yeah, I wish those people were more loving and didn't claim I wasn't a Christian. But like Paul said, we should be examining ourselves to see if were in the faith anyway. The proof is in the pudding. God defends me.

Those who teach should welcome testing and people measuring what they say with the Scriptures.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I actually wonder if there is a difference between ‘ testing ‘ the fruits of one another and ‘ Judging ‘ one another. We are told to weigh things up, to test the spirits , this helps us and directs us with regards to who to follow, what teaching we should be guided by. This affects the choices and decisions we make and a help us to grow as we look to God and scripture to discern. This is very much about ourselves. So I believe healthy debate and discussions can benefit ……
Discernment is a form of judgement
Judging where someone stands before God, personally I don’t think we have the authority to do, when we do this we place ourselves in a position of knowing as much as God does about a person………
This is just my opinion x
Rita

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I actually wonder if there is a difference between ‘ testing ‘ the fruits of one another and ‘ Judging ‘ one another. We are told to weigh things up, to test the spirits , this helps us and directs us with regards to who to follow, what teaching we should be guided by. This affects the choices and decisions we make and a help us to grow as we look to God and scripture to discern. This is very much about ourselves. So I believe healthy debate and discussions can benefit ……
Discernment is a form of judgement
Judging where someone stands before God, personally I don’t think we have the authority to do, when we do this we place ourselves in a position of knowing as much as God does about a person………
This is just my opinion x
Rita

Informative. Situational circumstances tend to reveal the nature of a human being, by their behavior, responses, and things of that nature. You can see this done in integration processes for people who have done some type of Crime. Like having murdered a family member, and having no emotions, or lack of concern for them.

Sure healthy debating (discussing I rather call it), it is good if people are desiring to want to know whatever the information is that one may have to give. Fighting and bickering goes down the wrong way.

Discernment is a good word - to discern by the spirit - situational things is good, and to share our hope with meekness and fear with others is also constituted in the Bible somewhere.

My conclusion is that I have absolutely no right to judge other people, now when it comes to sharing, it would come down to whether you are sharing out of the concern and benefit of the other, and not the downtrodden of them as a person.