JUDGMENT IN THE HOUSE OF GOD

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
How could God allow such an evil thing to happen?

God not only allowed it, HE COMMANDED IT.

These are hard words, but a harder thing still is to see blood on the floor of the house of God. The question of why is a hard question. It cannot be answered satisfactorily with soft words. It's cause was not social hatred or personal derangement - it is denial of the personality of God alone.

"For the time is come for judgment to begin at the house of God: and if it begin first at us, what shall be the end of them that obey not the gospel of God? And if the righteous is scarcely saved, where shall the ungodly and sinner appear?"
1Pe 4:17-18

"Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God."
James 4:4

For generations past, the theme of divine judgment was accepted as a legitimate subject for consideration and as a basis of personal wisdom.

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding."
- Prov 9:10

For decades the current generations of American Christians have refused to accept the clear and considered teaching that God does, indeed, judge people - ESPECIALLY His own. As a result, the fear of God has become diluted with wisdom found lacking as a result. God does not condemn an abstract term of sin into hell - He condemns sinners. He condemns people!

There are two judgments; one eternal and one temporal. Those who do not know God and who hate Him will suffer an eternal judgment. Those who DO know Him and respect Him at least to some extent are subject to earthly judgment - death being a card also on the table.

Baptists for example, are some of the greatest offenders. Believing that one cannot lose one's salvation it has been preached in some churches that one can "go out and sin that grace may abound". I have personally heard this statement in a Baptist church by a man who held a doctorate in theology. Grace will abound no doubt, but that grace will result in punishment not reward. Presbyterians and Roman Catholics are even worse. Believing that they have a special exception by means of membership or predestined license they live life as they choose regardless of Biblical warnings otherwise. Other Protestant denominations such as Episcopalians and Methodists are so Biblically illiterate that their congregations do not know the most rudimentary qualities of the nature of God (I know. I've sat in their congregations for decades.) The Evangelical types are the worst offenders of all. They have denied their programs of personal evangelism for the digital type and have succeeded in neither. Professing wisdom they have become fools.

GOD NEVER GRANTS A LICENSE TO SIN.

Many are fond of saying that Christians are above the law because of the death of Christ upon the cross. But His death was not a blank check to live however we choose. It was a call to bear our own crosses of denial and living sacrifice so as to glorify Him.

A good friend of mine once denied that God would EVER punish a Christian. I pointed out that the sinking of the Titanic was a direct example of divine wrath and His jealousy for His glorious name. Prior to the maiden voyage of the proudest ship in the British maritime fleet, it was widely advertised that "even God could not sink Titanic." She never completed her first transit of the Atlantic. This is one of the greatest historic examples in modern times of human arrogance flying in the face of Divine justice. God DID execute judgment. Men and women and children that men would consider to be innocent died as a result. Christians were among them.

Christians ought to know better. They apparently don't. Do we all have to be taught a terrible lesson at the hand of God?

It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
- Hebrews 10:31

Wise up Christian.

DO NOT TEMPT THE LORD THY GOD.
- Jesus (as quoted by Mathew 4:7)

The world needs to be warned. God's wrath is building against us all and the wise man or woman will be mindful of this fact. God is love, but God is also wrathful. VERY wrathful.

IF GOD DOES NOT JUDGE AMERICA HE WILL HAVE TO APOLOGIZE TO SODOM AND GOMORRAH.
- Shanghai curse August 1967

Do you think America is so exceptional it will escape the wrath of God? It will not. God will not bless our nation for a very long time to come. Do you see blessings when you watch TV or read your newspaper - or do you see one damn thing after another afflicting us? It is not the fault of partisan politics. It is the fault of a nation that has denied God and openly hates Him.

Do not think that because you are a member in good standing of a church you will escape it either. Even the so called innocent may die as a result. Seek Him and His mercy while you can. The time is short and no one knows if the next Bible study you attend will be your last.

Do not be arrogant in your ways. Seek the mercy of God and His kingdom - always. The days of judgment are upon us. Be wise, not foolish.

Someone will certainly say I am wrong in this or that my words are too harsh. To you I say only this - watch and learn pilgrim.

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft....