• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would you say of yourself that you are judgmental ?

Can this be corrected in us ?

Yes, however, it MUST always be by the Word, and by our yielding OUR will to GOD'S will thru the Spirit !

Do NOT be bent by another man's will, especially those that walk contrary to God and his word.

Certainly test the spirits by validating the Word of God in another's words.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If ppl are contrary and refute what thus saith the Word, after hearing them in love & trying to correct their falsehoods, I will walk away and count that person as an anti- christ.

Reactions: marks and Nancy

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Doctrine come through God's word, not through man's interpretations nor traditions.

His love was gifted to us through the blood of Jesus Christ. We owe nothing less to him than to walk in his grace, love and doctrine, giving him all glory and honour.

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes, however, it MUST always be by the Word, and by our yielding OUR will to GOD'S will thru the Spirit !

Do NOT be bent by another man's will, especially those that walk contrary to God and his word.

I have that tendency in me.

Yes, it is correctable.

The Word of God re-writes our minds, as we yield ourselves to it.

I think that judgmentalism is a fruit of pride, and as we grow in humility - realizing that what we judge others over, we do ourselves, realizing that our hidden faults make us hypocrits, realizing how much we've been forgiven, are forgiven, I think these lead us away from judging others.

Much love!

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that judgmentalism is a fruit of pride,
So then is God prideful? No, but He is perfect and we aren't. So righteous judgment is good and we aren't always right. So we need to be certain. The Word is used to correct and rebuke others. We can be certain about the Word but not so much with everyday common decisions. And we should not judge UNLESS we are willing to be judged in the same way, otherwise we are hypocrites.
Apart from the scriptures, in life, we choose good from evil. We judge which path is right and then go with it. Each choice is a judgment, we weigh the pros and cons and make a judgment call. People that come into our lives overall are judged worthy or not. We don't like them, don't get along with them, have little in common, so we make a judgment to accept or reject them. We make many choices that have consequences, good and bad.
Judgment sounds strict though, maybe concerning people the word "conviction" sounds less condemning. God judges and it is final. In a courtroom, a judgment includes a penalty and that is final. Is the judge prideful? No. If the truth is on your side, judgment is righteous.
I used to look at my judgments about people (not life decisions in general) as not being so final because the person on the other end did not receive a penalty. I looked at them as convictions. Convictions are uncertain and therefore less condemning. We can be wrongly convicted, and still hold unto our innocence.
So how does iron sharpen iron? By the truth. And the truth sometimes ends with a judgment. When truth convicts someone, then the judgment is righteous. When a falsehood convicts someone, it is unrighteous. So as long we know the truth, judgment is necessary. We learn from our mistakes. Our parents judge us usually with the truth and so it's righteous and we learn from it. So from kids to adulthoid we learn how to convict and simetimes judge others.

Last edited:
Reactions: shortangel

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then is God prideful? No, but He is perfect and we aren't. So righteous judgment is good and we aren't always right. So we need tp be certain. The Word is used to correct and rebuke others. We can be certain about the Word but not so much with everyday common decisions. And we should not judge UNLESS we are willing to be judged in the same way, otherwise we are hypocrites.
Apart from the scriptures, in life, we choose good from evil. We judge which path is right and then go with it. Each choice is a judgment, we weigh the pro and cons and make a judgment call. People that come into our lives overall are judged worthy or not. We don't like them, don't get along with them, have little in common, so we make a judgment to accept or reject them. We make many choices that have consequences, good and bad.
Judgment sounds strict though, maybe concerning people the word "conviction" sounds less condemning. God judges and it is final. In courtroom, a judgment includes a penalty and that is final. Is the judge prideful? No. If the truth is on your side, judgment is righteous.
I used to look at my judgments about people (not life decisions in general) as not being so final because the person on the other end did not receive a penalty. I looked at them as convictions. Convictions are uncertain and therefore less condemning. We can be wrongly convicted, and still hold unto our innocence.
So how does iron sharpen iron? By the truth. And the truth is sometimes ends with a judgment. When truth convicts someone, then the judgment is righteous. When a falsehood convicts someone, it is unrighteous. So as long we know the truth, judgment is necessary. We learn from our mistakes. Our parents judge us usually with the truth and so it's righteous and we learn from it.
I would tend to agree that righteous judgment is good. Simply telling people to not judge is a tactic sometimes used by sinners in an attempt to get people off their backs. And that is probably caused from unrighteous judgment of people. So they probably have a point at times.

But there is righteous judgment. And that topic should be addressed in any thread that addresses judgmental. We should judge that which is evil and that which is good. That we may avoid the evil and encourage others to avoid it, like sin as proclaimed by God.

And there are many fanatics that claim everything is evil and of the devil in society. They are probably just misled in lies. I think the devil likes to carry away people in hate of society so that they don't get involved in the Love of God.

Last edited:

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, that's not what I meant. I was talking about a fleshy sort of judgmentalism, where someone has the idea that it's OK for them (myself) to be the judge.

Much love!
I just see lots of unsubstantiated convictions which are not based on truth. But they don't really hold a heavy penalty, maybe just a person's feelings hurt or like in the news, a character assassination pretty much ruins a person's life who is innocent until the truth vindicates them.
So yes, that is unrighteous, fleshly, pride and arrogance at work.

Last edited:

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
judgmental?..Can this be corrected in us ?..

If somebody is clearly wrong, it's our duty to be good samaritans and point out their mistakes to them backed up by clear scripture..:)
"Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels.
And the Lord's servant must not quarrel, instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful.
Those who oppose him he must gently instruct, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth,and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will" (2 Timothy 2:23-26)

However, if they won't listen we shouldn't waste any more time on them..:)-
"Speak not in the ears of a fool: for he will despise the wisdom of thy words" (Proverbs 23:9)

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is why I ONlLY have the two.

Fruit inspection ppl think this involves the "fruit of the Spirit" but this FRUIT is the Spirit's. We allow him in yielding, to display the fruit thru us.
The FRUIT of a tree is an example of that tree such as, apple,pear, ECT,so we should be producing other believers for we are a branch in the vine.

Doctrine is in God's word. I can handle the unlearned & babies. It is the stout 50 years in the making of indoctrination that repels me.

I care not if women have hair or not, type of clothing ppl wear if it's not ungodly, where they go for fun,yada yada. However if you're claiming God says something it better be backed by the word.

Last edited:

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have found if someone is wrong in their doctrine or walk, that person can only be pressed upon by the Spirit to change.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It is true we shouldn't be judgmental. However, I think sometimes Christians are accused of being judgmental simply for testifying to what the Lord has taught them.

shortangel

Aug 23, 2020
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i don't consider myself to be judgemental but sometimes i am but i don't mean to do it, i might say something that sounds judgemental but then i think well maybe i shouldn't have thought or said that, i do agree with speaking the truth in love & being honest as long as it's not being judgemental

Reactions: L.A.M.B.