Judy's Easter Sunday story

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My sister Judy is a Christian. A spirit filled one. She's a good woman, a strong Christian. This is a bit of her story.

Being an only daughter my parents were very protective of her but in a very very wrong way. There was no Jesus in our home so everything was off base. They were always suspicious of her, accusing her of things that were not so. The neighbor boy Louis was very taken with my sister and were seeing each other while in high school. When Martha and I first married Judy clung to her as a long lost friend. Martha is one of the best counsellors I've ever known. But the the pressure from my mother was intense. My poor mother had suffered from Lupus since she was 25 and had suffered the ravages of the disease and the high doses of the toxic drug prednisone. We were afflicted on every side it seemed.

The pressure from my parents was so great with their complete lack of wisdom and love in their dealings, that Judy and Louis ran away together. We had no idea where they went.

After many months went by, maybe a year, my father suffered a stroke. It left him speechless and paralyzed on the right side of his body. We were finally able to teach them down in a city far from our home. After being told of our father's condition they returned home. My parents had really brought much affliction upon themselves.

After returning home they married and we were there. I'd been saved and baptized in the Holy Spirit as had my dear wife. We invited Judy to church with us one Sunday night and she agreed to come. She'd suffered much guilt from our father's condition and remained in a state of condemnation. After preaching and the altar call Judy went down and received Jesus as her Lord and savior. She was saved and baptized in the Holy Spirit the same night! We were all rejoicing.

A short time later she called us one night and said that she'd had a visitation from the Lord. He had spoken to her of many things but the main one was about our father. Because she had hurt him so much by running away, even though he was at fault too, He told her that she must go every Sunday for a year and pray for your father. He had become a full time resident of the VA hospital and was a bedfast invalid. My sick mother tried to care for him at home for awhile but she was frail and it was impossible. The VA was the only way out.

She had asked the Lord "but what if I'm sick and can't go"? He told her "you won't be sick". Hallelujah!

When the spirit of God was telling her this story she was pecking herself in the chest with her finger and repeating over and over "the daughter must go, the daughter must go". Just as if Jesus was pointing. As she told us this story she said her chest was still sore from God's finger (hers) pecking on her chest as He emphasized that she was to go every Sunday.

Judy began her weekly sunday visits to the North Little Rock VA to visit and pray with our invalid father. From time to time we'd meet her there and see him together. Though I loved him I hated to go to that place. Our father and I were any many more were captives and unable to go home to their families. I would tell my wife every trip "I'm not going to cry this time". I always lied. In seeing my father and the other broken veterans there my heart cracked right down the middle. The lockers of the patients were papered with crayon drawings of children and grand children. That always just broke me up.

There was one resident, Jake, that was bedfast and speechless. My wife, who's never met a stranger in her life, went to him and then we began to see him every trip. We'd pray with him and tears would stream from his eyes. Though Jake was speechless his heart spoke volumes. One visit we came and Jake's bed was empty. Jake had gone to be with the Lord. Jake is in a place where he's no longer bedfast or unable to speak. With the Lord.

Judy continued her weekly visits being faithful to God's request. She called us and said that on her last trip she was getting ready to go see him but couldn't find her car keys. She became frantic and was so afraid not being able to do what the Lord had told her. She was impressed to look at her calendar and was amazed to see that she had fulfilled a year of Sundays just as God had told her. She had remained faithful and the Lord freed her from her weekly task. She continued to visit him but not every Sunday. She had been driving a long way round trip every Sunday for a year or more and was set free. She never did find those car keys.

My mother became a spirit filled Christian during this time and when she died there was not a trace of Lupus I was her body. A miracle of healing for certain. She became the sweet and gentle mother I'd known before being stricken with a killer disease. Thank you Jesus for your blessings. Both my brothers were saved.

Judy had a daughter Cindy that had Down syndrome. Cindy died of heart failure when 25. Cindy loved Jesus and was a dear girl that loved her uncle Frankie and aunt Martha. Judy has a rare form of arthritis that required steel pins to be placed in her toes and fingers. I can't describe the pain she has endured. She loves Jesus and remains faithful to His call.

This another of the wonderful things Jesus has done for us since He first came and fetched me here on our wilderness place.

I thank God for what He's done in my family. I praise and worship Him this Easter Sunday and every day. He is the Lord and there's none like Him. Amen

20160804_162414-747x1328.jpg

Judy with her grand daughter Jaycee.

Last edited: