*Just a chatting place *

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I felt a bit guilty today because I was on a thread and @pia and I were chattering!
Something I find very easy to do...you may have notice ;)
But I do know some people don't like it and find it distracting, and I totally understand.
Apologies to @Angelina for hijacking her weather thread this morning.:oops:
I just like to know members "as people" and not just as avatars . And, on the flip side, many I know like to stay private and hidden, ( probably why they choose avatars to hide behind..cheers to @ScottA who is one of the brave ones. :D)

Anyway , because some of us are born chatter boxes , I wanted to start this thread for those who do like Fellowship ( @Miss Hepburn there's 'that word' again :) ) ...as well as enjoying good arguments and debates...and those who are maybe interested in each other... Here we have a little quiet place to share what we like...and it won't annoy anyone too much.. @Butterfly On this thread " anything goes". ;)
Many blessings...H

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I felt a bit guilty today because I was on a thread and @pia and I were chattering!
Something I find very easy to do...you may have notice ;)
But I do know some people don't like it and find it distracting, and I totally understand.
Apologies to @Angelina for hijacking her weather thread this morning.:oops:
I just like to know members "as people" and not just as avatars . And, on the flip side, many I know like to stay private and hidden, ( probably why they choose avatars to hide behind..cheers to @ScottA who is one of the brave ones. :D)

Anyway , because some of us are born chatter boxes , I wanted to start this thread for those who do like Fellowship ( @Miss Hepburn there's 'that word' again :) ) ...as well as enjoying good arguments and debates...and those who are maybe interested in each other... Here we have a little quiet place to share what we like...and it won't annoy anyone too much.. @Butterfly On this thread " anything goes". ;)
Many blessings...H
Hahaha!

Personally, I am not distracted by side trips of discussion, for I believe that is an additional benefit. And personal stuff that is not just throwing daggers, I should think, gives credibility to us as Christians, not just being the hard and judgmental group we are often accused of. I guess, that makes intentions important.

Anyway - thanks - I feel safe here! :D

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My feelings are mixed but leaning on not minding side conversations. I like to stay on point and prefer it. But sometimes some interesting stuff happens by getting off the path.

If this were a purely academic, scholarly and peer reviewed board I would see to objections. But it isn't. Its a community discussion board. When I talk to acquaintances or friends the conversation switches naturally from the weather to politics or any number of places.

A discussion board allows for folks to talk all at once in a natural way, yet immediately go back to any moment of time in the discussion. So while I enjoy staying on point, its not like you can't immediately get back on point or switch points quickly.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
2bb965dfb70fef1f144ca6e8e3b42702.jpg

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hesitate to post here because I am often not much good on casual discussion because I don't pay attention to many of the common day to day activities of people and pay no attention at all to others. For example if you ask me about sports, I have never like football, neither the European type [soccer] or American. When I was young for baseball I followed the Brooklyn Dodgers, but when they moved away to Los Angeles, baseball went to where football was already. I do remember Pee Wee Reese, Duke Snyder, Roy Campanella, Gil Hodges, Carl Erskine and Don Newcombe; but those names probably mean little to most people today...

I do know how to give God the glory, but for many that counts but little if anything...

Last edited:

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I was young for baseball I followed the Brooklyn Dodgers, but when they moved away to Los Angeles, baseball went to where football already. I do remember Pee Wee Reese, Duke Snyder, Roy Campanella, Gil Hodges, Carl Erskine and Don Newcombe; but those names probably mean little to most people today...
For what its worth, those names mean much to me. At age 10 I was quite the baseball historian. That ws 1979. I still appreciated baseball lore of the past. I never saw willie mays or ernie banks play... But they are my favorites.

I left following baseball in the 80's. Though I amstill glowing that my beloved Cubs finally made it!

"Boy the way glen miller played! Songs like that mafe the hit parade!"....

Thanks for the baseball memories... It was a golden age!

Reactions: truthquest

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John , John, sarcasm does not become you...especially you! :D x
Sarcasm? It was not intentional but you are right that it does contain some of that.

My point was simply that unfortunately too many people who are believers in some measure seem to be more concerned with making their point or in winning an argument than in glorifying God. I have been guilty and God has smitten my heart for it. I strive in living and in prayer to God so that He improve my living in order to no longer ever do that. He has moved me upward but the end is not yet, is it?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For what its worth, those names mean much to me. At age 10 I was quite the baseball historian. That ws 1979. I still appreciated baseball lore of the past. I never saw willie mays or ernie banks play... But they are my favorites.

I left following baseball in the 80's. Though I amstill glowing that my beloved Cubs finally made it!

"Boy the way glen miller played! Songs like that mafe the hit parade!"....

Thanks for the baseball memories... It was a golden age!
I missed out on Jackie Robinson, but I do remember Mickey Mantle, Willie Mays, Ernie Banks, Stan Musial, Ted Williams and many more. It broke my heart when baseball somehow fell from being the top sport in this country. Now for my part I understand why it is not. But... that is another testimony.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@amadeus It is good to see you post here...thank you.
But you know me well, it is not my intent to move anyones focus away from the deeper and good things of God.
This is just a "safe-place" a meetings of the hearts....to maybe come to and say Hello..(Or when some of the arguing posts gets us a bit down or sad. ..That does sometime happen with me. :oops: )

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I missed out on Jackie Robinson, but I do remember Mickey Mantle, Willie Mays, Ernie Banks, Stan Musial, Ted Williams and many more. It broke my heart when baseball somehow fell from being the top sport in this country. Now for my part I understand why it is not. But... that is another testimony.
Well I got Reggie Jackson, Pete Rose, Mike Schmidt, Johny Bench, Nolan Ryan and Tom Seaver. Greg Nettles and Bill Buckner.

Sigh... Its the same reason why I stopped following basketball. It became about the person, not the team.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I got Reggie Jackson, Pete Rose, Mike Schmidt, Johny Bench, Nolan Ryan and Tom Seaver. Greg Nettles and Bill Buckner.

Sigh... Its the same reason why I stopped following basketball. It became about the person, not the team.
Also while it was always in a sense big business it over time really has apparently changed even the definition of the word sport. I do watch the news and in waiting for the weather reports I hear a lot about "sports", but does any one ever speak of " good sportsmanship" or being a "good sport" any more?

B

Butterfly

Hi Helen,
I do not mind distractions in posts, but I do know that others get frustrated if a serious subject is being discussed. I do more reading here than posting, but I like a good natter ( chat )
Sadly my time is very limited today and I have to get ready for work- so I will try and catch up later xxxxx
Rita

B

Butterfly

Just got home, had to go to my dads on route -quite tired and it will not be long before I settle down. I tend to go to bed early and get up at 5am, have a cuppa and chill out time before I get ready at 6am.
It was a good shift today.
So what is everyone else doing today, I realise I am ahead of many of you by 6hours approx.
Is it getting any warmer over there?
I saw news of mud slides in certain parts of California, on the news feed it appeared to make more ' news ' because some celebrities were caught up in it all !
Butterfly x

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So what is everyone else doing today, I realise I am ahead of many of you by 6hours approx.
Is it getting any warmer over there?
I saw news of mud slides in certain parts of California, on the news feed it appeared to make more ' news ' because some celebrities were caught up in it all !
Butterfly x

Hey Rita. I don't know how you keep going so well on that work shift being so demanding. But glad to hear that it was a good shift. ( probs because you are still young and only coming up to 60 this year. :) What month?

We again had a very cold snap, down to minus 25. Up to only Minus 15 now, but back up to single digits at the weekend.
Yes CAL has nasty mud slides. They say because of all the massive fires last summer...all trees and shrubs now dead...now no root system to hold the earth when rains and turns into mud.
Ha! Celebrities always try to "make news".an always seem to have something to say about everything..you have probably seen how they are now all now 'hyped up' and wanting Oprah to run for the Presidency for 2020.
Unlike Canada and England, USA seem to start talking about the next election the moment one election is over :rolleyes:

Between you and me is a 7 hour time difference. You are 7hrs ahead of me.
The east coast of Canada and USA would be 5 hours difference.
You are in bed snoring now... at 20 mins to One.
Sweet dreams...H

B

Butterfly

Good morning Helen xx
Yes, I was asleep......
I will be 60 in April. I will be changing to three ten hour shifts and one five hour shift from February, this should free up more time off. Not sure I can do ten hours of housework at the care home, but I am willing to try.
I have no idea how I would cope with those temperatures, it's hard enough trying to heat the house with our ' mild ' cold spells, and waiting for buses with a wind chill of -9 is bad enough ( I guess it is something you adapt to as I remember the winters being much colder here when I was growing up )
The mud slides look pretty bad, I did not realise how big an area they had impacted until I saw the Arial views.
Yes, I heard about Oprah - seems to have been prompted by the speech at the ceremony the other day, which I have not listened too. So which side of the fence is she on politically ?
Butterfly x

Reactions: Helen