Just a note on Trump.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Trump has mannerisms and foibles that are legitimately unattractive to many, and that is certainly adequate reason to disapprove of him, if there is a better alternative.

But there's no alternative. So it's my opinion to support the guy for now because I believe he wants the best for the US.

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Agree, I believe he does too. Clumsy, but I do believe the intent is for the good.

Reactions: Triumph1300

speedyj1992

Sep 19, 2017
Silicon Valley
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree his intent is for good and that we should support him, but support, to me, doesn't mean defending every bad thing he says. Support is supporting a person, not necessarily wrong actions, which I think a lot of people have trouble with, even myself sometimes. Biblically, we are called to support leaders, whatever their faith may be, as God has put them in place (see many references, including Daniel 2:21). But I don't think that we should set boundaries in what our support looks like and still have empathy for people who struggle with that. It's a tough balance, but God's never called us into anything that's easy.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think his mannerisms are just fine, but of course I'm ex-military, so I'm used to it. You have to learn to laugh a bit inside when the sarg. chews you out over nothing.

Reactions: ScottA

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I learned one thing for sure in the army.
Don't ever stick up your hand when they ask for volunteers.

Sample:

Who plays piano?

The guy who stuck up his hand was told to clean the toilets.

Reactions: Helen

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Probably for the first time since the Andrew Jackson administration we have a president who isn't a polititan.

That's not entirely true. Jackson dealt with policies and politics when he invited a pirate to defend New Orleans. Trump also dealt with politics as he has business all over the world.

But is this about his blunt language and speaking his mind? Most Americans cherish that right . I am interested in what he has done and will do.

He was a playboy folks... Still may be. I hope not and doubt he is.

Andrew "Dice" Clay was on his Celebrity Apprentice show. He told a dirty joke trying to imitate sylvester Stallone. It was a stupid attempt at humor and Trump looked at him with a look that said, "are you really that big an idiot?"

Youtube it... My point is that Trump can be serious. He has a vision for this country. If you don't like it, then speak up. But don't look at the distractions.

Reactions: Triumph1300