Just a story.....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Joe was the janitor at the local junior high school. It wasn’t the greatest job, but it paid the bills.

One day the principal came around with a form for Joe to fill out. It was a background check, part of some new administration policy. Well, you know what happened. Joe was honest about his past, and promptly lost his job.

He still had to make a living, so he started doing some light hauling with his beat up pickup truck. At first it wasn’t much, maybe taking some trash to the dump here, or moving an appliance there. But his little endeavor slowly grew. Before long, he was busy all week long. He eventually saved enough to buy a newer, bigger truck, and he could haul even more… increasing his income.

Then he made the leap of faith to purchase a second truck, and hire his brother-in-law to drive it. Things went well, he kept getting more and more work. Soon there was even the offer of a real contract with the local lumber mill to haul their wood.

As time went by, he bought more trucks, and hired more drivers. The business kept growing. He went Statewide. Then Regional, and in a few years he had some trucks running the length of the nation. Still the small company kept growing.

Well, as is the case with most larger businesses, there comes a point where you need more money to expand than you have on hand. Joe went to see a friend at the local bank. He secured a loan on the basis of that friendship.

The business grew and grew, and that banker friend made good money right along with Joe as the need for additional capital arose from time to time. In fact the friend became manager of the bank.

One day, Joe went in to see about another loan. His fleet of moving vans was in need of updating. This time he happened to be directed to one of the new loan officers the bank had employed. This young lad had him fill out some forms. All by the book, ya know.

Upon looking over the forms, he noticed Joe’s past standing out like a sore thumb. He immediately took the papers to his manager, Joe’s old friend. “No problem, Henry, you go right ahead and give him whatever he asks for” said the manager. “Joe owns one of the largest moving companies in the Midwest.”

Bewildered, the young man returned to where Joe was sitting, waiting. He stamped all the documents “Approved”, then he turned to face Joe. “May I ask you a question?” he whispered.

“Sure”, Joe replied.

“Well, I couldn’t help but see you’ve done time in prison, yet you are the sole owner of a huge trucking firm”

“Yes?” Said Joe

The young man said, “You’ve done so well for yourself, and have made so much money. And, I happen to know that you’re very well respected in this community.”

“You said you had a question?”, replied Joe

The young man said…….. “I was just wondering where you might have been today if you had not had to deal with this obvious handicap all your life.”

“Well” said Joe, “I’ll tell ya.” “I imagine I would still be the janitor over at the junior high.”

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Joe was the janitor at the local junior high school. It wasn’t the greatest job, but it paid the bills.

One day the principal came around with a form for Joe to fill out. It was a background check, part of some new administration policy. Well, you know what happened. Joe was honest about his past, and promptly lost his job.

He still had to make a living, so he started doing some light hauling with his beat up pickup truck. At first it wasn’t much, maybe taking some trash to the dump here, or moving an appliance there. But his little endeavor slowly grew. Before long, he was busy all week long. He eventually saved enough to buy a newer, bigger truck, and he could haul even more… increasing his income.

Then he made the leap of faith to purchase a second truck, and hire his brother-in-law to drive it. Things went well, he kept getting more and more work. Soon there was even the offer of a real contract with the local lumber mill to haul their wood.

As time went by, he bought more trucks, and hired more drivers. The business kept growing. He went Statewide. Then Regional, and in a few years he had some trucks running the length of the nation. Still the small company kept growing.

Well, as is the case with most larger businesses, there comes a point where you need more money to expand than you have on hand. Joe went to see a friend at the local bank. He secured a loan on the basis of that friendship.

The business grew and grew, and that banker friend made good money right along with Joe as the need for additional capital arose from time to time. In fact the friend became manager of the bank.

One day, Joe went in to see about another loan. His fleet of moving vans was in need of updating. This time he happened to be directed to one of the new loan officers the bank had employed. This young lad had him fill out some forms. All by the book, ya know.

Upon looking over the forms, he noticed Joe’s past standing out like a sore thumb. He immediately took the papers to his manager, Joe’s old friend. “No problem, Henry, you go right ahead and give him whatever he asks for” said the manager. “Joe owns one of the largest moving companies in the Midwest.”

Bewildered, the young man returned to where Joe was sitting, waiting. He stamped all the documents “Approved”, then he turned to face Joe. “May I ask you a question?” he whispered.

“Sure”, Joe replied.

“Well, I couldn’t help but see you’ve done time in prison, yet you are the sole owner of a huge trucking firm”

“Yes?” Said Joe

The young man said, “You’ve done so well for yourself, and have made so much money. And, I happen to know that you’re very well respected in this community.”

“You said you had a question?”, replied Joe

The young man said…….. “I was just wondering where you might have been today if you had not had to deal with this obvious handicap all your life.”

“Well” said Joe, “I’ll tell ya.” “I imagine I would still be the janitor over at the junior high.”

That's good news. Unless I have done time in prison then I cannot really advance in life.

Unless I have done time in prison I am not well respected.

What a dumb story.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, the story was that what the prejudices of another group of people meant for evil, God turned into success.

I have warm fuzzies all inside.

So, because one is successful in business then what he has done in the past, which provided a jail cell for him, is to be ignored. What a success.

Stranger

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have warm fuzzies all inside.

So, because one is successful in business then what he has done in the past, which provided a jail cell for him, is to be ignored. What a success.

Stranger
God forbid, but I think you are serious.
After God has forgiven you, you seem to actually think it is your task to make sure no one else is forgiven?

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God forbid, but I think you are serious.
After God has forgiven you, you seem to actually think it is your task to make sure no one else is forgiven?

Indeed, I am serious. Your presentation of this story is not to be an example of grace. It is to ridicule all who have not been criminal, have not been in prison.

It is a common trait among those who try and reach the 'feelings' of the believers. And it tries to put the believers in a 'guilt' position. To which I say is a bunch of bull.

Stranger

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But, I am not the one who wrote it in a book for us. In Matt 6:14-15, I am pretty sure that God said if we will not forgive others, God will not forgive us either.
Then He says it again in "The Lord's Prayer" where He tells us to ask that we be forgiven only as much as we forgive others.

Last edited:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But, I am not the one who wrote it in a book for us. In Matt 6:14-13, I am pretty sure that God said if we will not forgive others, God will not forgive us either.
Then He says it again in "The Lord's Prayer" where He tells us to ask that we be forgiven only as much as we forgive others.

Oh, Ok. So how many years did you serve in prison? I mean, unless you served time in prison, then you really aint nothing. So, how many years did you serve and what for?

Stranger

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Suppose I told you I had done, oh say.... 9 years.... Uh.... let's say, for attempted murder...… What are you going to require that I continue to do that will satisfy you enough for you to graciously allow me to remain here?

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Suppose I told you I had done, oh say.... 9 years.... Uh.... let's say, for attempted murder...… What are you going to require that I continue to do that will satisfy you enough for you to graciously allow me to remain here?

You're the one glorifying the criminal. You tell me. How many years do I need to do to be righteous. I mean, I want to be seen as good and not a hypocrite. So surely I must be a criminal with time served. This is your story..you tell me.

Stranger

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That's good news. Unless I have done time in prison then I cannot really advance in life.

Unless I have done time in prison I am not well respected.

What a dumb story.

Stranger

Stranger why is it that you can never say anything nice or encouraging?
Are you like that at home too? LOL

If you didn't like it..why couldn't you just 'pass' on it.

Reactions: Triumph1300

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger why is it that you can never say anything nice or encouraging?
Are you like that at home too? LOL

If you didn't like it..why couldn't you just 'pass' on it.

I think I do at times.

I dislike the meaning behind this story. Businesses do background checks on people they hire every day. As they should, especially if they are hired in a public school. Apparently, the school this janitor was at, didn't do their job.

So, it is not bias to be suspect of someone who has been put in prison. It is not bias to run a background check on them. It is not bias to not hire them if you find they have been to prison.

Stranger

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We actually left a local church because of their stiff-necked, anti-Christian attitude about that.

In a case very similar to this one, a member had been to prison. He told the elders all about it, and they had no trouble with it. He was running a Bible Class at his home when they hired a guy from up North to sit on their board. He wanted this good man to be disassociated with the church name. (It was OK if he stayed and continued to give them money, but he was not to be recognized as working for the church.) My wife and I continued to go to his home for Bible Study, but after trying, unsuccessfully, to reason with the Elders about the prejudicial situation, we left the church soon afterward.

Reactions: amadeus

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've read enough of this to get the gist! Even though some are ignored Willie's side of the conversation explains all. It's my experience that those who fail to forgive others do not believe that they themselves are forgiven by God. How many unsaved are warming pews and unredeemed? Many I know.

My uncle Douglas was Christian from an early age. Denominational, he was VERY harsh and hard lined with his, children. Oh yes he knew Jesus and had many wonderful testimonies. Working for the FAA he had top security clearances and even visited area 51.

When I called to tel him I'd been saved here at home he said "I know". The Lord had told him.

After I was saved and baptized in the Holy Spirit he began to mellow. As he saw what God was doing in me he didn't seem so harsh. There is hope that hardened hearts will be changed to flesh. It may take God 50 years to change a heart. Getting saved is just step 1. He's doing things in me after 40 years that astound me. I'm not not the same man as 2 years ago. Ask my wife!

Philippians 1:6 KJVS
Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Ezekiel 11:19 KJVS
And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh:

Last edited:

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've read enough of this to get the gist! Even though some are ignored Willie's side of the conversation explains all. It's my experience that those who fail to forgive others do not believe that they themselves are forgiven by God. How many unsaved are warming pews and unredeemed? Many I know.

My uncle Douglas was Christian from an early age. Denominational, he was VERY harsh and hard lined with his, children. Oh yes he knew Jesus and had many wonderful testimonies. Working for the FAA he had top security clearances and even visited area 51.

When I called to tel him I'd been saved here at home he said "I know". The Lord had told him.

After I was saved and baptized in the Holy Spirit he began to mellow. As he saw what God was doing in me he didn't seem so harsh. There is hope that hardened hearts will be changed to flesh. It may take God 50 years to change a heart. Getting saved is just step 1. He's doing things in me after 40 years that astound me. I'm not not the same man as 2 years ago. Ask my wife!

Ezekiel 11:19 KJVS
And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh:

I heard this old story from a Jew, It is about Abraham OK!
Abraham was out in the desert with His flock's and His People, when a Caravan show's up, so Abraham being a Hospitable Man run's out to meet the Owner and leader of this Caravan, and has His people give water to the Camel's, and then Invite's the Owner to Eat with Him that evening. So that evening the Owner show's up and they have a good time, talking and enjoying the meal, Then the Owner confide's to Abraham, that He [the owner] Worship's Fire, at that point Abraham Jump's up and Grab's the Owner by the neck and Cast's Him into the Darkness. The next Day God Asked Abraham Could you Not Deal with that Man for one night, Abraham reply's, he worshiped fire, and God said I know I Have Been Dealing With Him For Seventy Year's,
Just thought it to be fitting to add!