Just a word of advice: schizophrenia is much more manageable, if you aim less at change and more at consistency

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there,

So yes, I have schizophrenia. Schizophrenia is a capitulation of the nervous system, to a state more progressed than is normal. In other words, while most people believe ABC, the schizophrenic believes BCD. This is not a mistake, but a way of utilizing the adaptability of the brain, to adopt a stronger neurological position (mentally). In other words, while you are busy trying to find A things, the schizophrenic is looking to fit B things into the space left by the A things that used to be there. It is a mental trick (that gets you to BCD quicker).

The problem is that as a mental trick, it can get out of hand. The schizophrenic can start to say "are not A things B things?" or "more B things are good, even when I already have B things" There is a lot less guidance, for what should be capitulated to and what not. Indeed when you are the only one saying "D is relevant" and everyone else is saying "we need more A" you look crazy. The point is to endure to the end. If after all is said and done, everybody moves on to B, then your madness has not been for nothing. God is able to comfort you, in that respect.

What you need to learn, when dealing with BCD schizophrenia, is that it is less important that your BCD focus move on from when ABC left off - for it to change the established order - and more important that you manage your BCD focus more consistently. Consistency is key. It will stop you from burning out, it will keep you focused for longer with more strength. You don't need to be erratic, or stressed, under the pump to produce change; you can take it easy, work at a steady pace and give God the glory for reaching out to you when your mental health condition was difficult. The Devil will tell you "you don't need schizophrenia, look it is driving you crazy, let me be the focus" but you don't need to listen to him. You can reply "it is written the Lord will give his angels charge over you; it is written "David pretended to be crazy" and it has been said "you shall not tempt the Lord your God". The power of your schizophrenia may be shaken, but it will not be overcome (for it is founded on the rock of the Word of Christ).

Consistency at the end, is a great strength. Spiritually it will put your schizophrenia in the best state it can be, as will make recovery from over-capitulating or under resourcing easier and lighter. There is a joy knowing your schizophrenia is at least a little predictable and it can bring healing to other parts of your body, that the Spirit of God is able to work through your schizophrenia to bring Him Glory. You will be able to test your stability, as you become familiar with it, knowing in advance what strong and weak schizophrenia looks like - not that one or the other is wrong, but that they work in harmony. And of course, always remember "madness is not sin, if you can't live without it".

I hope this has been of some encouragement. God bless.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Hi there,

So yes, I have schizophrenia. Schizophrenia is a capitulation of the nervous system, to a state more progressed than is normal. In other words, while most people believe ABC, the schizophrenic believes BCD. This is not a mistake, but a way of utilizing the adaptability of the brain, to adopt a stronger neurological position (mentally). In other words, while you are busy trying to find A things, the schizophrenic is looking to fit B things into the space left by the A things that used to be there. It is a mental trick (that gets you to BCD quicker).

The problem is that as a mental trick, it can get out of hand. The schizophrenic can start to say "are not A things B things?" or "more B things are good, even when I already have B things" There is a lot less guidance, for what should be capitulated to and what not. Indeed when you are the only one saying "D is relevant" and everyone else is saying "we need more A" you look crazy. The point is to endure to the end. If after all is said and done, everybody moves on to B, then your madness has not been for nothing. God is able to comfort you, in that respect.

What you need to learn, when dealing with BCD schizophrenia, is that it is less important that your BCD focus move on from when ABC left off - for it to change the established order - and more important that you manage your BCD focus more consistently. Consistency is key. It will stop you from burning out, it will keep you focused for longer with more strength. You don't need to be erratic, or stressed, under the pump to produce change; you can take it easy, work at a steady pace and give God the glory for reaching out to you when your mental health condition was difficult. The Devil will tell you "you don't need schizophrenia, look it is driving you crazy, let me be the focus" but you don't need to listen to him. You can reply "it is written the Lord will give his angels charge over you; it is written "David pretended to be crazy" and it has been said "you shall not tempt the Lord your God". The power of your schizophrenia may be shaken, but it will not be overcome (for it is founded on the rock of the Word of Christ).

Consistency at the end, is a great strength. Spiritually it will put your schizophrenia in the best state it can be, as will make recovery from over-capitulating or under resourcing easier and lighter. There is a joy knowing your schizophrenia is at least a little predictable and it can bring healing to other parts of your body, that the Spirit of God is able to work through your schizophrenia to bring Him Glory. You will be able to test your stability, as you become familiar with it, knowing in advance what strong and weak schizophrenia looks like - not that one or the other is wrong, but that they work in harmony. And of course, always remember "madness is not sin, if you can't live without it".

I am trying to follow but can not relate. What is ABC compared to BCD. Can you give an example?

Reactions: Mr E

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am trying to follow but can not relate. What is ABC compared to BCD. Can you give an example?

It's great that you are striving to understand.

Schizophrenia is a serious mental disorder in which people interpret reality abnormally. Schizophrenia may result in some combination of hallucinations, delusions, and extremely disordered thinking and behavior that impairs daily functioning, and can be disabling.

What makes the disorder concerning is that the sufferer actually replaces "A" with "B" in that they no longer accept the natural order of things, and they move on to conclusions based on a false idea. They 'buy into' an idea of their own making and replace reality with false idea.

We had a fellow pop in here a week or so ago-- a real life danger to others, who suffered from delusions to the degree that he threatened to kill the President, and bought a gun for the purpose. It's not something to trifle with.

@Gottservant I will keep you in my prayers as you submit yourself to the Healer.

Reactions: lforrest

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
It's great that you are striving to understand.

Schizophrenia is a serious mental disorder in which people interpret reality abnormally. Schizophrenia may result in some combination of hallucinations, delusions, and extremely disordered thinking and behavior that impairs daily functioning, and can be disabling.

What makes the disorder concerning is that the sufferer actually replaces "A" with "B" in that they no longer accept the natural order of things, and they move on to conclusions based on a false idea. They 'buy into' an idea of their own making and replace reality with false idea.

We had a fellow pop in here a week or so ago-- a real life danger to others, who suffered from delusions to the degree that he threatened to kill the President, and bought a gun for the purpose. It's not something to trifle with.

@Gottservant I will keep you in my prayers as you submit yourself to the Healer.

If one can't correctly interpret their own senses, what can they rely upon to function? Must they always second guess everything they see or believe? Then what is the consistency spoken of in the OP to avoid stress? Is there something about certain observations that give them more credibility than others? Or is there a choice to believe one thing that gets stuck in your mind and resist changing your mind about it.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi there,

I have schizophrenia also and am on good medication which alleviates the symptoms. I find that more tolerable for my condition which is also bipolar.

Reactions: lforrest and Mr E

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's just a way of falling out of touch with reality, but then reaffirming your connection to it at a later stage.

Everyone might believe A and trust B, but the schizophrenia does not believe A and struggles to trust B while there is still time (that's what I meant by ABC BCD).

The Devil takes advantage of the difference, until we learn to cope with the nature of the temptation (that goes with the change).

Reactions: lforrest

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The idea is that if you have overcome the change that schizophrenia provokes, there will be less change needed, as the end of your life begins to approach.