Just angry

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Legislators have drastically reduced opioid allowances because of criminal use. Both my wife and I have pain meds.
She can barely walk from pain from an accident with an uninsured driver years ago. We are not drug fiends!

She called this morning to get her monthly refill and none was available. She broke down in tears to the clinic today as she is in constant pain. They usually set up three months supply called in once a month but not this time and they didn't tell her last visit! I was with her and Dr said nothing about no refills. He is out of town! Martha has a lot of moxie and to see her devastated makes me angry. We had no chance to have input about this. She literally cannot walk with out something to kill her constant pain. To boot she was born with a dislocated hip and had infant surgery. This hip is also a problem she has fought since childhood.

I've seen her stand at the kitchen sink with tears streaming down her cheeks from the bone on bone pain.

I have bone spurs in both shoulders one is 1.5 inches long and I could not describe the pain it causes. Also need A left CMC replacement now bone on bone. At 74 I'm not ready to give up at least a year of life for a surgery and rehab that MIGHT improve things. Not to mention cost. A fortune with zero insurance. Once again God must help us.

Ever have a toothache? I have a perpetual toothache in my shoulder that is worse if I do any physical work.

This condition was brought on by years of heavy duty labor on our place. We have NEVER abused our pain meds. After years I still HATE having to take anything. But seeing my wife broken by not having something to reduce her constant pain breaks my heart. The only way she can go to the store is by holding onto the basket and taking baby steps. When we get home she is wiped out and crashes into sleep.

My 100%DAV army medic brother is against the same thing. He's had twenty three operations and is never without pain.

Once again the criminal drug users have screwed those honestly in need of help.
Her knees shoved in our dash by 8" in that wreck and they need replacing but at 75 she's not willing to be cut on and neither am I. I list a year of life at 19 when a horse rolled on me and broke my left leg requiring a steel pin from knee to ankle. It's also complaining!

There must be a few of you that are facing the same things. The legislators only look at the criminals and not honest needs.

I'm not looking forward to whatever else our doctor will have to do. I got off sleeping med but looks like I'll have to go back to them as my pain med is cut. I do good to get two hours at a time now. I've paced the floor with pain and have no idea to handle this. I have anger at our Jabba the Hut government due to them using a sledge hammer on finish nails.

Suck it up even further is the new rule I guess. OK for me but I can't help my wife.

At least part of what they have decided to do is wrong.

One more one size fits all legislation

From the medical board here;

LITTLEROCK, Ark. (AP) — An Arkansasboard has approved regulations that add more requirements for doctorsprescribing high doses of opioids.

The Arkansas State Medical Board approved the new rules 12-1 Thursday despite complaints from chronic-pain patients seeing reduced opioid prescriptions.

"My pain medicine has been cut since June last year, by 85 percent," said patient James Spencer.

Some board members said doctorsappear to be misinterpreting the rules as limiting dosages instead of requiring they take extra precautions when the dosages exceed certain amounts.

The new rules would limit opioid prescriptions for acute pain. They would also require doctors to justify a prescription with daily doses of more than 50 morphine milligram equivalents.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oh Frank I am so sorry to hear this...WOW!! Unbelievable...yet in this 'day and age' anything now is believable. :rolleyes:
Is marijuana legal there?
I hear the Vets and cancer patients are getting much help through marijuana here. It has just been legalized.
I am SURE it is being abused, everything get abused from coffee to booze..always has always will be.
Sending love and prayers to you both. x

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Legislators have drastically reduced opioid allowances because of criminal use. Both my wife and I have pain meds.
She can barely walk from pain from an accident with an uninsured driver years ago. We are not drug fiends!

She called this morning to get her monthly refill and none was available. She broke down in tears to the clinic today as she is in constant pain. They usually set up three months supply called in once a month but not this time and they didn't tell her last visit! I was with her and Dr said nothing about no refills. He is out of town! Martha has a lot of moxie and to see her devastated makes me angry. We had no chance to have input about this. She literally cannot walk with out something to kill her constant pain. To boot she was born with a dislocated hip and had infant surgery. This hip is also a problem she has fought since childhood.

I've seen her stand at the kitchen sink with tears streaming down her cheeks from the bone on bone pain.

I have bone spurs in both shoulders one is 1.5 inches long and I could not describe the pain it causes. Also need A left CMC replacement now bone on bone. At 74 I'm not ready to give up at least a year of life for a surgery and rehab that MIGHT improve things. Not to mention cost. A fortune with zero insurance. Once again God must help us.

Ever have a toothache? I have a perpetual toothache in my shoulder that is worse if I do any physical work.

This condition was brought on by years of heavy duty labor on our place. We have NEVER abused our pain meds. After years I still HATE having to take anything. But seeing my wife broken by not having something to reduce her constant pain breaks my heart. The only way she can go to the store is by holding onto the basket and taking baby steps. When we get home she is wiped out and crashes into sleep.

My 100%DAV army medic brother is against the same thing. He's had twenty three operations and is never without pain.

Her knees shoved in our dash by 8" in that wreck and they need replacing but at 75 she's not willing to be cut on and neither am I. I list a year of life at 19 when a horse rolled on me and broke my left leg requiring a steel pin from knee to ankle. It's also complaining!

There must be a few of you that are facing the same things. The legislators only look at the criminals and not honest needs.

I'm not looking forward to whatever else our doctor will have to do. I got off sleeping med but looks like I'll have to go back to them as my pain med is cut. I do good to get two hours at a time now. I've paced the floor with pain and have no idea to handle this. I have anger at our Jabba the Hut government due to them using a sledge hammer on finish nails.

Suck it up even further is the new rule I guess. OK for me but I can't help my wife.

LITTLEROCK, Ark. (AP) — An Arkansasboard has approved regulations that add more requirements for doctorsprescribing high doses of opioids.

The Arkansas State Medical Board approved the new rules 12-1 Thursday despite complaints from chronic-pain patients seeing reduced opioid prescriptions.

"My pain medicine has been cut since June last year, by 85 percent," said patient James Spencer.

Some board members said doctorsappear to be misinterpreting the rules as limiting dosages instead of requiring they take extra precautions when the dosages exceed certain amounts.

The new rules would limit opioid prescriptions for acute pain. They would also require doctors to justify a prescription with daily doses of more than 50 morphine milligram equivalents.
Hi Frank,
My heart and prayers go out to you...my brother, who also is named Frank, is going through the same thing, has been jerked around with all this pain management stuff. They just keep cutting him back more and more. What a shame...and what angers me more is that there are so many people wh get these legal scripts. and sell them because THEY do NOT NEED THEM!!! My brother suffers greatly...When he and I speak, I always talk about the grace of God and how it WILL bring him through this. He agrees but, How can one live in constant physical pain??!! It will eventually affect every area of your life, including spiritual. Come soon Jesus , come soon...
My prayers are with you and your wife Frank
-All in Him,
-nancy

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Oh, Frank. This is hard to read. I even had to stop at one point. I will be praying for her some in just a little bit. I need to get off the forum for a while anyway. Just keep seeking God and believing Him. Believe that He is going to allow her pain to subside no matter what; pain medicine or no pain medicine. He is our ultimate provider, so call out to Him now. I believe he will hear you.

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian

I believe pharmacies have broad latitude to lie about the availability of their prescriptions, or ability to fill them. They gave me grief when my dad was dying of cancer, saying it would take 2 hours to fill, and they would be closed by then so I would have to return tomorrow. I just took the prescription elsewhere to get it filled.

My suggestion is to wait till the person isn't working there and ask again for the refill. If that doesn't work go to the ER like everyone else does when they are in serious pain.

Also check online reviews for the pharmacy it should be clear if they have such a policy by the kind of negative reviews you'll see.

Last edited:

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. This is a real problem. The answer to the opiod problem is not restricting from people who really need the drugs - we all know where the real addiction problem is anyway - Florida. If you do not know, Florida has an industry for opiod addicts. They have ‘pain clinics’ on every corner which dispense the drugs like candy. Airlines have flights from Tennesee and Virginia to Florida just for people going to get the drugs. Meanwhile the rest of the country suffers......

Reactions: Nancy

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying as I type, and will continue throughout the day, Frank & Martha, I just Pray for your relief now in the name of the Prince of Peace.

Reactions: Helen

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. This is a real problem. The answer to the opiod problem is not restricting from people who really need the drugs - we all know where the real addiction problem is anyway - Florida. If you do not know, Florida has an industry for opiod addicts. They have ‘pain clinics’ on every corner which dispense the drugs like candy. Airlines have flights from Tennesee and Virginia to Florida just for people going to get the drugs. Meanwhile the rest of the country suffers......

Yes! I remember this...it all started there IMO. Sad they put everyone in the same box. And our loved ones and friends suffer all the more because of it.

Reactions: aspen

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My dear brother Gene ex army medic, Vietnam era suffers continually form multiple operations. He's younger than me and has has 23 surgeries. Several on his back, his stomach, his esophagus, his hip and others.

He takes more than 20 meds a day to stay alive. They've cut his pain meds too. How he faces each day I have no idea.

The problem is the rules for those in pain are made by those not in pain. I'll never believe that physical suffering is part of God's plan for our lives. He healed me from serious heart issues 40 years ago or I would be dead.

With his stripes we were healed. We must lay firm hold on his rock solid promise.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My dear brother Gene ex army medic, Vietnam era suffers continually form multiple operations. He's younger than me and has has 23 surgeries. Several on his back, his stomach, his esophagus, his hip and others.

He takes more than 20 meds a day to stay alive. They've cut his pain meds too. How he faces each day I have no idea.

The problem is the rules for those in pain are made by those not in pain. I'll never believe that physical suffering is part of God's plan for our lives. He healed me from serious heart issues 40 years ago or I would be dead.

With his stripes we were healed. We must lay firm hold on his rock solid promise.

Our Savior Suffered much on that last Day, and my very thoughts about that, is so we would not have to endure such suffering! not withstanding through Persecution, that I would expect. This legal persecution against doper's should not affect solid people in good standing, people that adhere to the Law's accordingly. Our Hearts go out for You both!

We have an epidemic here in Arizona, but we also have an epidemic of people being run over by cars, so lets revoke drivers licences!!!
This whole world is upside-down!

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We've found discarded hypo needles by our mailbox. Fortunately we live 1/4 mile inside our property and not near the road. They found a body only 4 miles from us a few days ago. Even out in the country where we live there is much drug activity.

Seems they can't catch the criminals so take it out on the citizens. No one has any business up around us and our dogs keep a watch at nights. I'm not afraid but I'm aware and prepared. Prayer is my first defense.

The increase in crime is amazing but expected.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
they are all gone now, but ya
Thank you all.

Frank + Martha
i know this sounds radical Frank, but there are many communities of expats in Mexico, you could go live full time, or even just go visit and get a prescription issued there that you could bring back. Refills have to be handled delicately i guess if you aren't living there, usually have to get a third party involved, or some baksheesh to the right pharmacist, and you might still have to go down once a year to be seen. i have a friend in an enclave, but it is way down south, prolly closer ones, not that the plane trip would be much different anyway.

You might also just cross the border somewhere and see a Doc in the first town you get to; a guy like you and your wife--obviously not addicts--and you're paying for the visit in cash? Done deal. Guess there are Canadian options too but i'm not as fam with them

Reactions: Helen