~ What say you? ~

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Maybe it is just me...but I am finding the overall tone of the Site has changed in these last 4 months.
It used to be a warm friendly place to come to ...but I am really missing the warmth. @Nancy , @aspen , @Triumph1300 , @bbyrd009 ...and all the oldies , @GodsGrace, @Rollo Tamasi ...

I am not a “head “ person, I am a heart person...all these heady thread cause me to yawn.

Some days there is warmth...but usually the frustrated kind!!!!

Luke 24...mentions .... “
“ And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way,”

I’m missing the warm fellowship times of last year and before...

Just saying...God bless....Helen

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi Helen

Well as the wedding gets closer as His return gets even closer. the enemy will fight even harder, he knows his time is short, and far to many pursue there religions and ideologies and prefer them to Christ and so will fall away, thew separation will grow greater even faster now, dont expect it to get nicer or easier, it wont, mens hearts as the bible pouts it, have waxed cold.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe it is just me...but I am finding the overall tone of the Site has changed in these last 4 months.
It used to be a warm friendly place to come to ...but I am really missing the warmth. @Nancy , @aspen , @Triumph1300 , @bbyrd009 ...and all the oldies , @GodsGrace, @Rollo Tamasi ...

I am not a “head “ person, I am a heart person...all these heady thread cause me to yawn.

“ And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way,”

Maybe we should make a group prayer thread, we could all agree on a time of day/night that we will meet there...at the same time and lift this forum in prayer of agreement...God will surely hear us!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well, as I have said so many times before...I am never any good at starting any threads that endure more than half a dozen posts.

People obviously don't wish to have friendly banter...yet I find it amazing that in the serious discussions...people very freely add their two cents "chatter".
We even saw it today in a "welcome" thread...people jump in with their foolish comments...

There is a time and place for everything...but obviously some people don't seem to know the time...or the place!!!
THIS is the place....

images.png

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, as I have said so many times before...I am never any good at starting any threads that endure more than half a dozen posts.

People obviously don't wish to have friendly banter...yet I find it amazing that in the serious discussions...people very freely add their two cents "chatter".
We even saw it today in a "welcome" thread...people jump in with their foolish comments...

There is a time and place for everything...but obviously some people don't seem to know the time...or the place!!!
THIS is the place....

View attachment 5431
Perhaps it would make them seem less intelligent to just have friendly banter :cool:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi Helen! Days here go by pretty fast, constantly coming and going but...I'm way too blessed to be stressed :) How was your own day??
And yes, tomorrow is Presidents day here. How about in Canada?

Good to see you Nancy.

Yes, it is some “Day” today ....as we get one per month I forget who’s dsy it is.....EXCEPT ,It is The Day which the Lord has made ...so I am rejoicing and being glad in it!! :)

The snow is thick....but we are going to try and get out of the back alley , and to the office.
Here’s hoping!!

x

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Perhaps it would make them seem less intelligent to just have friendly banter :cool:

Oh I agree ...one person once wrote...”I am not here to make friends, I am here to debate “
The interpretation of that , I believe, is “I am here to argue “ LOL

I don’t know WHY one excludes the other! :eek:

Seeet dreams ... 1am...but so far I am not asleep...this is becoming a habit. :( I’d love to be dreaming ...sigh.

xx

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Oh I agree ...one person once wrote...”I am not here to make friends, I am here to debate “

Seeet dreams ... 1am...but so far I am not asleep...this is becoming a habit. :( I’d love to be dreaming ...sigh.

xx
Usually and argument, I think Pia gets a bit mad at me, but there are those who do want to hear. You could delete 98% of the posts here and it wont make ant diff to ones salvation.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

xx

I would have o agree with your interp. of the "debate" thing. And, what is keeping you awake my sister??

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good to see you Nancy.

Yes, it is some “Day” today ....as we get one per month I forget who’s dsy it is.....EXCEPT ,It is The Day which the Lord has made ...so I am rejoicing and being glad in it!! :)

The snow is thick....but we are going to try and get out of the back alley , and to the office.
Here’s hoping!!
x

Good answer! One a month, huh?? Lol. I guess your federal workers like their days off! :D

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No, it is not just you, I'am just saying, that Our Lord Jesus is Mindful of us:
Mindful in the Bible (45 instances)

But one in a certain place testified, saying, What is man/woman, that thou art mindful of him/her? or the son of man, that thou visitest him/her?
The LORD hath been mindful of us: he will bless us; he will bless the house of Israel; he will bless the house of Aaron.

did raise us all, who were in that deadly state of sin, to life by Christ, for by grace ye are saved:
For by grace we are saved through faith, and this [is] not from yourselves, [it is] the gift of God;

Last edited:

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yea... I agree. The tone has changed over the past few months. I hadn't posted in a while because nothing really interested me. I say that as a person who loves to discuss or even debate doctrine or history. But in the proper way.

Its funny... I look at the roll call of regulars here and there probably isn't one person I haven't banged heads with over something. But for the life of me... I can't remember most of the issues. Take Mjrhealth for example... Just a name thats come to mind.... I know we disagreed on something. Just can't remember what!

But I also know that I have agreed with many of the regulars if not all! Its a matter of letting things go and realizing that disagreers are not always enemies.

There have been and even now are a few folks I won't respond to at this time. They are throwing off the one thing we have in common which is Jesus Christ and what/who he is and did. What am I to say to such a person? I will indeed respond if I feel they really want help and answers... But I haven't seen that yet.

There are also those who have a single axe to grind and are just focused on one particular doctrine. I have no problem with grinding an axe... But it seems there are here for that one reason. They come off as new invaders. Not here for the long haul... Not here to fellowship or learn... Just here to force feed us their POV. I mean, even if its right it doesn't have to be a baseball bat mugging!

What I have a fault in is not appreciating personal testimonials and devotions (psalms, if you will.. ) that folks have offered.

In any sense... I have been around forums for almost 20 years. There are always ruts and bad seasons. But they pass. The regulars always outlast the flashes in the pan.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yea... I agree. The tone has changed over the past few months. I hadn't posted in a while because nothing really interested me. I say that as a person who loves to discuss or even debate doctrine or history. But in the proper way.

Its funny... I look at the roll call of regulars here and there probably isn't one person I haven't banged heads with over something. But for the life of me... I can't remember most of the issues. Take Mjrhealth for example... Just a name thats come to mind.... I know we disagreed on something. Just can't remember what!

But I also know that I have agreed with many of the regulars if not all! Its a matter of letting things go and realizing that disagreers are not always enemies.

There have been and even now are a few folks I won't respond to at this time. They are throwing off the one thing we have in common which is Jesus Christ and what/who he is and did. What am I to say to such a person? I will indeed respond if I feel they really want help and answers... But I haven't seen that yet.

There are also those who have a single axe to grind and are just focused on one particular doctrine. I have no problem with grinding an axe... But it seems there are here for that one reason. They come off as new invaders. Not here for the long haul... Not here to fellowship or learn... Just here to force feed us their POV. I mean, even if its right it doesn't have to be a baseball bat mugging!

What I have a fault in is not appreciating personal testimonials and devotions (psalms, if you will.. ) that folks have offered.

In any sense... I have been around forums for almost 20 years. There are always ruts and bad seasons. But they pass. The regulars always outlast the flashes in the pan.
Philippians 4.6 is a great verse!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thanks for the posts here....

I really don't know where I was going with all that! Just my ramblings I suppose!

Im glad that you posted your 'ramblings' :)

It made me feel better, just as @firstthings1st. also did too.

I was glad for the reminder that those who can be unpleasant 'come and go'.... These last few days the Site seems to be coming back into balance again!

Times and seasons....

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for the posts here....

Im glad that you posted your 'ramblings' :)

It made me feel better, just as @firstthings1st. also did too.

I was glad for the reminder that those who can be unpleasant 'come and go'.... These last few days the Site seems to be coming back into balance again!

Times and seasons....
Yeah!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perfect! A Just Chatter thread!

My wife was home asleep as I was leaving for my job in which virtually nothing happens on a holiday. My job is to answer a phone that does not ring. Well, some days it rings with things I wish it wouldn't! But today I think I've only been called by robots.

Its a robot world!

If all we do is argue over things, how are we ever supposed to fall in love?