~ What say you? ~

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Perfect! A Just Chatter thread!

My wife was home asleep as I was leaving for my job in which virtually nothing happens on a holiday. My job is to answer a phone that does not ring. Well, some days it rings with things I wish it wouldn't! But today I think I've only been called by robots.

Its a robot world!

If all we do is argue over things, how are we ever supposed to fall in love?

Thanks...good post.
So...you have lots of time to brows the Site while at non-work ha!
( if you are allowed to. )

Nice having you on the Site. :)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks...good post.
So...you have lots of time to brows the Site while at non-work ha!
( if you are allowed to. )

Nice having you on the Site. :)

Being in charge affords me that luxury.

Seriously . . . I manage a small printing company (we refer to the print industry as a "sunset industry"). I have to be here to do what takes about 20% of my time. And I have to be at my desk to answer the telephone, without which as a company we die.

Interestingly, I've been dealing with some long term recovery, both physical and otherwise, and this non-job is the perfect place to recoup. I do everything I can think of, and then come here! Happily, I might add!

And it's all the more fun with so many that live in cold climes. Because from sunny southern California, it's really easy to be a brat! (it's down into the 60's again today! Brrr!)

God truly is all-wise!

Much love!
Mark

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

Seriously . . . I manage a small printing company (we refer to the print industry as a "sunset industry"). I have to be here to do what takes about 20% of my time. And I have to be at my desk to answer the telephone, without which as a company we die.

Interestingly, I've been dealing with some long term recovery, both physical and otherwise, and this non-job is the perfect place to recoup. I do everything I can think of, and then come here! Happily, I might add!

And it's all the more fun with so many that live in cold climes. Because from sunny southern California, it's really easy to be a brat! (it's down into the 60's again today! Brrr!)

God truly is all-wise!

Much love!
Mark
Again, Sir, 60s is positively sub-tropical, compared with all the ice up here... :)

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yea... I agree. The tone has changed over the past few months. I hadn't posted in a while because nothing really interested me. I say that as a person who loves to discuss or even debate doctrine or history. But in the proper way.

Its funny... I look at the roll call of regulars here and there probably isn't one person I haven't banged heads with over something. But for the life of me... I can't remember most of the issues. Take Mjrhealth for example... Just a name thats come to mind.... I know we disagreed on something. Just can't remember what!

But I also know that I have agreed with many of the regulars if not all! Its a matter of letting things go and realizing that disagreers are not always enemies.

There have been and even now are a few folks I won't respond to at this time. They are throwing off the one thing we have in common which is Jesus Christ and what/who he is and did. What am I to say to such a person? I will indeed respond if I feel they really want help and answers... But I haven't seen that yet.

There are also those who have a single axe to grind and are just focused on one particular doctrine. I have no problem with grinding an axe... But it seems there are here for that one reason. They come off as new invaders. Not here for the long haul... Not here to fellowship or learn... Just here to force feed us their POV. I mean, even if its right it doesn't have to be a baseball bat mugging!

What I have a fault in is not appreciating personal testimonials and devotions (psalms, if you will.. ) that folks have offered.

In any sense... I have been around forums for almost 20 years. There are always ruts and bad seasons. But they pass. The regulars always outlast the flashes in the pan.

Wow @FHII
You pretty much touched on everything that has been plaguing this forum.
I see these folks who come and go as messengers of Satan. We ARE the Church, Satan questions and divides. And I always wonder why "atheists" hide under the banner of "agnostic"?? Ha-I shouldn't wonder!!! lol.

"They are throwing off the one thing we have in common which is Jesus Christ..."

And who but the adversary is always trying to take our eyes/focus away from our Rock? And he uses so many lost souls to do his bidding.
You have good discernment :)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How has you day been ?
Is it a holiday everywhere tomorrow?
Didn't get to this until today. I got my new Bipap machine today with its breathing assistant. Tonight is the first trial run at home. It also serves like a ventilator in a hospital so long as there is no power failure. That is to say if I died in my sleep the machine would breathe for me until someone shut it off. This is necessary because I frequently stop breathing completely while sleeping. Pray that it will accomplish something good. I am really tired of always being tired.

My old machine would beep and flash a red light when I did not breathe waking up my wife sometimes several times a night. [It did not wake me as I cannot hear the beeping sound.] She will appreciate the extra sleep it gives her.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Didn't get to this until today. I got my new Bipap machine today with its breathing assistant. Tonight is the first trial run at home. It also serves like a ventilator in a hospital so long as there is no power failure. That is to say if I died in my sleep the machine would breathe for me until someone shut it off. This is necessary because I frequently stop breathing completely while sleeping. Pray that it will accomplish something good. I am really tired of always being tired.

My old machine would beep and flash a red light when I did not breathe waking up my wife sometimes several times a night. [It did not wake me as I cannot hear the beeping sound.] She will appreciate the extra sleep it gives her.

I pray this will give you AND your wife some well-needed sleep!

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for the posts here....

Im glad that you posted your 'ramblings' :)

It made me feel better, just as @firstthings1st. also did too.

I was glad for the reminder that those who can be unpleasant 'come and go'.... These last few days the Site seems to be coming back into balance again!

Times and seasons....

The heaviness seems to have lifted a bit, and it was our prayer and our faith that is protecting this Christian forum! Amen!
In His Name!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I pray this will give you AND your wife some well-needed sleep!
Well I was supposed to pick up my pastor from the airport later tonight, but the weather delayed his flight so he missed his connection. The airline in Dallas is putting him in a hotel and he'll come in tomorrow during the predicted winter storm. I'll have pick him up then, but in spite of ice and snow I will be able sleep tonight and see tomorrow. My night vision terrible.

Give God the glory!

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I was supposed to pick up my pastor from the airport later tonight, but the weather delayed his flight so he missed his connection. The airline in Dallas is putting him in a hotel and he'll come in tomorrow during the predicted winter storm. I'll have pick him up then, but in spite of ice and snow I will be able sleep tonight and see tomorrow. My night vision terrible.

Give God the glory!
Travel mercies to you and your pastor, stay safe and well rested John!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, I am glad to be back and hopefully other old time members will drift back in. This board seems to spring back to fellowship and friendship as time goes by

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God truly is all-wise!

Much love!
Mark

Here in Ridge Manor Florida we have to suffer another sunny day in the balmy 80's

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Harvest 1874

I don't know how you can take it! Don't those constant blue skies and balmy breezes just get boring after a while?

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen