~ What say you? ~

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Here in Ridge Manor Florida we have to suffer anther sunny day in the balmy 80's

Haha! Rubbing it in eh, for us Canadian's... :p....this month has been like living in the Arctic for us...pretty bad!!! :(

BTW , it is over two weeks now...and the police have given up looking for out stolen car ( for those who don't know...stolen right out of our garage with my husband sweeping the snow not 6ft away....!!)

Our car was loaded with features...and We had just put $900 new winter Dunlop tires on it..and filled the gas tank :(
Now we are waiting to hear what offer our insurance adjuster will give us...praying that he will 'play fair'.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I got my new Bipap machine today with its breathing assistant. Tonight is the first trial run at home. It also serves like a ventilator in a hospital so long as there is no power failure.

So John....waiting for an update on you sleeping now that you have the new machine.

........download.jpg

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Still praying for @Frank Lee

I got an email the other day...saying he had had a long die contrast CAT scan on his lungs...I wrote back, but so far no updates...
Not sure if he even got the results of his previous tests yet.
I miss him on here.

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Haha! Rubbing it in eh, for us Canadian's... :p....this month has been like living in the Arctic for us...pretty bad!!! :(

BTW , it is over two weeks now...and the police have given up looking for out stolen car ( for those who don't know...stolen right out of our garage with my husband sweeping the snow not 6ft away....!!)

Our car was loaded with features...and We had just put $900 new winter Dunlop tires on it..and filled the gas tank :(
Now we are waiting to hear what offer our insurance adjuster will give us...praying that he will 'play fair'.

Maybe your husband forgot he parked it out back and its under that mound of snow.

Reactions: bbyrd009 and Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So John....waiting for an update on you sleeping now that you have the new machine.

........View attachment 5452
One bad night behind me, but I have a sleeping problem the machine anticipated and it shut itself down. Machine corrected today and I took a short but good nap. Tonight now my pastor is finally arriving and I am meeting him at the local airport. After that maybe my first good night's sleep with the new machine?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
One bad night behind me, but I have a sleeping problem the machine anticipated and it shut itself down. Machine corrected today and I took a short but good nap. Tonight now my pastor is finally arriving and I am meeting him at the local airport. After that maybe my first good night's sleep with the new machine?

Hope he has had a good trip ...and that you get a good nights sleep.
As , at the moment my nights are 3.1/2 hours long...why I don't know. I drop off to sleep for 30 mins...then wake up...and can't drop off again until 3 or 4 am. :oops:
But, what can we do but 'plod on'.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hope he has had a good trip ...and that you get a good nights sleep.
As , at the moment my nights are 3.1/2 hours long...why I don't know. I drop off to sleep for 30 mins...then wake up...and can't drop off again until 3 or 4 am. :oops:
But, what can we do but 'plod on'.
Hopefully your sleeping times will improve. I know how difficult it can be even to think when overtired.

As to my pastor, the meeting he attended was good as per his confirmation, but the travel was not. I won't go into the details on the open forum, but I do ask for prayer regarding that situation.

Reactions: Helen

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Helen...it's just Winter - the "chattering" (teeth) season! November, December, January, February - 4 months!

Perhaps a sweater? :)

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Maybe your husband forgot he parked it out back and its under that mound of snow.

:D Maybe...IF he had not seen it driven backward out of our garage...and hit the windshield with his broom!! :(

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Sunday School,they were teaching how God created everything,including human beings. Little Johnny seemed especially intent when they told him how Eve was created out of one of Adam's ribs. Later in the week,his mother noticed him lying down as though he were ill,and said,'Johnny what is the matter?'Little Johnny responded,'I have a pain in my side. I think I'm going to have a wife.'

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In Sunday School,they were teaching how God created everything,including human beings. Little Johnny seemed especially intent when they told him how Eve was created out of one of Adam's ribs. Later in the week,his mother noticed him lying down as though he were ill,and said,'Johnny what is the matter?'Little Johnny responded,'I have a pain in my side. I think I'm going to have a wife.'

Cute...I loved that :)

Reactions: Nancy and Taken

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still praying for @Frank Lee

I got an email the other day...saying he had had a long die contrast CAT scan on his lungs...I wrote back, but so far no updates...
Not sure if he even got the results of his previous tests yet.
I miss him on here.

Hello all:
Still around just a peculiar time. Waiting for date of needle biopsy on left lung object. No fear just one of those things you have to go through the motions.

Read a little story the other day that was very profound. I'll relate.

A woman, wife and mother came home stressed from work and very distraught. She threw some bread into the oven for toast which was burned black. She set it on the table and plopped down a jar of jam then called the family to dinner.

Everyone came and the blessing was said, thanks was given. They were all silent and ate their scorched supper in silence. After leaving the table the little girl asked her father "daddy, do you really love burnt toast"?

Replying he said;

"I love burnt toast and they laughed. Honey your mother has had a hard time, a very rough day today so we have to bear with her. The toast is not important but our words are. If I unloaded on her and said harsh words they would always be remembered. Words cause wounds that sometimes never heal. We can all stand a little burnt toast but we can't digest harsh or hateful words."

I love the people on this site. I'm amazed that Jesus is teaching me so much in the past 2-3 years. It's like a whole new depth of insight and perspective. Discernment especially. The contentious, combative and prideful have a huge spiritual foot that beknownst to them or not, thay are driven to place it on the necks of the unwary. With pride as your master many will be hurt.

Being a simple soul all I desire to do is uplift, encourage and in love provide a word that will reinflate a flat soul. Like those cans of compressed air used for flat tires but labeled "soul and spirit reinflator".

I'm convinced that many of those walking around with a gun that fires scripture bullets
are not born again at all or are denominationalist unfilled, unyielding to the baptism of the Holy Spirit. I am eternally grateful to the merciful God that saved me outside the walls of any denominational "church" and their doctrine of "God does this and this but never these things "

Let everything be done to building up.
Romans 15:1-2 KJVS
We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves.
[2] Let every one of us please his neighbour for his good to edification.

Verse 1 they cannot grasp.

They my dear friends are the skinny cows. Ever learning but never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

But you who labor to have a right heart know the value of walking in peace, in love and in longsuffering.

I wept in prayer tree recently tełing God over and again "Lord I just wish I could have done better for you" He replied "I know that you couldn't do any better so that's why I had to do it for you".

Up_0-576x1024.jpg

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Oh yes, that's me..every day!! LOL ummm not quite... :)

But I am determined to keep my legs strong and keep my balance as much as possible as I age. "They" say that is the one thing that keeps us out of a nursing Home..
I make sure also that I get off a low chair or stool five times a day , without using my arms at all ...It took about a week, but now I can do it six or seven times if I want.
I am 'religious' about that...that, and brushing my teeth are my only 'religious' actions per day!! :)

Reactions: Nancy and bbyrd009

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hello all:
Still around just a peculiar time. Waiting for date of needle biopsy on left lung object. No fear just one of those things you have to go through the motions.

Read a little story the other day that was very profound. I'll relate.

A woman, wife and mother came home stressed from work and very distraught. She threw some bread into the oven for toast which was burned black. She set it on the table and plopped down a jar of jam then called the family to dinner.

Everyone came and the blessing was said, thanks was given. They were all silent and ate their scorched supper in silence. After leaving the table the little girl asked her father "daddy, do you really love burnt toast"?

Replying he said;

"I love burnt toast and they laughed. Honey your mother has had a hard time, a very rough day today so we have to bear with her. The toast is not important but our words are. If I unloaded on her and said harsh words they would always be remembered. Words cause wounds that sometimes never heal. We can all stand a little burnt toast but we can't digest harsh or hateful words."

I love the people on this site. I'm amazed that Jesus is teaching me so much in the past 2-3 years. It's like a whole new depth of insight and perspective. Discernment especially. The contentious, combative and prideful have a huge spiritual foot that beknownst to them or not, thay are driven to place it on the necks of the unwary. With pride as your master many will be hurt.

Being a simple soul all I desire to do is uplift, encourage and in love provide a word that will reinflate a flat soul. Like those cans of compressed air used for flat tires but labeled "soul and spirit reinflator".

I'm convinced that many of those walking around with a gun that fires scripture bullets
are not born again at all or are denominationalist unfilled, unyielding to the baptism of the Holy Spirit. I am eternally grateful to the merciful God that saved me outside the walls of any denominational "church" and their doctrine of "God does this and this but never these things "

Let everything be done to building up.
Romans 15:1-2 KJVS
We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves.
[2] Let every one of us please his neighbour for his good to edification.

Verse 1 they cannot grasp.

They my dear friends are the skinny cows. Ever learning but never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

But you who labor to have a right heart know the value of walking in peace, in love and in longsuffering.

I wept in prayer tree recently tełing God over and again "Lord I just wish I could have done better for you" He replied "I know that you couldn't do any better so that's why I had to do it for you".

View attachment 5459

Thank you Frank, for the update ( so we can pray with you)
the lovely story , and the reminder that 'we' in ourself can never "do it".. None of us have "done" what we would call good-enough...but we have the confidence that God worked through us in whatever He led us to do, say, and be. ✟

Every blessing Bro. x

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: Helen and Frank Lee

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

God Bless,
Taken

Why not?