Just fights, nothing but

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Looking at post after post I see nothing but strife. I see those being attacked over the simplest statement. There are a few peaceful souls here and God bless you.

There is no fellowship in perpetual strife. Being without a church and fellowship is hard but not as hard as viewing dogfights.

I hope I may not return here.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Looking at post after post I see nothing but strife. I see those being attacked over the simplest statement. There are a few peaceful souls here and God bless you.

There is no fellowship in perpetual strife. Being without a church and fellowship is hard but not as hard as viewing dogfights.

Don’t go anywhere yet. You are needed here. Many are blessed by your post and comforted.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There is no fellowship in perpetual strife.
Fellowship occurs only when Christians are like-minded.

But since you see a smorgasbord of beliefs on Christian forums (including heretical beliefs) you should expect conflict. Indeed, the Lord said that He had come to bring a sword on earth. A sword which would divide true believers from unbelievers or false professors. It would divide families also.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Of course brother you are correct about the strife, but while we are not to be OF this world, until our time is finished, we are to be IN this world. Go then always as led by the Holy Spirit giving God the glory!

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a strange thing to be alone. For some reason God has always kept me and my wife pretty much alone. Not better etc, just separated. Churches in our area and all over I suspect, are lukewarm and so much strange teaching going on.

It was wonderful when the Holy Spirit began to tell us of things He was going to do and indeed performed. Being ignorant I knew not of the price required for receiving miracles. Our son, now 38, has had nothing but battles his entire life being forespoken by the Lord. Even so he as had to learn to walk with God like everyone else. He can use your prayers.

Things others take for granted we had to pray in. Children, a home, jobs, a business. It took years of intercession before God gave us our home. Our children are unmarried and they refuse to give into the way of the world. We long for them to have God fearing, spirit filled spouses and lovely grandchildren but like everything else we intercede for what others take for granted. God knew we'd pray I suppose. This is the only place I visit as of now.

Those of you that have a church - a sound one - thank God for it.

The target on your back gets bigger when God does great things for you. This is something we had to learn. After Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead his life was forever changed. People were afraid of him. If God had raised you from the dead how would you be treated by others? Even though they knew Jesus had raised him up they were not comfortable around him. Lazarus had a difficult life even while praising God for his miraculous resurrection.

Be prepared. If you receive a grand miracle from the Lord you will have some battles that you had not wanted.

I scratch my head when I hear teaching about commanding God, or when dance troupes replace sound teaching and preaching, and when tithing or seed planting is the chief message of nearly every sermon.

The prosperity cult was just getting cranked up good in the late 70's when I was saved. Robert Tilton came and spoke at our church when he was getting started. My wife and I thank God never bought into that stuff. Many times when guest speakers came was like the flim flam man in the pulpit! They came in the front door and went out the back. There were some sober, righteous men of God thankfully.

There is a tremendous need for revival in American churches. Beyond expression. Lord start with Mr. Amen. Things spiritual in churches have gone south far beyond anything I ever imagined.

One guy preached to us "you'll never be touched by a surgeon's knife if you give an offering of $39"! Stand up if you believe!

Good one. Just me and a couple of others sat it out. The condemning spirit was so heavy! Never mind that my wife bore three children after that by Caesarian section. It would have been a bad investment eh?

There are and are going to be so many more deceptions in these last times so get a good grip on fundamental Bible beliefs and do not be taken in by strange doctrines and unsound teaching. It's a jungle filled with rsvening beasts.

I see some strange notions in some posts and don't believe I'm alone. Pitching camp at fundamental things like baptism, receiving the baptism in the Holy Spirit, spiritual gifts, at basic simple things is astounding. At a time when many should be teachers they must again be fed Milk and are not ready to served meat as written in Hebrews.

Let me bring up something here. If God gives YOU a dream or vision He will tell YOU what it means. Be ware of receiving interpretations from others about something the Lord has shown you. Just be very cautious in these matters. I've seen many that were practically asking to be ensnared, guided by another professing to be a seer or prophet. OK? Wise as a serpent and harmless as a dove principle.

Yes, We, my family, are alone but are entirely dependent on Him. He is so present and is more addictive than any drug. The closer you get to Him the more you want to receive from Him. A touch, a word, a dream. Anything from Him but it must be scriptural. Many babes are so anxious to receive from God they err and fix onto some device of the devil. I know that there are multitudes of lonely Christians out there and would to God we could all reach them and lift them up. It's not good for men and women be alone. Our marriage of 52 years has made us one and keeps back, mostly, the heaviness from being separate from the body of Christ. We cannot imagine the loneliness that Jesus experienced but He knows JUST how we feel. Amen

Once in a dream I was shown the devil as a fisherman. We were the fish and his tackle box was filled with lures that were lies. He just keeps casting and changing lures until some unwary fish bites.

I pray for you all that you hold onto the master with your might but even so it's His grip on you that matters. May God preserve us blameless until the day that big yellow heaven bound bus pulls up at our front door.

I am not ashamed to have poured out my heart here and know that He will certainly carry us through.

I pray the wonderful Holy Spirit fill the hearts and homes of every sincere disciple of Christ. You should be able to look up from your seat at any time and say "Lord I discern your presence, thank you for filling me and my home with your Holy Spirit" ! Amen

Romans 15:13
Ezekiel 34:26-31

Last edited:

larry2

Jun 14, 2018
Arapahoe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those of you that have a church - a sound one - thank God for it. I pray the wonderful Holy Spirit fill the hearts and homes of every sincere disciple of Christ. You should be able to look up from your seat at any time and say "Lord I discern your presence, thank you for filling me and my home with your Holy Spirit" ! Amen
I loved your testimony here dear Brother Frank Lee. It is the very faith, and knowledge of our Lord Jesus that makes any local church what it should be. We have many babes in Christ among us needing such a walk with Christ you exhibit so as to see truth.

I've been in churches that went different ways over doctrine, and yet we are kept by God's soverign love that gave us His Son. If I find fellowship, I have praised God for it, and attempt to always remember Rom 14:3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him. They learn more from observing us than hearing many times.

Like you, I do watch for those willfully using the house of God for profit, but if I were able, I think I would find some in the churches that could benefit from what God has put into my heart for their lives too. The sufferings you have experience is the very thing that has kept you close to God. I think of the Apostle Paul and the things he went through to deliver God's revealed word unto us, and then telling us in 1 Cor 11:1 to follow him as he followed our Savior. Jesus learned obedience by the things He suffered, and we are led in those things to becoming joint heirs with Christ. Rom 8:17

May God continue to richly bless you in Jesus' name. :)

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you brother Larry. I appreciate your steady word. I don't like to fight at all and refuse. Peace and fighting are opposed. The good fight of faith is the one we must continue in.

Reactions: amadeus

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

Where are you going?

Debating a point is not fighting as long as it's civil.
It's good to put out what we think is biblical. There are persons reading along who need to hear all sides, not just the side of those who are stronger.

I also joined forums for fellowship because there's not a good church near me.
I've found that fellowship must be with real people. So I hang with a group of nice catholic lady friends that are saved. They talk more about church than Jesus, but at least we understand each other. So it's still good to be here and talk to others that are of like mind -- even if we don't agree on every little thing.

AND, I've learned so much.

Anyway, we need nice people like you around.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me bring up something here. If God gives YOU a dream or vision He will tell YOU what it means. Be ware of receiving interpretations from others about something the Lord has shown you. Just be very cautious in these matters. I've seen many that were practically asking to be ensnared, guided by another professing to be a seer or prophet. OK? Wise as a serpent and harmless as a dove principle.

Wow, Frank... It sounds like this is the primary source of your discontentment. Why haven't you said anything so it could be discussed? I've considered you to be one of the better members here, so I'm a little bewildered if it is me you feel is why you need to leave. I'd be willing to discuss this openly and freely, and not in some spirit of strife with you. In fact I really like discussing things with believers if it is in a peaceful Spirit. It's only when I get attacked and confronted that I will sometimes feel what I am saying needs to be defended.

As for the rest, yes there is a lot of strife on the Christian Forums, we all know that. But my contention is that the good ones need to stand on the battlefield and fight the good fight of faith. I don't think your leaving would be good here, even if you honestly thought I was the biggest problem here right now.

What else can I say? I'm sort of speechless. Why haven't you said anything about this until now?

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually it's an aside. An observation and opinion. Not my main concern just one as a watchman. I want everyone to be safe. I've seen people end up dead as a consequence of getting off track and it breaks my heart.
One brother, Jerry, used to prophesy and the Lord used him to tell me something that only I knew about. He's dead now, killed in prison.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually it's an aside. An observation and opinion. Not my main concern just one as a watchman. I want everyone to be safe. I've seen people end up dead as a consequence of getting off track and it breaks my heart.
One brother, Jerry, used to prophesy and the Lord used him to tell me something that only I knew about. He's dead now, killed in prison.

Oh, dear brother. I'm sorry to hear about it. Look, I want everyone to be safe too. But I am called to this sort of thing as a soldier and prepared to take whatever consequences come. And honestly, I personally think I'm protected by a whole army of the Lord's finest, so I don't have a lot to worry about for my own sake. I only worry about others sometimes if they may not know what they are getting themselves into with the war we have to face.

But let me encourage you Frank, because my gift is doing some good.

These threads are just from the last few days alone, and the top one is from just the last half hour or so. These are people facing a conflict with the enemy already. I'm just being used to help them understand what the Lord is telling them so they can better face the enemy and defeat him. Please don't go anywhere because of me. I'm just trying to serve God as best as I know how:

https://www.christianforums.com/threads/dream-last-night.8071890/
https://www.christianforums.com/threads/two-rabbits.8071140/

There are others.

B

brakelite

I know what you mean about Lazarus. Anyone who has such a testimony will attract enemies. My wife is one such, who was raised from death at age 3 through her father praying at her bedside in the hospital. The doctors and nurses thought he was nuts, but all he wanted was his little girl back.
But that miracle led to a later life, from age 7 on, of sibling abuse and bullying. Even churches abused her testimony by making her a showpiece to their glory rather than God's. Her parents weren't that helpful there either.
I met her when she was 19. Suicidal and very mixed up. But God had never abandoned her, and gave her to me to love her and provide what human strength she needed. 40 years and 12 grandchildren later, churches that rejected us both because we had no wealth to offer them, yet throughout God has ever been faithful, met our every need, and given us peace with one another and our family. And for the last 18 months a church family that doesn't condemn or judge, but loves us both for who we are without reservation.
Jesus never promised our Christian walk to be easy. As for this forum, partly fellowship, but more because I have a story to tell, a God to represent, and a warfare to wage by the power of the Spirit of God, against lies, unbelief, and deception. If that makes me a target, so be it. I've seen my wife targeted for the last 40 years, who am I to complain?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a strange thing to be alone. For some reason God has always kept me and my wife pretty much alone. Not better etc, just separated. Churches in our area and all over I suspect, are lukewarm and so much strange teaching going on.
Up until we moved to our present location a little more than 10 years ago, in addition to attending our own services I regularly visited many others available in that town on our off nights or times. Many of them were a one time visit. That is once visited I felt no inclination or incentive to return. Others were good for re-visits. I never found one I would consider attending rather than where I was and where I was missed the mark in many ways. When we left there to come to our present assembly it was God drawing us through the old pastor. He was and is a pastor according to what I read and understand in scripture, but now at almost 93 God about ready to take him home. When he is gone it is likely that we will have no place [no assembly] we go to. We certainly cannot stay with what we see as the next embattled regime. I hate to use that word, but unfortunately it often fits too well.

It was wonderful when the Holy Spirit began to tell us of things He was going to do and indeed performed. Being ignorant I knew not of the price required for receiving miracles. Our son, now 38, has had nothing but battles his entire life being forespoken by the Lord. Even so he as had to learn to walk with God like everyone else. He can use your prayers.
Give God the glory! I am certainly praying for your son.

Things others take for granted we had to pray in. Children, a home, jobs, a business. It took years of intercession before God gave us our home. Our children are unmarried and they refuse to give into the way of the world. We long for them to have God fearing, spirit filled spouses and lovely grandchildren but like everything else we intercede for what others take for granted. God knew we'd pray I suppose. This is the only place I visit as of now.

Yes, indeed thank God for those who have a sound "church". I remain where I am only for my pastor who is now unable to stand alone against his enemies in the assembly. He is off on perhaps his last trip although to here his tell it he will continue with others after this one. Like Jesus he is loved everywhere he goes and then he returns home to meet the hypocrites. [Sorry to use that word.] When he dies, then we must see what God has for us... as it seems unlikely that it will be here.
The target on your back gets bigger when God does great things for you. This is something we had to learn. After Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead his life was forever changed. People were afraid of him. If God had raised you from the dead how would you be treated by others? Even though they knew Jesus had raised him up they were not comfortable around him. Lazarus had a difficult life even while praising God for his miraculous resurrection.

Be prepared. If you receive a grand miracle from the Lord you will have some battles that you had not wanted.
Praise God for standing always with those who stand with Him.

I scratch my head when I hear teaching about commanding God, or when dance troupes replace sound teaching and preaching, and when tithing or seed planting is the chief message of nearly every sermon.

The prosperity cult was just getting cranked up good in the late 70's when I was saved. Robert Tilton came and spoke at our church when he was getting started. My wife and I thank God never bought into that stuff. Many times when guest speakers came was like the flim flam man in the pulpit! They came in the front door and went out the back. There were some sober, righteous men of God thankfully.

There is a tremendous need for revival in American churches. Beyond expression. Lord start with Mr. Amen. Things spiritual in churches have gone south far beyond anything I ever imagined.
I really hope that some in need of it will see it. God knows where the really hungry hearts are and He will fill them.

One guy preached to us "you'll never be touched by a surgeon's knife if you give an offering of $39"! Stand up if you believe!

Good one. Just me and a couple of others sat it out. The condemning spirit was so heavy! Never mind that my wife bore three children after that by Caesarian section. It would have been a bad investment eh?

There are and are going to be so many more deceptions in these last times so get a good grip on fundamental Bible beliefs and do not be taken in by strange doctrines and unsound teaching. It's a jungle filled with rsvening beasts.

I see some strange notions in some posts and don't believe I'm alone. Pitching camp at fundamental things like baptism, receiving the baptism in the Holy Spirit, spiritual gifts, at basic simple things is astounding. At a time when many should be teachers they must again be fed Milk and are not ready to served meat as written in Hebrews.

Our God is always able in every situation to accomplish His purpose which often may not look good to carnal man. But let us stand by our God anyway...

Yes, We, my family, are alone but are entirely dependent on Him. He is so present and is more addictive than any drug. The closer you get to Him the more you want to receive from Him. A touch, a word, a dream. Anything from Him but it must be scriptural. Many babes are so anxious to receive from God they err and fix onto some device of the devil. I know that there are multitudes of lonely Christians out there and would to God we could all reach them and lift them up. It's not good for men and women be alone. Our marriage of 52 years has made us one and keeps back, mostly, the heaviness from being separate from the body of Christ. We cannot imagine the loneliness that Jesus experienced but He knows JUST how we feel. Amen

Once in a dream I was shown the devil as a fisherman. We were the fish and his tackle box was filled with lures that were lies. He just keeps casting and changing lures until some unwary fish bites.

I pray for you all that you hold onto the master with your might but even so it's His grip on you that matters. May God preserve us blameless until the day that big yellow heaven bound bus pulls up at our front door.
Give God the glory my friend! We are also keeping you and yours in prayer.
I am not ashamed to have poured out my heart here and know that He will certainly carry us through.

I pray the wonderful Holy Spirit fill the hearts and homes of every sincere disciple of Christ. You should be able to look up from your seat at any time and say "Lord I discern your presence, thank you for filling me and my home with your Holy Spirit" ! Amen

Thank you for sharing these words with us.
Again, give God the glory!

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I do understand about being separate from the world, My Wife has always stressed that we should not mingle with others. we have not graced the entrance of any Assembly for 19 years, tired of the can-can dancers, the music that has penetrated the Sanctuary's, there are no boundaries anymore, modesty erased, people that live an alternate lifestyle allowed, the list goes on and on, I hope I do not sound Judgmental only understand what Scripture States, We the Body need to instruct one another to what is acceptable, not the outside world!

We will pray for you, and hope that if you do leave, pop in once in a while just for giggles!