Just Joined

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just joined the forum. Right now I am in NJ although I've got residences in both NJ and PA. Hoping to chat with other Christians from my area and from other areas as well.
Welcome to the forum!

dhh712

Jun 12, 2022
Gettysburg
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey there, I'm just across the border in MD (actually am in the process of trying to move back to PA--the road my house is on is actually in PA so I'm literally right below the line--but it looks as though it isn't the Lord's will yet). Good to meet you!

Reactions: amadeus

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hey there, I'm just across the border in MD (actually am in the process of trying to move back to PA--the road my house is on is actually in PA so I'm literally right below the line--but it looks as though it isn't the Lord's will yet). Good to meet you!
Hi @dhh712 It's called the historic Mason-Dixon line, right?

My wife and I crossed into Pa. from Mld. near Hagerstown and the Antietam battlesite: quite sobering to think how far north the Southern forces got to.............(I think you're a Civil War buff also....)

Reactions: amadeus and dhh712

dhh712

Jun 12, 2022
Gettysburg
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @dhh712 It's called the historic Mason-Dixon line, right?

My wife and I crossed into Pa. from Mld. near Hagerstown and the Antietam battlesite: quite sobering to think how far north the Southern forces got to.............(I think you're a Civil War buff also....)

It sure is! I'm right on it! A small part of my property actually is in PA. Yep, not too far from those, about a 50-ish minute drive (and less than 30 minutes from Gettysburg). They sure got pretty well up north. And I certainly am. Haven't had time to do much reading these past couple months. I sorely need to get back into my Civil War history reading--am feeling much deprived!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
It sure is! I'm right on it! A small part of my property actually is in PA. Yep, not too far from those, about a 50-ish minute drive. They sure got pretty well up north. And I certainly am. Haven't had time to do much reading these past couple months--I sorely need to get back into my Civil War history reading--am feeling much deprived!
@dhh712 I do find that kind of historical reading very searching at times.

For example, the writer R L Dabney wrote some good Bible meditations, but I hesitate to recommend him wholeheartedly because of his attempt to defend slavery.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
PS: @dhh712 You know, some Europeans try to imply that the United States does not have a lot of history, but this is not true! :) I find US history very absorbing in many ways....

Reactions: dhh712

dhh712

Jun 12, 2022
Gettysburg
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
PS: @dhh712 You know, some Europeans try to imply that the United States does not have a lot of history, but this is not true! :) I find US history very absorbing in many ways....

Well, yes--it doesn't go back as far as Europe's of course. But I find the Civil War era to be just incredibly fascinating. That's about the only part of history I'm deeply intrigued with. I'd like to know more about the rest of it (but not "modern" history, which I personally define as anything much past the Civil War. That to me is like not at all interesting), if only I had more time!

Reactions: farouk

dhh712

Jun 12, 2022
Gettysburg
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@dhh712 I do find that kind of historical reading very searching at times.

For example, the writer R L Dabney wrote some good Bible meditations, but I hesitate to recommend him wholeheartedly because of his attempt to defend slavery.

Missed this one earlier--R.L. Dabney was a good friend of D.H. Hill! (The one whom God used to draw me to himself). I've read some personal letters of his. It is too bad that some of our brothers and sisters in Jesus thought that slavery as it was practised in the Southern states was not sinful before the Lord. I have not read his defense of slavery, but it appears as plain as day that, except in name only, it is in no way shape or form in anyway like the slavery recommended in God's word (a voluntary recourse for a limited number of years unless otherwise desired when one finds themselves destitute).

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just joined the forum. Right now I am in NJ although I've got residences in both NJ and PA. Hoping to chat with other Christians from my area and from other areas as well.

Welcome, Photon Guy! I was born in Voorhees NJ. Im in NC now. Hope you enjoy the forums.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What Exit Photon guy? (Ha, Ha)
I was raised in CT. Driven through NJ many times... Welcome to the Forum.