Just noticed

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i have been focusing on the jerks on this board for too long. This thread is dedicated to those who advocated for love and read scripture through the lens of love and those who encourage the Body. We are the majority here

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i have been focusing on the jerks on this board for too long. This thread is dedicated to those who advocated for love and read scripture through the lens of love and those who encourage the Body. We are the majority here

"And when the servant of the man of God was risen early, and gone forth, behold, an host compassed the city both with horses and chariots. And his servant said unto him, Alas, my master! how shall we do?
And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.
And Elisha prayed, and said, LORD, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the LORD opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha." II Kings 6:15-17

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"And when the servant of the man of God was risen early, and gone forth, behold, an host compassed the city both with horses and chariots. And his servant said unto him, Alas, my master! how shall we do?
And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.
And Elisha prayed, and said, LORD, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the LORD opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha." II Kings 6:15-17
You sir, are a lover
Your posts edify me. You are why i come here
Glory be to God!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You sir, are a lover
Your posts edify me. You are why i come here
Glory be to God!

Amen to that! Indeed he is, very true.
..but so are you also...I believe that your were one of the first people I 'Followed' on this Site. ( Amadeus/John I have known for over a decade)
Our new friend @Philip James has the same heart I believe...a blessing to the Site.

Now...just how long will it be before someone with hobnail boots jumps into the middle of this thread with an objection. LOL :D

Psalm 42:1-4
"As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God? My tears have been my meat day and night, while they continually say unto me, Where is thy God?
When I remember these things, I pour out my soul in me: for I had gone with the multitude, I went with them to the house of God, with the voice of joy and praise, with a multitude that kept holyday. "

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Lovely thread!

Psalm 16: 8-11

I keep the LORD always before me; with the Lord at my right, I shall never be shaken.

Therefore my heart is glad, my soul rejoices; my body also dwells secure,

For you will not abandon me to Sheol, nor let your faithful servant see the pit.

You will show me the path to life, abounding joy in your presence, the delights at your right hand forever

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ps 118 "This is the day that the Lord has made, we will be glad and rejoice in it." KJV

We can see that "we will be glad and rejoice"... is a choice!

When David had a really bad day...what did he do? 1 Sam 30 It says:-

6 "And David was greatly distressed; for the people spake of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and for his daughters: but David encouraged himself in the Lord his God."

We ourselves are our first encourager.
Encouraging ourself in the Lord changes the atmosphere of our day. :)

I have a very busy one ahead of me...so you all have a great day, so I wont be around much until tonight.

Bless you all ....Helen.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen to that! Indeed he is, very true.
..but so are you also...I believe that your were one of the first people I 'Followed' on this Site. ( Amadeus/John I have known for over a decade)
Our new friend @Philip James has the same heart I believe...a blessing to the Site.

Now...just how long will it be before someone with hobnail boots jumps into the middle of this thread with an objection. LOL :D

Psalm 42:1-4
"As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God? My tears have been my meat day and night, while they continually say unto me, Where is thy God?
When I remember these things, I pour out my soul in me: for I had gone with the multitude, I went with them to the house of God, with the voice of joy and praise, with a multitude that kept holyday. "

And you - Helen....my oh my you are a lover. Thank you for every uplifting post ......for every word of hope. Your faith is vibrant.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is another point that needs to be made FHII inspired me to start this thread. He has been quietly treating people like we are redeemed for the past year or longer. He is a man of faith and someone who has been teaching me scripture and how to love other despite disagreements. I am truly grateful

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bbrd009

So you make this board worth coming back to. I have given it up several time, but i miss people like you.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Now there's a post I can get behind any day of the week! And that we are indeed the majority here is one of the reasons I like this forum so much.

But beware. The enemy is always still looking for an entrance...
and I sense a great disturbance in the force, LoL.

funny-animals-34.jpg

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now there's a post I can get behind any day of the week! And that we are indeed the majority here is one of the reasons I like this forum so much.

But beware. The enemy is always still looking for an entrance...
and I sense a great disturbance in the force, LoL.

funny-animals-34.jpg
Because you are lover!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Holy smokes! Another lover! Wow awesome indeed! You are person i have not seen yet, and one i love! I am so grateful for you post!

:)

Since you hadn't noticed me yet, let me at least qualify a little bit by saying I am capable of stepping on a toe now and then, LoL. But even then it's not done in a spirit of bitterness. I just warn people sometimes when I think they're serving the wrong team is all.

God bless, and thank you for your gracious response.
Your friend,
Hidden In Him

Reactions: amadeus

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is another point that needs to be made FHII inspired me to start this thread. He has been quietly treating people like we are redeemed for the past year or longer. He is a man of faith and someone who has been teaching me scripture and how to love other despite disagreements. I am truly grateful
Thanks, my friend!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@bbyrd009

So you make this board worth coming back to. I have given it up several time, but i miss people like you.

I'm just hitting this post back out as a tag, so that Mark see's it.
I agree he is unique...sometime a bit too brainy for me , being 'a bear of very little brain' ( Winnie the Pooh ) ...some of his posts go over my head.
I just have to fake it and pretend that I understand :D

He is posting less these days...but this Site would not be the same without him....and all the other "lovers" who post here.

I loved @Richard_oti and miss him very much.
I think he had some health issues and found posting on here just too much :oops:

I'm glad that we can all pull together and when things get a bit rough on some of the other threads...we can encourage each other .... :)

( No, Marks name is still not "tagging" so I'll give it another shot. @bbyrd009 )

Hugs to all. H

Reactions: amadeus and Pisteuo