Justice?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there,

Yesterday, on the news I heard of the sentence passed upon a man who committed crimes which I will not mention for they are two horrible to contemplate, but two of those were murders, committed many years ago. He is now in his sixties, and will be in prison for the rest of his life. Where he will experience no financial concerns, have food to eat, clothing provided, access to medical care, companionship, access to library facilities etc., a chaplain and psychiatrist on hand to talk to about internal struggles and concerns, free gym facilities and visiting rights. I do not consider that punishment!

All that this man will suffer is the loss of liberty, yet he has caused irreparable harm to at least two families, and taken the lives of two individuals, depriving them of a posterity.

This is not justice.

o_O

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello there,

Yesterday, on the news I heard of the sentence passed upon a man who committed crimes which I will not mention for they are two horrible to contemplate, but two of those were murders, committed many years ago. He is now in his sixties, and will be in prison for the rest of his life. Where he will experience no financial concerns, food to eat, clothing provided, access to medical care, companionship, access to library facilities etc., a chaplain and psychiatrist on hand to talk to about internal struggles and concerns, and visiting rights. I do not consider that punishment!

All that this man will suffer is the loss of liberty, yet he has caused irreparable harm to at least two families, and taken the lives of two individuals, depriving them of a posterity.

This is not justice.

o_O

I get that. Our Justice “system” is wayward. In one respect all you mention,
And; (Tv’s, radios, computers, classes) and in another respect, gang rape of men against men, beatings, murders in prisons...?

And the umpteen thousands of inmates, because they ingested drugs, owned a gun, ate a deer, (blah, blah) the ‘govt” didn’t approve? (And often, govt reps Are “excused” from negative consequences, for doing the same?)

And the phoney bologny....IF you happen to “get the right Judge”... aren’t they all supposed to operated under the same LAW?

There is a lot of lowdown disturbing aspects of what the “the Justice system”, has become.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
'Whoso killeth any person,
the murderer shall be put to death by the mouth of witnesses:
but one witness shall not testify against any person to cause him to die.
Moreover ye shall take no satisfaction for the life of a murderer, which is guilty of death:
but he shall be surely put to death.'
(Num 35:30-31)

Hello @Taken,

I almost feel the need to whisper this, for it is frowned upon to hold such views these days, but I really feel that the death penalty should be in place for the wilful taking of a life, if guilt has been established without shadow of doubt.

Thank you.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Moreover ye shall take no satisfaction for the life of a murderer, which is guilty of death:

Hello @Taken,

I almost feel the need to whisper this, for it is frowned upon to hold such views these days, but I really feel that the death penalty should be in place for the wilful taking of a life, if guilt has been established without shadow of doubt.

Thank you.

Hi Charity.
You quoted a Scripture.
Then said to me it is frowned upon to hold such view.
Then said your view about a death penalty.

Can you clarify your whisper, of what exactly is frowned upon...?
The scripture you quoted?
Your death penalty view?
Or something else you did not identify?

Thanks.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello there,

Yesterday, on the news I heard of the sentence passed upon a man who committed crimes which I will not mention for they are two horrible to contemplate, but two of those were murders, committed many years ago. He is now in his sixties, and will be in prison for the rest of his life. Where he will experience no financial concerns, have food to eat, clothing provided, access to medical care, companionship, access to library facilities etc., a chaplain and psychiatrist on hand to talk to about internal struggles and concerns, free gym facilities and visiting rights. I do not consider that punishment!

This is not justice.

o_O
I try not to watch the news too much. They like to post about murderers as it gets them viewers. But it seems the news is full of murderers. I try to just skim past it and not give it too much attention. I find it's a trick that pushes me to judge people:

Matthew 6:14-15

King James Version

14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:

15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Charity.
You quoted a Scripture.
Then said to me it is frowned upon to hold such view.
Then said your view about a death penalty.

Can you clarify your whisper, of what exactly is frowned upon...?
The scripture you quoted?
Your death penalty view?
Or something else you did not identify?

Thanks.
Hi Taken,

My opinion concerning the need for a death penalty is what would be frowned upon.

Thank you

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

@devin553344
@Lambano

Thank you for adding your thoughts.

With the crime of murder it is not only the life of one person that is lost, but their posterity. A whole blood line could be lost in the death of one individual. So the life of one individual is a precious commodity, which can be taken in a moment. Family life is shattered for the family of the victim too, children left without a parent, or a sibling, a bread winner, a role model et., it is an horrendous crime.

The verses quoted above show what God says concerning the punishment for such a crime. Is He not more merciful that we? Is His forgiveness not greater than our own? Yet He states that the one who commits murder should himself be put to death.

:)

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Taken,

My opinion concerning the need for a death penalty is what would be frowned upon.

Thank you

Oh, okay, gotcha, thanks for clarifying.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

@devin553344
@Lambano

Thank you for adding your thoughts.

With the crime of murder it is not only the life of one person that is lost, but their posterity. A whole blood line could be lost in the death of one individual. So the life of one individual is a precious commodity, which can be taken in a moment. Family life is shattered for the family of the victim too, children left without a parent, or a sibling, a bread winner, a role model et., it is an horrendous crime.

The verses quoted above show what God says concerning the punishment for such a crime. Is He not more merciful that we? Is His forgiveness not greater than our own? Yet He states that the one who commits murder should himself be put to death.

There is killing. There is murdering.
There is a killer. There is a murderer.

It’s a fine line, that can easily be blurred...BECAUSE the result of either...
Killing or Murder...IS DEATH.

God kills. Men kill. God does not murder. Men do murder.
The fine line becomes more complicated...BECAUSE OF the result...ie DEATH.

A DEATH, effected by man...IS limited to the physical.
Men can Kill, murder a BODY, but can NOT kill, murder a soul, a spirit.

A DEATH, effected by God....IS both Spiritual and Physical.
...a living Physical thing can be Spiritually DEAD, while Physically ALIVE.
...a Physically DEAD thing can be Spiritually ALIVE, while Physically DEAD.

Multiple times men were expressly Directed BY God, TO KILL, men, women, children, animals, without regard to “pregnant” women being excluded.
Multiple times men expressly direct men BY men, TO KILL, men, women, children, animals.

*It’s a mysterious connotation, and remains mysterious, to people WHO, hear ABOUT GOD, but do NOT KNOW Him.
*It’s a disturbing connotation, when people WHO, are seated in authority and power positions and are dictating TO men, kill this, kill that....and their dictating motives, are personal GREED, and have nothing whatsoever TO DO, with Gods motives.

* The People at large, hang in the balance.
I have no issue with a JUST, Capital punishment...
...My issue is with INJUST Capital punishment...and the continual praising of a JUSTICE “SYSTEM”...that is well known to be infiltrated, operated, BY long sitting INJUST persons, reaping the effects of GREED, at the expense of an other’s hardship, sorrow, demise.

Glory to God,
Taken

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There is killing. There is murdering.
There is a killer. There is a murderer.

It’s a fine line, that can easily be blurred...BECAUSE the result of either...
Killing or Murder...IS DEATH.

God kills. Men kill. God does not murder. Men do murder.
The fine line becomes more complicated...BECAUSE OF the result...ie DEATH.

A DEATH, effected by man...IS limited to the physical.
Men can Kill, murder a BODY, but can NOT kill, murder a soul, a spirit.

A DEATH, effected by God....IS both Spiritual and Physical.
...a living Physical thing can be Spiritually DEAD, while Physically ALIVE.
...a Physically DEAD thing can be Spiritually ALIVE, while Physically DEAD.

Multiple times men were expressly Directed BY God, TO KILL, men, women, children, animals, without regard to “pregnant” women being excluded.
Multiple times men expressly direct men BY men, TO KILL, men, women, children, animals.

*It’s a mysterious connotation, and remains mysterious, to people WHO, hear ABOUT GOD, but do NOT KNOW Him.
*It’s a disturbing connotation, when people WHO, are seated in authority and power positions and are dictating TO men, kill this, kill that....and their dictating motives, are personal GREED, and have nothing whatsoever TO DO, with Gods motives.

* The People at large, hang in the balance.
I have no issue with a JUST, Capital punishment...
...My issue is with INJUST Capital punishment...and the continual praising of a JUSTICE “SYSTEM”...that is well known to be infiltrated, operated, BY long sitting INJUST persons, reaping the effects of GREED, at the expense of an other’s hardship, sorrow, demise.

Glory to God,
Taken
Hello @Taken,

Thank you. This is well thought out.

Yes, there is only One Who can judge justly, and one day He will do so.

With love in Christ Jesus
Chris

Reactions: Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @Taken,

Thank you. This is well thought out.

Yes, there is only One Who can judge justly, and one day He will do so.

With love in Christ Jesus
Chris

Amen Chris!

Wrongs / Righted....Corruption / Uncorrupted...
Old Forgotten / New Prevailing Forever.

Can not imagine such a thing without Gods Grace of having given us Faith.

Glory to God,
Taken

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hello @Taken,

Thank you.
Charity, does the UK not have the death penalty, then?

We do here in the States. "DPIC (Death Penalty Information Center) has continued to update the list, which as of October 1, 2020, documented 172 exonerations of persons who had been wrongly convicted and sentenced to death." The statistics are since 1993. "Official misconduct and perjury/false accusation (were) the leading causes of their wrongful convictions." Some unjust convictions were caught in time; sadly; some were not. "The Death Penalty Information Center (US) has published a partial listing of wrongful executions that, as of the end of 2020, identified 20 death-row prisoners who were 'executed but possibly innocent'. (Source: Wikipedia)

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Amen Chris!

Wrongs / Righted....Corruption / Uncorrupted...
Old Forgotten / New Prevailing Forever.

Can not imagine such a thing without Gods Grace of having given us Faith.

Glory to God,
Taken
Hello @Taken,

Living in this world as it is, and has been since the fall, it is hard to contemplate a world in which there is no corruption. Without faith it would be impossible to believe that this will come to pass.

'Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God,
wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved,
and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
Nevertheless we, according to His promise,
look for new heavens and a new earth,
wherein dwelleth righteousness.'

(2 Pet. 3:12-13)

Thank you.

Last edited:

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Charity, does the UK not have the death penalty, then?

We do here in the States. "DPIC (Death Penalty Information Center) has continued to update the list, which as of October 1, 2020, documented 172 exonerations of persons who had been wrongly convicted and sentenced to death." The statistics are since 1993. "Official misconduct and perjury/false accusation (were) the leading causes of their wrongful convictions." Some unjust convictions were caught in time; sadly; some were not. "The Death Penalty Information Center (US) has published a partial listing of wrongful executions that, as of the end of 2020, identified 20 death-row prisoners who were 'executed but possibly innocent'. (Source: Wikipedia)

Hi @Lambano,

No, the UK doesn't have the death penalty. Public execution was stopped in 1868 as too many people saw it as inhumane and it no longer acted as a deterrent to other criminals.

But was it instituted only as a means of deterring others from committing murder? (Deuteronomy 20:19-21) Was there not another reason? (In the case of the children of Israel, and the land God allowed them to inhabit, it was also a case of ridding the earth of pollution [Numbers 35:33-34], for the shedding of blood polluted the land). See Genesis 4:10.

Yes, it is horrible to think of someone being wrongly convicted, and God in His word to the children of Israel put in safeguards to prevent that occurring, didn't He?

Thank you.

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @Taken,

Living in this world as it is, and has been since the fall, it is hard to contemplate a world in which there is no corruption. Without faith it would be impossible to believe that this will come to pass.

'Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God,
wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved,
and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
Nevertheless we, according to His promise,
look for new heavens and a new earth,
wherein dwelleth righteousness.'

(2 Pet. 3:12-13)

Thank you.

Agree. We changed our lifestyle, paradigm a long time ago. Fortunate to both be on the same page. Funny in a way, that it seems the majority of people measure their success with how much money and credit they spend every month, and how much stuff they have they compare to everyone else, and how many drugs they take to cope with the stress....whereas we do the opposite.
Agree. Without faith, an individual, a couple are caught in a downward spiral, and the landing is not pretty.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'

Yes, it is horrible to think of someone being wrongly convicted, and God in His word to the children of Israel put in safeguards to prevent that occurring, didn't He?

Thank you.

Agree, and the worst is when it is discovered an innocent was wrongly convicted, it sometimes becomes covered up, rather than corrected. :(