Justification by Faith

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
'But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested,
.. being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
.... Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ
...... unto all and upon all them that believe:
for there is no difference:
.. For all have sinned,
.... and come short of the glory of God;
Being justified freely by His grace
.. through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
Whom God hath set forth
.. to be a propitiation through faith in His blood,
.... to declare His righteousness for the remission of sins that are past,
...... through the forbearance of God;
To declare, I say, at this time His righteousness:
.. that He might be just,
.... and the justifier of Him which believeth in Jesus.'

(Rom 3:21-26)

Hello there,

The believer is justified 'freely' by God's grace (unmerited favour) through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.

David spoke of it: as Paul tells us in Romans 4:6-8:-

'For what saith the scripture?
Abraham believed God,
and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
But to him that worketh not, but believeth on Him that justifieth the ungodly,
his faith is counted for righteousness.
Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man,
unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works, saying,

"Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven,
and whose sins are covered.
Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin."'

(Rom 4:3)

It was necessary that sin should be righteously dealt with, and that has been done, in Christ Jesus; but it is the glory of the gospel that the same love that prompted our redemption and our deliverance can provide gratuitously, freely and without cause (except in the great love of God Himself) 'a righteousness of God apart from law.'

Praise God for His wondrous grace!

In Christ Jesus
Chris

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested,
.. being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
.... Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ
...... unto all and upon all them that believe:
for there is no difference:
.. For all have sinned,
.... and come short of the glory of God;
Being justified freely by His grace
.. through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
Whom God hath set forth
.. to be a propitiation through faith in His blood,
.... to declare His righteousness for the remission of sins that are past,
...... through the forbearance of God;
To declare, I say, at this time His righteousness:
.. that He might be just,
.... and the justifier of Him which believeth in Jesus.'

(Rom 3:21-26)

Hello there,

The believer is justified 'freely' by God's grace (unmerited favour) through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.

David spoke of it: as Paul tells us in Romans 4:6-8:-

'For what saith the scripture?
Abraham believed God,
and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
But to him that worketh not, but believeth on Him that justifieth the ungodly,
his faith is counted for righteousness.
Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man,
unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works, saying,

"Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven,
and whose sins are covered.
Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin."'

(Rom 4:3)

It was necessary that sin should be righteously dealt with, and that has been done, in Christ Jesus; but it is the glory of the gospel that the same love that prompted our redemption and our deliverance can provide gratuitously, freely and without cause (except in the great love of God Himself) 'a righteousness of God apart from law.'

Praise God for His wondrous grace!

In Christ Jesus
Chris
Amen! Excellent post! :)

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
For all must come before the judgement seat of Christ to be judged for their works done while in the body, whether for good or for evil
Only those who are not in Him, wish seems to be the place where many want to be, something about wanting to boast of how good they are and all the good things that they have done. Which accounts for nothing in the scheme of things, unprofitable servants.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
work to make your calling and election sure though, so maybe hold on to the one and don't let go of the other or something?
'According as His divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness,
through the knowledge of Him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises:
that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature,

having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
For if these things be in you, and abound,
they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off,
and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure:
for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
Wherefore I will not be negligent to put you always in remembrance of these things,
though ye know them, and be established in the present truth.'

(2 Peter 1:3-12)

Hello @bbyrd009,

The calling and election referred to in 2 Peter 1:10 that you referred to, is found in verse 3, 'According as His divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him that hath called us to glory and virtue:' Those to whom Paul wrote were established in the truth they had received. They would not lose the promise of life that they had been given, for it was rooted in the promises of God: what they could lose was the glory and virtue that they had been called to, and it's reward of reigning with Christ in His Kingdom.
For all must come before the judgement seat of Christ to be judged for their works done while in the body, whether for good or for evil
'But why dost thou judge thy brother?
or why dost thou set at nought thy brother?
for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.'
(Rom 14:10-12)

'Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of Him.
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ;
that every one may receive the things done in His body,
according to that He hath done, whether it be good or bad.'

(2 Corinthians 5:9-10)

* Yes, the believers service will be judged, Paul as an Apostle, and minister of Christ was very conscious of this: but in 2 Timothy 4:7-8, he says:-

'I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness,
which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day:
and not to me only, but unto all them also that love His appearing.'

* Keeping the faith, being faithful and enduring to the end is the object. Holding fast the word that the believer has been given, and living accordingly. For there is no condemnation for the believer in the Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:1). What can be lost is the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Life is assured, but not the prize or crown of righteousness to lay at the Saviours feet, in His honour and for His glory.

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

theophilus

Nov 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This judgment is not to determine who is saved and who isn't. The only ones at this judgment will be Christians and the purpose is to determine what rewards they earned by their works after they were saved.

According to the grace of God given to me, like a skilled master builder I laid a foundation, and someone else is building upon it. Let each one take care how he builds upon it. For no one can lay a foundation other than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
Now if anyone builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw— each one's work will become manifest, for the Day will disclose it, because it will be revealed by fire, and the fire will test what sort of work each one has done.
If the work that anyone has built on the foundation survives, he will receive a reward. If anyone's work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but only as through fire.

1 Corinthians 3:10-15 ESV

Reactions: charity

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
'According as His divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness,
through the knowledge of Him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises:
that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature,

having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
For if these things be in you, and abound,
they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off,
and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure:
for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
Wherefore I will not be negligent to put you always in remembrance of these things,
though ye know them, and be established in the present truth.'

(2 Peter 1:3-12)

Hello @bbyrd009,

The calling and election referred to in 2 Peter 1:10 that you referred to, is found in verse 3, 'According as His divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him that hath called us to glory and virtue:' Those to whom Paul wrote were established in the truth they had received. They would not lose the promise of life that they had been given, for it was rooted in the promises of God: what they could lose was the glory and virtue that they had been called to, and it's reward of reigning with Christ in His Kingdom.

'But why dost thou judge thy brother?
or why dost thou set at nought thy brother?
for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.'
(Rom 14:10-12)

'Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of Him.
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ;
that every one may receive the things done in His body,
according to that He hath done, whether it be good or bad.'

(2 Corinthians 5:9-10)

* Yes, the believers service will be judged, Paul as an Apostle, and minister of Christ was very conscious of this: but in 2 Timothy 4:7-8, he says:-

'I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness,
which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day:
and not to me only, but unto all them also that love His appearing.'

* Keeping the faith, being faithful and enduring to the end is the object. Holding fast the word that the believer has been given, and living accordingly. For there is no condemnation for the believer in the Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:1). What can be lost is the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Life is assured, but not the prize or crown of righteousness to lay at the Saviours feet, in His honour and for His glory.

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris
ok, ty
then i reckon you and mjr have a difference to discuss, huh charity

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
This judgment is not to determine who is saved and who isn't. The only ones at this judgment will be Christians and the purpose is to determine what rewards they earned by their works after they were saved.
ha well then apparently yall professors got three diff povs that might need some ironing i guess? Lemme know who wins k

Last edited:

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
justification my favorite subject declared righteous /not guilty just as if we had never sinned by grace by the blood and by faith .then sanctified/ set a part being made Holy

Reactions: 101G

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i dont have to work it Christ did it for me
not saying that you're right or wrong, nor to get into a debate, but consider this, you're correct in that the work of Salvation is already done for us. we don't work to be save, but we work because we're saved. for every tree bring forth good fruit,
Matthew 7:15 "Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves."
Matthew 7:16 "Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?"
Matthew 7:17 "Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit."
Matthew 7:18 "A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit."
Matthew 7:19 "Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire."
Matthew 7:20 "Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them."
Matthew 7:21 "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven."
Matthew 7:22 "Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?"
Matthew 7:23 "And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

for all men work,
1 Corinthians 3:11 "For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ."
1 Corinthians 3:12 "Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;"
1 Corinthians 3:13 "Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is."
1 Corinthians 3:14 "If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward."
1 Corinthians 3:15 "If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire."

once saved, one work and bring forth GOOD fruit. (and a note on the work one do in christ, even if it's burned. fire destroy, but in so doing bring forth NEW CREATION, destroy the old, and make way for the new). no one in christ can loose... :cool:

PICJAG

Reactions: theophilus

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
i dont have to WORK FOR MY SALVATION works follows salvation not preceeds
and i am not disagreeing, Ezra, but that does not mean that you will not be judged for your works anyway, right? You are still doing works regardless, are you not? Picking up your cross is work, following is work, heck answering this post is a work, isnt it?
work while it is day, unless you are Ezra i guess?
justification my favorite subject declared righteous /not guilty just as if we had never sinned by grace by the blood and by faith .then sanctified/ set a part being made Holy
under the law virtually everything requires blood, huh Ezra

fwiw yall might contemplate "justification" as not necessarily a good thing, like "righteousness."

Last edited:
Reactions: stunnedbygrace

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

Only those who are not in Him

Yes, the believers service will be judged

The only ones at this judgment will be Christians
yall likin each others stuff enough up there, how bout you clarify your positions a little bit, bc i sure mean no offense here but at least one a yall obv lying, right? See i cant say "mistaken" bc youre all speaking in definitives, as if you knew; so that would be lying, among grownups.

Yall realize that you would be stoned to death under the law? That that is what you deserve? i hope yall take this in the spirit intended, ok, we're all basically anonymous, here on some backwater page, just talking, no harm no foul, all preachin to the choir, and you will be forgiven. But i gotta say man im mensa smart i guess and i sure wouldnt know anything better than "all" when the Bible says all

Last edited:

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and i am not disagreeing, Ezra, but that does not mean that you will not be judged for your works anyway, right? You are still doing works regardless, are you not? Picking up your cross is work, following is work, heck answering this post is a work, isnt it?
work while it is day, unless you are Ezra i guess?

under the law virtually everything requires blood, huh Ezra

fwiw yall might contemplate "justification" as not necessarily a good thing, like "righteousness."
i dont know what Bible you read .if you dismiss justified/justification your lost

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yall likin each others stuff enough up there, how bout you clarify your positions a little bit, bc i sure mean no offense here but at least one a yall obv lying, right? See i cant say "mistaken" bc youre all speaking in definitives, as if you knew; so that would be lying, among grownups.

Yall realize that you would be stoned to death under the law? That that is what you deserve? i hope yall take this in the spirit intended, ok, we're all basically anonymous, here on some backwater page, just talking, no harm no foul, all preachin to the choir, and you will be forgiven. But i gotta say man im mensa smart i guess and i sure wouldnt know anything better than "all" when the Bible says all
2 Timothy 2:23 Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels.
that is about what your post amounts to