Keep away

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
why 2 Cor 6:14 is good advice because not all fellowship is good - via google see [Tiqiyya] - twinc

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Tiqiyya should read Taqiyya - twinc

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
you should also explain that we have this concept in the Bible, and there is no need to understand Tiqiyya.

They are totally different. Taqiyya is permitted deception by denial of one's faith. There is nothing like it in Christianity.

Reactions: abbey

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's no edification to be had in this thread. Kids read these threads and this one leads to the wide gate. It should deleted for their sake.

Just saying...

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
They are totally different. Taqiyya is permitted deception by denial of one's faith. There is nothing like it in Christianity.
wadr i am sure you mean "denial of one's religion," which is different from denying your faith anyway, which is i guess where most of the confusion is coming from.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
There's no edification to be had in this thread. Kids read these threads and this one leads to the wide gate. It should deleted for their sake.

Just saying...
amen--if you wanna be islamophobic, you don't need to be manufacturing justifications for it as far as i at least am concerned. Not all fellowship is good, but that has nothing to do with Taqiyah. We have an epidemic of fake Muslims claiming they are Muslims, not real Muslims denying that they are Muslim lol. Wth already

Reactions: Job

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I'm confused by this thread in general.

What is the point being made in the OP? Is it not to trust Muslims because their religion permits them to lie?

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
your religion is your "beliefs," and "Love...believes all things."
Again I'm confused, the context of 1 Corinthians 13:7 is believing in people, or not being paranoid. Do you agree?

Reactions: bbyrd009

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The context of 1 Corinthians 13 is the importance of love and it's attributes.

abbey

Sep 2, 2017
tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Just saying...

Hi, I'm new here. I see this as an opportunity to reveal our faith in Jesus and why Jesus is the only way as opposed to all other religions, isn't this why Jesus said to study and know the scriptures. As his follower we should be able to shine his light of truth by utilizing scripture.

abbey

Sep 2, 2017
tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you should also explain that we have this concept in the Bible, and there is no need to understand Tiqiyya.

Can you point that out please in the bible where it teaches us that?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
ok, can't do it today though, it is basically a development of the "you would be forgiven for defending a family member with violence" thing. Understand that this is not going to be a way to vindicate violence/lying, it is more about forgiveness for sins committed under duress

abbey

Sep 2, 2017
tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok, can't do it today though, it is basically a development of the "you would be forgiven for defending a family member with violence" thing. Understand that this is not going to be a way to vindicate violence/lying, it is more about forgiveness for sins committed under duress

But the mistakes & actions that others have made, God never guided them to make those mistakes.

Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and now am here. I have not come on my own; but he sent me. Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. Yet because I tell the truth you do not believe me! Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don't you believe me? He who belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God."
John 8 42-47

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
But the mistakes & actions that others have made, God never guided them to make those mistakes.
true, but the point is the duress they are under, and you would want to be excused for things you have said under stress sometimes right. it's really about understanding and tolerance, imo. lying, not killing iow, under duress

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
ok, if you will go to this post
oh, i guess those are synonymous anyway if you read it right lol
you will also see another reflection of "it's ok to lie"--right above the post that clicking the quote banner to the right of "bbyrd009 said:" will take you to, where they "lie" by saying "something new every day," meaning "nothing new under the sun."
not duress, but further evidence for "be understanding" perhaps