Keep Your Eyes On Israel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
Jesus left no doubt about how accurate God’s Words are:

For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass away from the Law, until all is accomplished. Matthew 5:18

If God is the author of every word in the Bible, they are perfect and all prophecy will be fulfilled, then it’s not surprising to see that numbers used in the Bible are consistent from Genesis through Revelation.

For instance, when using the number 5, and/or multiples of 5, it always refers to grace. Jesus had 5 wounds on the cross. Almost all measurements in the Jewish Temple are multiples of 5.

Eight is the number of new beginnings—there were 8 people on the Ark and the 8th day of the week is a new week. Forty is the number of testing— Jesus fasted in the desert 40 days and Israel wandering in the wilderness for 40 years. Six is the number of man—as in 666.

But the most interesting of all the numbers is 7, God’s number He uses to indicate “completion.” There are 7 days in a week and there were 7 days in the creation week. Israel had 490 years assigned to her by the Lord…and 7 years are still left to be fulfilled in the future—called the “Tribulation” or “Time of Jacob’s trouble.”

Keep Your Eyes On Israel We know we’re very close to the end of the Church Age because Israel is being readied by God to again bring her and her land to the forefront of the world. Consider these fulfilled prophecies in the last 69 years:

1) In the latter days God would gather Israel back to her homeland after being scattered around the world. He did.

When I bring them back from the peoples and gather them from the lands of their enemies… Ezekiel 39:27

…I will take the sons of Israel from among the nations where they have gone, and I will gather them from every side and bring them into their own land; Ezekiel 37:21

2) Israel would return to their homeland as a pure race. She did.

And I heard the number of those who were sealed, one hundred and forty-four thousand sealed from every tribe of the sons of Israel: Revelation 7:4

3) Israel would take over her land in a day. She did.

Who has heard such a thing? Who has seen such things? Can a land be born in one day? Can a nation be brought forth all at once? Isaiah 66:8

4) Israel would have a mighty army. She does.

So I prophesied as He commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they came to life and stood on their feet, an exceedingly great army.” Ezekiel 37:10

5) Israel would have nuclear weapons. She does.

Now this will be the plague with which the LORD will strike all the peoples who have gone to war against Jerusalem; their flesh will rot while they stand on their feet, and their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongue will rot in their mouth. Zechariah 14:12 (Ezekiel 39:11-16)

6) The regathered nation would be a problem to the whole world. She is.

It will come about in that day that I will make Jerusalem a heavy stone for all the peoples; all who lift it will be severely injured. And all the nations of the earth will be gathered against it. Zechariah 12:3

7) Iran would be her enemy. They are.

Persia, … with shield and helmet; Ezekiel 38:5 (In 1932 Persia changed her name to Iran.)

Israel is in her “regathering” period, a length of time predetermined by God. It’s also called “The Time of God’s Patience.”(1)

So, for pure fun, how much time would you expect God to have predetermined for this period of time between Israel becoming a nation again and the start of the Tribulation?

Using God’s numbers as a guide, my guess is that it’s likely to be 70 years, God’s number for completion.

Seventy years from 1948 puts us at 2018. For the record, let me repeat, this is not a prediction, merely an observation or a guess based on God’s use of numbers in the past.

But you could just as well theorize that God might count 70 years from Israel’s takeover of Mount Moriah and the Temple Mount in the Old City of Jerusalem in 1967.

Or it could be anywhere in between. We don’t know for sure because the Rapture is a signless event. But Israel’s time clock is tick tick ticking. Keep your eyes on Israel!!

Any way you slice it, we’re definitely living in the last of the last days! How exciting that God has predetermined the day of our great titillating departure, and when it arrives, millions will be missing because we’ll have disappeared in the twinkling of an eye! Exactly as predetermined on God’s perfect schedule!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 24:28
For wherever the carcass is, there the eagles will be gathered together.

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
And now it is the pot calling the kettle black. No mysteries here, are there ? MMM >> mysteries<<>> I see your not happy what I have threaded MM and why? but whats your point? >>why because your lost and mad>>why>no Idea but your mad!!> that's it!>>> Ok >> lets talk!>> Hi >A >> ????

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And now it is the pot calling the kettle black. No mysteries here, are there ? MMM >> mysteries<<>> I see your not happy what I have threaded MM and why? but whats your point? >>why because your lost and mad>>why>no Idea but your mad!!> that's it!>>> Ok >> lets talk!>> Hi >A >> ????
I am happy with what God hath done! Should I need more?

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
The modern nation of Israel
When the modern nation of Israel was founded in 1948, it was established as a haven for Jews. Some have mistakenly assumed that because its founders chose the name Israel, this nation is now home for all of the descendants of ancient Israel. Several passages in the Bible make it clear that the modern nation of Israel does not represent all of the ancient Israelites.

First, we must realize that the Bible speaks of Abraham’s descendants as being an extremely large number of people—“as the sand of the sea” (Genesis 32:12). With the modern nation of Israel’s population approaching 8 million, compared to the earth’s current population of approximately 7 billion, the belief that the modern nation of Israel represents all of Abraham’s descendants doesn’t adequately respect or do justice to the promise God made to this patriarch.

Furthermore, Abraham’s descendant Ephraim was prophesied to “become a multitude of nations”; and his brother, Manasseh, a “great” nation (Genesis 48:19). Again, the modern nation of Israel has not fulfilled these biblical prophecies.

Reactions: DAH

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Israel and Judah reunited
While delivering prophecies to the ancient peoples of Israel and Judah of the upcoming demise of their nations because of their disobedience to God’s law, several prophets also spoke of a time of restoration after Christ returns to establish the Kingdom of God here on earth.

Jeremiah wrote: “‘In those days and in that time,’ says the LORD, ‘the children of Israel shall come, they and the children of Judah together; with continual weeping they shall come, and seek the LORD their God. They shall ask the way to Zion, with their faces toward it, saying, “Come and let us join ourselves to the LORD in a perpetual covenant that will not be forgotten”’” (Jeremiah 50:4-5). This prophecy speaks of both Israel and Judah jointly coming to God.

More explicitly via the use of a visual aid, God revealed through Ezekiel His plan to unite the two nations. “‘As for you, son of man, take a stick for yourself and write on it: “For Judah and for the children of Israel, his companions.” Then take another stick and write on it, “For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel, his companions.” Then join them one to another for yourself into one stick, and they will become one in your hand.

“‘And when the children of your people speak to you, saying, “Will you not show us what you mean by these?”—say to them, “Thus says the Lord GOD: ‘Surely I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel, his companions; and I will join them with it, with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they will be one in My hand.’” … Then say to them, “Thus says the Lord GOD: ‘Surely I will take the children of Israel from among the nations, wherever they have gone, and will gather them from every side and bring them into their own land; and I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king over them all; they shall no longer be two nations, nor shall they ever be divided into two kingdoms again’”’” (Ezekiel 37:16-19, 21-22).

The descendants of the ancient Israelites who had been part of the ancient nations of Israel and Judah will be reunited. They will once again be one nation.

Israel and Judah: When Will They Be Reunited?

DAH

Apr 12, 2018
Northern CA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus left no doubt about how accurate God’s Words are:

For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass away from the Law, until all is accomplished. Matthew 5:18

If God is the author of every word in the Bible, they are perfect and all prophecy will be fulfilled, then it’s not surprising to see that numbers used in the Bible are consistent from Genesis through Revelation.

For instance, when using the number 5, and/or multiples of 5, it always refers to grace. Jesus had 5 wounds on the cross. Almost all measurements in the Jewish Temple are multiples of 5.

Eight is the number of new beginnings—there were 8 people on the Ark and the 8th day of the week is a new week. Forty is the number of testing— Jesus fasted in the desert 40 days and Israel wandering in the wilderness for 40 years. Six is the number of man—as in 666.

But the most interesting of all the numbers is 7, God’s number He uses to indicate “completion.” There are 7 days in a week and there were 7 days in the creation week. Israel had 490 years assigned to her by the Lord…and 7 years are still left to be fulfilled in the future—called the “Tribulation” or “Time of Jacob’s trouble.”

Keep Your Eyes On Israel We know we’re very close to the end of the Church Age because Israel is being readied by God to again bring her and her land to the forefront of the world. Consider these fulfilled prophecies in the last 69 years:

1) In the latter days God would gather Israel back to her homeland after being scattered around the world. He did.

When I bring them back from the peoples and gather them from the lands of their enemies… Ezekiel 39:27

…I will take the sons of Israel from among the nations where they have gone, and I will gather them from every side and bring them into their own land; Ezekiel 37:21

2) Israel would return to their homeland as a pure race. She did.

And I heard the number of those who were sealed, one hundred and forty-four thousand sealed from every tribe of the sons of Israel: Revelation 7:4

3) Israel would take over her land in a day. She did.

Who has heard such a thing? Who has seen such things? Can a land be born in one day? Can a nation be brought forth all at once? Isaiah 66:8

4) Israel would have a mighty army. She does.

So I prophesied as He commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they came to life and stood on their feet, an exceedingly great army.” Ezekiel 37:10

5) Israel would have nuclear weapons. She does.

Now this will be the plague with which the LORD will strike all the peoples who have gone to war against Jerusalem; their flesh will rot while they stand on their feet, and their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongue will rot in their mouth. Zechariah 14:12 (Ezekiel 39:11-16)

6) The regathered nation would be a problem to the whole world. She is.

It will come about in that day that I will make Jerusalem a heavy stone for all the peoples; all who lift it will be severely injured. And all the nations of the earth will be gathered against it. Zechariah 12:3

7) Iran would be her enemy. They are.

Persia, … with shield and helmet; Ezekiel 38:5 (In 1932 Persia changed her name to Iran.)

Israel is in her “regathering” period, a length of time predetermined by God. It’s also called “The Time of God’s Patience.”(1)

So, for pure fun, how much time would you expect God to have predetermined for this period of time between Israel becoming a nation again and the start of the Tribulation?

Using God’s numbers as a guide, my guess is that it’s likely to be 70 years, God’s number for completion.

Seventy years from 1948 puts us at 2018. For the record, let me repeat, this is not a prediction, merely an observation or a guess based on God’s use of numbers in the past.

But you could just as well theorize that God might count 70 years from Israel’s takeover of Mount Moriah and the Temple Mount in the Old City of Jerusalem in 1967.

Or it could be anywhere in between. We don’t know for sure because the Rapture is a signless event. But Israel’s time clock is tick tick ticking. Keep your eyes on Israel!!

Any way you slice it, we’re definitely living in the last of the last days! How exciting that God has predetermined the day of our great titillating departure, and when it arrives, millions will be missing because we’ll have disappeared in the twinkling of an eye! Exactly as predetermined on God’s perfect schedule!

You note "3) Israel would take over her land in a day. She did.

Who has heard such a thing? Who has seen such things? Can a land be born in one day? Can a nation be brought forth all at once? Isaiah 66:8"

Curious - where in the Bible, or historically for Israel, does it says that God would reward Israel with a sliver of land that it was promised, be kept away from their Temple, and come into their land as a nation who STILL denies their Messiah?

1948 is a Historical truth - a great moment in history and without precedence for certain....but it is unlikely that it is Isaiah 66:8. When has God rewarded His people, Israel, for unbelief? The full of Israel and their promised land is still not reunited and the events of 1948 are doubtfully a reward from God for a nation filled with at least three different religions - the minority being Christian.

Religious makeup, 2016 (Central Bureau of Statistics)
Group Population %
Jews 6,446,100 74.71%
Muslims 1,524,000 17.66%
Christians 168,300 1.95%
Druze 139,300 1.61%
Other/unknown 350,900 4.07%

http://galenet.galegroup.com/images/itkids/pct/00225987.jpg

We do not reside in a time of prophecy - the prophetic program of the Kingdom of God on earth will begin again, after the Church, the Body of Christ, is removed. We live in the Mystery age of the Gospel of Grace, not included in any prophecy (spoken or written), as the Bible tells us it was kept secret since the world began. Prophecy is for Israel - and today there is no Jew or Gentile, we are one - made twain by God. When we are gone, caught up, Israel's prophetic program begins again. Signs are for Israel and the Gentile by wisdom:

1 Corinthians 1:22
(KJV Strong's)
22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:

If we live in an age where there is no Jew or Gentile - but we are one...which the Bible tells us (Gal 3:28, Col 3:11, Rom 10:12), then there is no Jew and no signs being revealed to them in this age. The Jew returns when the Church is gone, at which time Israel is brought home as a believing nation to God, not a partially believing nation sharing a tiny portion of its promise land and still rejecting God.