King James Version Bible vs. Modern English Perversions

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Feb 13, 2018
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A KING JAMES VERSION SERMON:

- Hebrews 4:12 (KJV)

- Psalm 12:6-7 (KJV)

Notice the word "preserve", meaning God's word is already present in our times.

- Galatians 1:6-7 (of 1:1-12) (KJV)

Notice "of Christ", meaning sadly there are trying Christians attracted by the overwhelming affection of Christ, only to be misled by a Gospel that is not "of Christ"

- 2 Corinthians 11:3-4 (KJV)

Scriptural changes differing in meaning broadly spread through the many so called, "modern English Bible Translations" published since the King James Version Bible (KJV) or its birth in 1611 as the Authorized Version (AV).

Here is our History:
The Authorized Version: Translated from the Textus Receptus and finished in 1611; Through God's will a breakthrough for the Protestant Reformation, for Christian believers with beliefs protestant to the Roman Catholic Church; Later revised as the King James Version Bible.

The MOST respected Bible, standing out as a strong spiritual asset.
The one and only true word of God (in the English Language).
The Holy Bible.

- Proverbs 30:5-6 (KJV)

Pre 1611 (Old Testament):
Was known to be in the Hebrew Language.

Pre 1611 (New Testament):
Before year 1611, The New Testament was present on earth in the Greek language; in texts known as the Textus Receptus, Yet, not yet translated into the English Language.

.............................................................................................

Pre 1611 English Bible translations (To solve confusion):
These books were not known to be as spiritually profitable, but are very evident that the puritan reformer group in their day were not happy with Catholicism and the Roman Catholic Church, desperate and determined for liberty in faith.

Last edited:
B

Butterfly

I have noticed that many people go for the King James Version because they believe it is the ' true ' word- however a few years ago I started reading a history of ' the bible ' and did you know that King James himself changed a few words because he did not want to lose his power as King with the people.
I really need to finish the book ( on the history ) but I found it interesting that this version , which is given such high esteem, was not without its issues with translation.
Butterfly

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I only use teh KJ but depending on who printed it, even between itself there are changes, has to be its now copyright, Gods word cannot be made copyright. Teh only truth is in Jesus available to all who seek after Him,

Reactions: Rollo Tamasi

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I find it depressing that Christians so dispise the integrity and ability of Chriostian linguists, impling that they cannot accuratly interpret Gods word from Greek, Hebrew and other biblical languages into English using every available manuscript.

The claim that God spoke to mankind via a sacred languge is one the RC church made to prevent the translation of the bible into common langauges, so it is strange that this same claim is made by the KJ onlyists sect.

Reactions: bbyrd009
Feb 13, 2018
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find it depressing that Christians so dispise the integrity and ability of Chriostian linguists, impling that they cannot accuratly interpret Gods word from Greek, Hebrew and other biblical languages into English using every available manuscript.

The claim that God spoke to mankind via a sacred languge is one the RC church made to prevent the translation of the bible into common langauges, so it is strange that this same claim is made by the KJ onlyists sect.

Expound more on this sacred language, I have never heard of anything of the sort.

Feb 13, 2018
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have noticed that many people go for the King James Version because they believe it is the ' true ' word- however a few years ago I started reading a history of ' the bible ' and did you know that King James himself changed a few words because he did not want to lose his power as King with the people.
I really need to finish the book ( on the history ) but I found it interesting that this version , which is given such high esteem, was not without its issues with translation.
Butterfly

With the reputation and spiritual asset that I receive from my Bible is too overwhelming to be confound by a deal breaking decision gone wrong because I don't know the reason for the actions of a all knowing being.

- The King James Version Bible will for ever stand, a translation totally published by the works of God himself. Every element I fully promise.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Expound more on this sacred language, I have never heard of anything of the sort.

Simple by saying that only a 16 centuary set of texts and language are valid one is impling that other later translations are not valid and that we should use 16th centuary languade in worship.

That makes it a sacred language, you won't have heard about it because it makes kj only sound silly.

B

Butterfly

With the reputation and spiritual asset that I receive from my Bible is too overwhelming to be confound by a deal breaking decision gone wrong because I don't know the reason for the actions of a all knowing being.

- The King James Version Bible will for ever stand, a translation totally published by the works of God himself. Every element I fully promise.
I do not doubt that the KJ bible was published through the works of God, what I relayed was the reality that King James himself influenced that translation, even if it was with only a few words. He still ' added ' an emphasis in order to not lose status in the eyes of his people. In other words, HE changed something himself - not inspired, but out of fear of losing power in some way.
I think it is sad when Christian believe that God is bound by one version - The Holy Spirit is so much bigger than that
So what about the NKJV - I presume that is on the ' no go ' list as well !
Butterfly

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

KJVBO: How did you arrive at this bold statement? Do you actually compare the KJV (versions) with other earlier and later English translated Bibles? Have you found differences in the translations or transliterations of word and even phrases? I have about 30 Bibles at hand and I've discovered over several decades that there are many difference and the KJV has also used incorrect words and phrases - along with all of them. To where it can really change meanings. The KJV does not stand out as a gold standard, to where the translators were not biased. I would be very happy to discuss all this with you if you want.

Yes, the Bible is still the inspired word of God then it was altered innocently and deliberately by a few key players.

Bless you,

APAK

Reactions: Helen

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes I forget that everyone doesn' know this...
Take Psalm 46....count down to the 46th word.
Then, count up from the bottom to the 46th word.

What you get is King James' homage to William Shakespear...
Who was 46 at the time of the writing of the KJV.

Says it all.

Reactions: ScottA and bbyrd009

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, addressing the Op only. I believe that the word of God is inspired, and is preserved. yes, that what he inspired is preserved. and two I believe that the KJV is the best translation out there.

but, but, and another but, if anything with man involved, mistakes happen. and the KJV is no exception. the translators of our English speaking bible, the Marosites changes a few words, but not to the point of God words are in question.

I use the KJV but with the Holy Ghost. I came across an ERROR, not in God word, but in translation, and God the Holy Spirit brought the error to light.

in contradiction, I have found NONE, as said in translation only one so far.

PCY

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
of course its 'no go', look at the scriptural differences in;
- Matt. 20:20
- Acts 12:4

I'm sticking with King James Only.

Welcome

That is the safest thing to do. I wouldn't say I am King James only, but I believe the King James is the best translation we have. Most all modern translations are based on the minority texts whereas the King James is based on the majority texts. I would not be opposed to another translation if it was translated from the majority texts also. But even then I doubt any could better the King James.

This can be a long and tedious debate.

Stranger

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands

wadr you speak for God, and you make promises that you cannot keep

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
KJVBO: How did you arrive at this bold statement? Do you actually compare the KJV (versions) with other earlier and later English translated Bibles? Have you found differences in the translations or transliterations of word and even phrases? I have about 30 Bibles at hand and I've discovered over several decades that there are many difference and the KJV has also used incorrect words and phrases - along with all of them. To where it can really change meanings. The KJV does not stand out as a gold standard, to where the translators were not biased. I would be very happy to discuss all this with you if you want.

Yes, the Bible is still the inspired word of God then it was altered innocently and deliberately by a few key players.

Bless you,

APAK

That's misleading, because all Bible versions have mistranslation errors in them, and the more modern NT translations aren't even from the majority texts which the early Church used, but instead are from the Alexandrian texts from the Alexandria, Egypt school with those like Origen who were subject to pagan gnosticism and surrounding esoterica in Egypt. And the Alexandrian texts are smaller in number of copies and not as worn, showing they were not often used. The texts most used by the early Church were the Majority Texts, and they made up the majority of Greek manuscripts texts in existence, literally. That is what the KJV translators used for the KJV New Testament. More modern NT's used the Alexandrian texts.

B

Butterfly

of course its 'no go', look at the scriptural differences in;
- Matt. 20:20
- Acts 12:4

I'm sticking with King James Only.
So, the words are different in those passages, but the context and meaning remains the same.
This is why I often use different translations.
Any how, its of no matter to me- we are all free to choose and if you choose to just use the KJV that's absolutely fine.
Any reason why you did not answer my other questions?
Butterfly

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Butterfly

Yes, you are right...
But even then, I find it the best of all..For me....I learned so much by heart 50 years ago...so it is the only one that is "within me". :)
I've tried others but I find they have been changed too much for me.

Hey, nothing is perfect... and man has had his finger in there as usual..and change things to suit their own belief system. But, God knows that too.

I love the "poetic flow" of the KJV. x

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sometimes I forget that everyone doesn' know this...
Take Psalm 46....count down to the 46th word.
Then, count up from the bottom to the 46th word.

What you get is King James' homage to William Shakespear...
Who was 46 at the time of the writing of the KJV.

Says it all.

Haha! That sounds like the things that go round and round on Facebook.
It sounds good..but I wonder how long it took someone to come up with that.
Bless you...H

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
GINOLJC, addressing the Op only. I believe that the word of God is inspired, and is preserved. yes, that what he inspired is preserved. and two I believe that the KJV is the best translation out there.

but, but, and another but, if anything with man involved, mistakes happen. and the KJV is no exception. the translators of our English speaking bible, the Marosites changes a few words, but not to the point of God words are in question.

I use the KJV but with the Holy Ghost. I came across an ERROR, not in God word, but in translation, and God the Holy Spirit brought the error to light.

in contradiction, I have found NONE, as said in translation only one so far.

PCY

Good post.
Dare we say it is the one with the most anointing upon it?
It is for me :)

But, any reader who do not read it with the Holy Spirit are hurting themselves.
Yes, any bible that contains God word is inspired ( except I would dare to say 'The Message'....which is not a translation but one mans interpretation ..at least all others have had many men helping to translate.... but I can't tell my elder daughter that, as she loves it! Ha! )

Bless you...H