• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Feb 13, 2018
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A KING JAMES VERSION SERMON:

- Hebrews 4:12 (KJV)
- Psalm 12:6-7 (KJV)
Notice the word "preserve", meaning God's word is already present in our times.

- Galatians 1:6-7 (of 1:1-12) (KJV)
Notice "of Christ", meaning sadly there are trying Christians attracted by the overwhelming affection of Christ, only to be misled by a Gospel that is not "of Christ"

- 2 Corinthians 11:3-4 (KJV)

Scriptural changes differing in meaning broadly spread through the many so called, "modern English Bible Translations" published since the King James Version Bible (KJV) or its birth in 1611 as the Authorized Version (AV).

Here is our History:
The Authorized Version: Translated from the Textus Receptus and finished in 1611; Protestant Reformation for Christian believers with beliefs protestant to the Roman Catholic Church; Later revised as the King James Version Bible.

The MOST respected Bible, standing out as a strong spiritual asset.
The one and only true word of God (in the English Language).
The Holy Bible.

- Proverbs 30:5-6 (KJV)

Pre 1611 (Old Testament):

Was known to be in the Hebrew Language.

Pre 1611 (New Testament):
Before year 1611, The New Testament was present on earth in the Greek language; in texts known as the Textus Receptus, Yet, not yet translated into the English Language.
Pre 1611 English Bible translations (To solve confusion):
These books were not known to be as spiritually profitable, but are very evident that the puritan reformer group in their day were not happy with Catholicism and the Roman Catholic Church, desperate and determined for liberty in faith.

Reactions: prashanthd

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The only truth is in Christ Jesus, and all the studying in the world will never get you any closer to Him than you are now, no matter which bible you read, they have "all" being corrupted by men. Revelation truth and understanding come from God, if you should choose to seek it, everything else is knowledge purely for the sake of "boasting". Which is why this topic will go no where, it proves nothing except how corrupt men are.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only truth is in Christ Jesus, and all the studying in the world will never get you any closer to Him than you are now, no matter which bible you read, they have "all" being corrupted by men. Revelation truth and understanding come from God, if you should choose to seek it, everything else is knowledge purely for the sake of "boasting". Which is why this topic will go no where, it proves nothing except how corrupt men are.

That thinking of course is very wrong, and not according to Christian doctrine from Christ and His Apostles.

By study in all of God's Word is how we begin to 'know' God and His existence.

Matt 4:3-4
3 And when the tempter came to Him, he said, "If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread."

4 But He answered and said, "It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."

KJV

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That thinking of course is very wrong, and not according to Christian doctrine from Christ and His Apostles.
No it is not, you wont find life in that book, it only points you to the one in whom is our life, Jesus Christ. How many languages do you need to study to discover" I am the way the truth and the Life says the Lord". Study all you like you wont know Him any better than you do now neither will you get any closer to Him than you are now. You exist is that not proof enough of Gods existence. what about all teh other religions they have there "bible" does that prove there gods exist. Look out your window, there is the evidence.

Joh_6:33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.
Joh_6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.
Joh_6:48 I am that bread of life.

if you want to know the bible study the bible it all you will ever know, if you want to know Jesus, than talk to Him, like God He is not deaf, unlike all the other gods of this world.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Word of God was preached first by those sent directly from God, and then by others sent preaching the Holy Writ put down in letters by those first sent by God...

Rom 10:13-17
13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

14 How then shall they call on Him in Whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in Him of Whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, 'How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!'

16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, 'Lord, who hath believed our report?'

17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
KJV

prashanthd

Aug 16, 2013
Hyderabad, India
Faith
Christian
Country
India
It is difficult to translate every word from another language, such as ancient Hebrew to English, word-to-word accurately. We have our regional language here derived form Sanskrit. I've observed, no matter how hard we try, there are some words or phrases which cannot have accurate translation in English language. I also know that Oxford Dictionary borrows words from other languages, in case they become popular or they do not have accurate translation in English language. There are already a quite a number of words from Indian languages popularly used in English language. Some say this is the reason why English is called a "living language". :D Either this is a plus point of English language or a shortcoming, but this is English language.

KJV is the most nearing accurate translation of the Holy Bible. No matter how hard people try to counter it, it still continues to remain well known. As long as it is the will of God, KJV will continue to be a version to depend on for many across the world.

Reactions: amadeus

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
All translation of the original texts are fallible. All translations contain errors which clouds our understanding of who God is and His recorded word. However, the translations of the original texts into the common language of any particular people group is still the best means by which people can begin their walk learning about the God of this universe.

Any argument about which translation is the most reliable to use is an argument in futility as each translation tends to reflect the traditions of previous translation attempts and the majority theological points of view of the committee members involved in the translation.

I have found that the Holy Spirit prompts me to question the translation of passages of scripture that I may be studying and to delve deeper into the original text to validate what has been translated and many times, I have discovered a very different understanding of the original text, than what the translation I am reading, conveys.

A recent case in point, is Matthew 27:54 where words with the embedded Greek Root G:4578 is translated as "earthquake," whereas, I was lead to consider that this particular Greek word was indicating that there were a number of great "turmoil(s)" in the city of Jerusalem during the day of his crucifixion and at the time of his resurrection that convinced the centurion that indeed, "Christ was the Son of God."

How important is the need to correct every error in our understanding of the original text translations when even we, in attempting to correct the translation also may introduce another error.

Sadly, the errors have become embedded into our understanding of the Bibles. There in lies our dilemma. The correct means that people have to change the basis of their understanding and that change is often very difficult for many people to accept.

Shalom

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Jay Ross Best explanation ever, but wont stop people arguing over which word of God is the Word of God and ignore the one who is.