King of the Forum

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's 7:55 AM and I'm the only one online.
Therefore, I declare myself "King of the Forum"
I'll make Breadman man my right hand man, my lieutenent
Need to keep discipline around here.

Reactions: Helen

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rollo:
Conformity and discipline are great things for most children and young adults. The narcistic disciplinarians however get carried away and want to keep your mind and body in their vice, in a prison of guilt and shame as adults, for life. Religions do a great job at it. They try to hook you in for life. Like a drug or a really bad habit, that make you gamble on things like salvation, life and death.

APAK

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rollo:
Conformity and discipline are great things for most children and young adults. The narcistic disciplinarians however get carried away and want to keep your mind and body in their vice, in a prison of guilt and shame as adults, for life. Religions do a great job at it. They try to hook you in for life. Like a drug or a really bad habit, that make you gamble on things like salvation, life and death.

APAK
What?
Are you bucking for a position on my team?

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm too much are a talker carrying some non-mainstream ideas at times. I might not conform that well....to at least one member of your team;)

Reactions: Helen

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The mind-melt technique might work....introduce the refreshing concept of understanding scripture without the Catechism, and w/o the oral and written teachings of early pagans....

Reactions: bbyrd009

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The mind-melt technique might work....introduce the refreshing concept of understanding scripture without the Catechism, and w/o the oral and written teachings of early pagans....
I feel love is the answer.
If you love someone enough, they can't stay being bad to you.
Of course there's always the exception, but I'm not giving up.

Reactions: pia

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did actually did have a very positive exchange of ideas with BOL recently..concerning the spirt driving the flesh and the insignificance of rituals etc. .I believe you are right...love is true

Didn't I see you wearing bell-bottoms in a pic..a flower child of the late 60s or early 70s? That kind of love I guess was quite different.

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did actually did have a very positive exchange of ideas with BOL recently..concerning the spirt driving the flesh and the insignificance of rituals etc. .I believe you are right...love is true

Didn't I see you wearing bell-bottoms in a pic..a flower child of the late 60s or early 70s? That kind of love I guess was quite different.
That was rebellion and drug use, 22 years old, a year or so out of Viet Nam

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was rebellion and drug use, 22 years old, a year or so out of Viet Nam

Yeah,,,I sign-up later, in 1972,,,I'm glad my nearly-a-vice in this area of drugs was very short-lived....saw a lot of good folks suffer in front of me because of it. When I came over to the States I started to go to school in Manhattan from the Jersey side...saw quite a bit of pain from in-country VN folks. One was my best buddy, 6 years my elder...smoked like a chimney and drank black coffee like out of fire hydrant...he later ODed in late 70s on prescribed drugs while working in a hospital.....he was my best friend,,,I still miss him a great deal today.

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah,,,I sign-up later, in 1972,,,I'm glad my nearly-a-vice in this area of drugs was very short-lived....saw a lot of good folks suffer in front of me because of it. When I came over to the States I started to go to school in Manhattan from the Jersey side...saw quite a bit of pain from in-country VN folks. One was my best buddy, 6 years my elder...smoked like a chimney and drank black coffee like out of fire hydrant...he later ODed in late 70s on prescribed drugs while working in a hospital.....he was my best friend,,,I still miss him a great deal today.
Yeah, a lot of stuff I don't talk about

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It's 7:55 AM and I'm the only one online.
Therefore, I declare myself "King of the Forum"
I'll make Breadman man my right hand man, my lieutenent
Need to keep discipline around here.

Well I think @bbyrd009 should be on your team too. He is pretty amazing in that he hasn't been here very long ( 16months) and he is "almost" the one with the most posts on the site! Just a thousand posts behind Angelina who has been here since 2011.
So I nominate him for your team. :)

Reactions: amadeus and pia

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Well I think @bbyrd009 should be on your team too. He is pretty amazing in that he hasn't been here very long ( 16months) and he is "almost" the one with the most posts on the site! Just a thousand posts behind Angelina who has been here since 2011.
So I nominate him for your team. :)
narf

Reactions: pia and Helen

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Or we could learn to do what Jesus told us to......to 'listen', to receive His Holy Spirit to lead us and guide us, and get the Truth, directly from the source of all Truth......Just sayin :)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Or we could learn to do what Jesus told us to......to 'listen', to receive His Holy Spirit to lead us and guide us, and get the Truth, directly from the source of all Truth......Just sayin :)
i agree there, but Pneuma should agree with Rhema i think? So iow any conflicts should be reflected in Rhema, and be resolvable There too imo. Pneuma Word should be able to withstand the fire of critique, imo; otherwise how might you test it?

Of course practically no one spends 3 years alone with Rhema first, after a profession experience, i guess. That's like, what, 7500 hours or something? For a part-timer, 8 hours a day? Not sure i'm at 7500 hours after 40 years lol. Took a long time to find "Jesus of Nazareth" = "John Doe, from Nowhere," and what that means for me/us

Reactions: pia

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Visions of Elvis going to Washington.