Kingdom of God vs Religious Church of man

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
The church today has become a institution and a cooporation of ethics and morals. Man has made the church a religion instead of a lifestyle. Man has implemented rules and regulations that stifle God's action and manifestation in the believer's life. Traditions of men and earlthy doctrines oppose the holy writ of God. We have become comfortable with just coming to church and keeping the word for ourselves. Some of us do not even retain the word of God! You gain information but there is no comprehension or impartation. There is no desire and fire to learn more of God and our precious salvation in Jesus the Christ. Coming to Sunday School, bible study, prayer meeting and even doing your own bible study has fallen away.

The problem is we are teaching useless doctrine and not the message of the Kingdom of God! Jesus preached the coming of the kingdom of God. We are not supposed to be just church ministers but Kingdom Ambassadors! He has called us to spread the gospel of the Kingdom of God to the world (greek. cosmos) not to the terraforum (earth). We are called to proclaim to systems, nations, kingdoms, powers and authorities the Kingdom of God! We have to put on the whole armor of God and war with the enemy. We have systems and kingdoms subjected to us by our King- High Priest Jesus the Christ. We do not need to rejoice by this but we need to be aware of it. We are more than conquerors we not only conquer but we set up and legislate the land we conquer. We have the power to enforce the decrees given to us by God. We also have the power to declare the works of God. As kingdom citizens we are called to be leaders and ambassadors of the gospel of the kingdom.

Why are we stuck in a religious attitude and reject the Spiritual life and power of the Kingdom of God?
Jesus our King & High Priest has comissioned us to carry on His work to walk in the power He has given us. We have the keys to the kingdom of Heaven. Meaning whatever we allow in the world to happen God allows it and whatever we allow in the Spirit realm God allows it! He has given us power (exousia) why don't we use it??
Can someone explain? More so can someone help take action to move the church from religion to Kingdom expansion?

Alethos

Mar 8, 2011
Melbourne Australia
The church today has become a institution and a cooporation of ethics and morals. Man has made the church a religion instead of a lifestyle. Man has implemented rules and regulations that stifle God's action and manifestation in the believer's life. Traditions of men and earlthy doctrines oppose the holy writ of God. We have become comfortable with just coming to church and keeping the word for ourselves. Some of us do not even retain the word of God! You gain information but there is no comprehension or impartation. There is no desire and fire to learn more of God and our precious salvation in Jesus the Christ. Coming to Sunday School, bible study, prayer meeting and even doing your own bible study has fallen away.

The problem is we are teaching useless doctrine and not the message of the Kingdom of God! Jesus preached the coming of the kingdom of God. We are not supposed to be just church ministers but Kingdom Ambassadors! He has called us to spread the gospel of the Kingdom of God to the world (greek. cosmos) not to the terraforum (earth). We are called to proclaim to systems, nations, kingdoms, powers and authorities the Kingdom of God! We have to put on the whole armor of God and war with the enemy. We have systems and kingdoms subjected to us by our King- High Priest Jesus the Christ. We do not need to rejoice by this but we need to be aware of it. We are more than conquerors we not only conquer but we set up and legislate the land we conquer. We have the power to enforce the decrees given to us by God. We also have the power to declare the works of God. As kingdom citizens we are called to be leaders and ambassadors of the gospel of the kingdom.

Why are we stuck in a religious attitude and reject the Spiritual life and power of the Kingdom of God?
Jesus our King & High Priest has comissioned us to carry on His work to walk in the power He has given us. We have the keys to the kingdom of Heaven. Meaning whatever we allow in the world to happen God allows it and whatever we allow in the Spirit realm God allows it! He has given us power (exousia) why don't we use it??
Can someone explain? More so can someone help take action to move the church from religion to Kingdom expansion?

Hi UHCAIan,
I understand and agree with the thrust of your comments, however, should you wish to season them with a little salt :) I personally would like to see more of Gods Words quoted, not to support your ideas, but to reveal His Truth. It would be remiss of me not to provide a suggestion:

James 5:8 speaks of the power of his coming (parousia), when in Ad 70 he brought the Roman army down upon Jerusalem and destroyed the city with fire. Of course many wise and prudent Christians heeded the Masters warning and fled to Pella. I will not treat you with ignorance in this matter, as I know your understanding of Christians history is sound. However, a great deal of exhortational material can be gleaned from the Masters warnings, especially in regards to his coming in preparation for the Kingdom which is upon us.

The answer to your question with Scripture....speaking of the Churches today...Hosea 4:6

People are not opening the word for themselves Psa 119:130

In the Masters service

Alethos

Alethos

Mar 8, 2011
Melbourne Australia
Change yourself and the world changes around you...

1 Peter 2:17...Robbie, we must teach those to search the Scriptures daily. For even the enemies of Jesus studied them every day and believed that in them, they had eternal life John 5:39 so many Christians will find the same disappointment for not truly fearing Yahweh and His guiding Word. As it is written "If your righteousness does not exceed that of the Pharisees..." Matt 5:20 many will lose the Kingdom of God, in this age and the one to come.

Your comment is not entirely true. Jesus Christ is the most powerful man to ever walk this earth, but even he concluded... John 1:5 John 3:19 but to us John 8:12

Christians ought not to be fooled into thinking this world can change. The flesh can never change John 8:43, nor its mind. Rom 8. Jesus crucified his nature and even the whole world on the cross 1 John 5:4.

All we can pray for us to be guided by God that through us He might take a people (person) out of this world for His name sake Acts 15:14, the rest eventually will pass away 1 John 2:17.

Robbie, God Bless you in your understanding

Alethos

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Change yourself and the world changes around you...

Tis very true Robbie, when I change my attitude the way I see and think of everything changes too.
smile.gif

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
Hi UHCAIan,
I understand and agree with the thrust of your comments, however, should you wish to season them with a little salt :) I personally would like to see more of Gods Words quoted, not to support your ideas, but to reveal His Truth. It would be remiss of me not to provide a suggestion:

James 5:8 speaks of the power of his coming (parousia), when in Ad 70 he brought the Roman army down upon Jerusalem and destroyed the city with fire. Of course many wise and prudent Christians heeded the Masters warning and fled to Pella. I will not treat you with ignorance in this matter, as I know your understanding of Christians history is sound. However, a great deal of exhortational material can be gleaned from the Masters warnings, especially in regards to his coming in preparation for the Kingdom which is upon us.

The answer to your question with Scripture....speaking of the Churches today...Hosea 4:6

People are not opening the word for themselves Psa 119:130

In the Masters service

Alethos

Thank you! I was rushing in typing it! I should have added some salt to it.

Until the belivers in Christ understand their full potential (1 John 4:4 "[sup]4[/sup]Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.") and that God resides in us! Then we will never be effective for God. Jesus Christ died so that the power of sin (Romans 6:14 "For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.") is borken in our lives! We have power over the systems of this world. The government of man should not rule and set mandates for the church the church should be an example to the governments. The church has all things submitted to it by its master Jesus Christ. All things are submitted to him and He has given us the keys to that power (exousia) Matthew 6:19.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Yeah Jiggy,

And I also have noticed that I can rub off on the people that surround me... either in a positive or negative way... and because of that I've found the best way to make a change is to change myself... to live by example...

Someone said something to me once that I thought was cool... "preach Christ always... and when necessary use words... "

Alethos

Mar 8, 2011
Melbourne Australia
Yeah Jiggy,

And I also have noticed that I can rub off on the people that surround me... either in a positive or negative way... and because of that I've found the best way to make a change is to change myself... to live by example...

Someone said something to me once that I thought was cool... "preach Christ always... and when necessary use words... "

I like this alot ! Thanks Robbie

John 3:30 The more they asked him if he were the Messiah...the less he spoke :mellow: