know your enermy and yourself and you will win countless battles

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Holy999
How well can we know our enemies? Probably about as well as we know God!

How well do we know God? If we simply seek His kingdom and His righteousness always first, I believe, we will get to know Him better. Many people, I believe, who have met God don't get to know Him better because they presume that having met Him that is all they need. What we need is to love Him. He loves us and wants to do good things for us, but if we do not express our love for Him, what should we expect from Him?

On the enemy thing... we don't really need to know them if we know and love God for will not any real enemies be handled without getting to know them on a first name basis?

Holy999

Feb 18, 2020
stockholm
Faith
Christian
Country
Sweden
@Holy999
How well can we know our enemies? Probably about as well as we know God!

How well do we know God? If we simply seek His kingdom and His righteousness always first, I believe, we will get to know Him better. Many people, I believe, who have met God don't get to know Him better because they presume that having met Him that is all they need. What we need is to love Him. He loves us and wants to do good things for us, but if we do not express our love for Him, what should we expect from Him?

On the enemy thing... we don't really need to know them if we know and love God for will not any real enemies be handled without getting to know them on a first name basis?
in your operation expect the worst and the good will happen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
in your operation expect the worst and the good will happen
No, I would say rather to simply trust God. While we are still here and have not overcome the world as Jesus did, our testing continues, and it may include some of those things some would call "worst", but then...

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose" Rom 8:28