Knowing Jesus Vs. Knowing About Jesus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who can expand on this without sounding too dogmatic?
IOW, Try not to betray yourselves as one who likely knows more about Jesus than you do the Person, Himself. (Not judging here)

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IOW, Try not to betray yourselves as one who likely knows more about Jesus than you do the Person, Himself. (Not judging here)
Interesting thing to think about!

Knowing someone and knowing about someone are very different, and very complementary, I think! You can know someone for a long time, then they die, and you attend their memorial, and find out all sorts of things about them you never knew.

I've had that experience, and found myself wishing I'd known some of these things, that it seems that would have made our relationship better, richer.

Then there is someone whom you've know about for a long time, and then finally meet them. Paster Chuck Smith is a man whom I'd read his books, heard His teaching for years, then actually met the man.

Knowing so much about him was nothing like actually meeting him, but having met him, I already had this context about him.

What we perceive about someone can conflict what what we believe we know about them, which can point to an inconsistency in that person, or in our perceptions and understandings. Naturally I think that would be the case with Jesus, if something doesn't make sense, the problem is with me.

Much love!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
most everyone has heard about Jesus but few compared to the many Know Him as a child of God born of His Spirit via the new birth.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

He's a friend.
He speaks to me about personal issues, and He comforts my heart.
He guides my decisions, and leads me in His will.
He gives me purpose, and a calling in life that supersedes worldly pursuits.
He teaches me His word, giving me the ability to walk in wisdom.
He enables me to minister to others, so that I have value in life.
He gives me hope for eternity, that I can spend it forever with Him.

He's many other things, but at the very heart of it,
He's a friend.

Last edited:

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Before I became born again I only knew of Jesus, but when I was born again I truly know him and that's when he knows you personally, because you are Saved and are in the Kingdom of God, so one is not of this world as Jesus said, he was not of this world.

So in saying that remember Adam and Eve they were in Gods world in the Garden His Garden ? but due to Sin God kicked them out due to such.
God kicked the Jews out of the Land as well because they were not his people, only they like Nathaniel who serve Jesus Christ were worthy of God regardless. ones Religion is worthless such never Saved anyone, Jesus came and it was him only that Saves. Christ Jesus must come first in your life above all.

So you see only a true Israelite is worthy of God, remember what Jesus said to Nathaniel ? yep Jesus knew he was a true servant of God and that's why Nathaniel knew who he truly was. Jesus said to Nathaniel what he would see ! that's a very powerful message that Jesus mentioned in fact about Nathaniel and not to mention, many so called Christian religions don't like to mention this point of the subject because it's too powerful, they may loose you to Jesus Christ, because they are only concerned with religion, they are only worldly religious and not truly about Salvation in Jesus Christ.
Religion never Saved anyone, only Christ Jesus Saves in fact.

Even the most devout atheist is religious and just because they reject such, does not make it so.
I myself have never met one person in my whole life, who was not religious of some sort of persuade even Communist are highly religious they reek of such as do they who peddle Political Correctness, as they are the most devout dim whits ever that I have come across.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can know you, and you can know me. But you will never know the true me, nor I you, unless we can somehow jump inside of each other, and share the same mind.

That is the difference between someone who knows about Jesus from afar, and one who abides in Jesus, and He abides in them. This comes about by first being baptized in the Holy Spirit, and then growing in knowledge of the Word. Word and Spirit. 1 John 3:24; 1 Corinthians 2:10-16

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How well do we know Jesus?

John wrote that when we see Him, we will be like Him. How well have we seen Him up to now?

Much love!