Knowing Jesus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Philippians 3:12-13,

12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

What is apprehending;
I'm going to learn Jesus until everything he is in me becomes mine, that is apprehending. Knowledge, understanding, soul growth, expression of growth, so on. This takes us back to separating soul and spirit. You see yourself completely finished in spirit but growing in soul. So you can see everthing Paul did and said was to try to get you to see Christ in you, and get to know that Christ not a Christ outside of you. Knowing Christ not just knowing about him. If you're like me when I first began to look at these things it was a bit much. Actually knowing the creator of all things, and he lived in me wow! I was taken back some to say the least. Until I really began to study this in scripture and see this is his idea, this is his plan not mine. Mine was just be a pleasantly good sinner who enjoyed their sin of the world and nothing else mattered.

I personally had no God conscience, we could talk sports or God didn't matter to me they were both the same. When I talk about the HolySpirit I have had some experience through the years now. But what I really think about is before Christ (bc my life) I would hear a song for example and think "I need to take this into the church and sing it to them they would be blessed." When I look back now I'm still in amazement, I didn't go to church, I wasn't a believer, where did that come from. The HolySpirit was dealing with me, I could go on and on, it got a whole lot worse before it got better.

Seeking to apprehend what Jesus apprehended by the cross for us there is nothing new for him to give you, you can only learn what he apprehended and apprehend it by your knowledge. That is apprehending! If you have ever wondered what to apprehend, apply this verse. You see everything the believer will ever need in this life and the life to come has been bought and paid for, it is already been apprehended in Christ. Because I have not yet learned or apprehended it does not mean it is not available, if you're in Christ it is your's for the learning. But you must go after it, it must be apprehended.

You say you just don't know I've had a hard life and I'm sick and I need to be healed. Ok your right we all have a hard time, some maybe harder than others. But now you have the healer in you, you have no excuse. Listen he will heal you every time accept the last time. You apprehend the knowledge that if he heals you or does not heal you it doesn't matter. What matters is he said I'm your healer and I'm in you, that needs apprehending.

Change your thinking, we have become so wordly minded we had rather stay here than go be with the Lord. When my ER doctor told me your not going to make it, I told my wife he is not the last word and if so I don't think I'll mind a trip down a golden street today. Sounded better than laying in ICU feeling like warmed over death. Please threaten me with death, my mind had already apprehended what I had been apprehended for, my life is not my own.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Because I have not yet learned or apprehended it does not mean it is not available, if you're in Christ it is your's for the learning. But you must go after it, it must be apprehended.

A good point. There is so much available to us from the storehouse of God. We can go to the throne of grace to receive the grace we need in time of need. If we lack something we can seek the Lord for it. He is approachable...although it takes that rare kind of faith...a faith that moves God to action on our behalf...and on behalf of others. A quantum of faith. A faith in the miraculous intervention of God.

If we only knew how much was available to us through the gift of God in Christ. I think there would be a lot more praying going on...and specific prayer. Prayer concerning the actual putting on of Christ...the abiding...entering into the miraculous walk that Jesus was resurrected into that is now available for us to walk in.

But the assumptions that come with a religious grasping of God and His benefits gets in the way of the realization that what most of us have is very little to none ...rather that of being pumped up into a false sense of what we read about in the bible.

It's like those chip bags that are mainly filled with air. Once you pop the bag it reveals very little in the way of actual product. A few chips. Like when Jesus found little to no figs on the fig tree when He was hungry. Jesus is no fan of false advertising.

So we can allow ourselves to be deflated from our presumptions....and actually seek the Lord for His full benefits which are by grace through faith. And at a level where our lives better mirror the kind we read about in the bible.

Who are we trying to fool otherwise? We will all pass before the Bema seat to be judged for what we have produced....what we have become. All things will be revealed on that day.

Peace

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Philippians 3:12-13,

12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

What is apprehending;
I'm going to learn Jesus until everything he is in me becomes mine, that is apprehending. Knowledge, understanding, soul growth, expression of growth, so on. This takes us back to separating soul and spirit. You see yourself completely finished in spirit but growing in soul. So you can see everthing Paul did and said was to try to get you to see Christ in you, and get to know that Christ not a Christ outside of you. Knowing Christ not just knowing about him. If you're like me when I first began to look at these things it was a bit much. Actually knowing the creator of all things, and he lived in me wow! I was taken back some to say the least. Until I really began to study this in scripture and see this is his idea, this is his plan not mine. Mine was just be a pleasantly good sinner who enjoyed their sin of the world and nothing else mattered.

I personally had no God conscience, we could talk sports or God didn't matter to me they were both the same. When I talk about the HolySpirit I have had some experience through the years now. But what I really think about is before Christ (bc my life) I would hear a song for example and think "I need to take this into the church and sing it to them they would be blessed." When I look back now I'm still in amazement, I didn't go to church, I wasn't a believer, where did that come from. The HolySpirit was dealing with me, I could go on and on, it got a whole lot worse before it got better.

Seeking to apprehend what Jesus apprehended by the cross for us there is nothing new for him to give you, you can only learn what he apprehended and apprehend it by your knowledge. That is apprehending! If you have ever wondered what to apprehend, apply this verse. You see everything the believer will ever need in this life and the life to come has been bought and paid for, it is already been apprehended in Christ. Because I have not yet learned or apprehended it does not mean it is not available, if you're in Christ it is your's for the learning. But you must go after it, it must be apprehended.

You say you just don't know I've had a hard life and I'm sick and I need to be healed. Ok your right we all have a hard time, some maybe harder than others. But now you have the healer in you, you have no excuse. Listen he will heal you every time accept the last time. You apprehend the knowledge that if he heals you or does not heal you it doesn't matter. What matters is he said I'm your healer and I'm in you, that needs apprehending.

Change your thinking, we have become so wordly minded we had rather stay here than go be with the Lord. When my ER doctor told me your not going to make it, I told my wife he is not the last word and if so I don't think I'll mind a trip down a golden street today. Sounded better than laying in ICU feeling like warmed over death. Please threaten me with death, my mind had already apprehended what I had been apprehended for, my life is not my own.

Very nice, Learning of Christ inwardly is what Christianity is. How blessed are we the faith it takes to gain Christ is not something special. It is the common faith given to all man. For God has given Christ to mankind once and for all, we can have as much or as little, as is our heart desire is after Him. “Christ our life” to learn this by experience, is the desire of those hearts that would go on with God. That won’t settle for just knowing what the words of scripture say, but knowing the one who wrote them. For only though one’s personal relationship and obedience to that relationship, can and will these truths of what “Christ in us” means be revealed and manifested in our lives. For the meaning can only be learned by experience, but the fruit of such learning will be known seen and read by man. Some will revolt against it, some will embrace it. But Christ as our life is Christianity.

Oh, to know Him a little more today, than yesterday, and tomorrow more still.

Blessings to a fellow laborer as we strive for the more.

Much love in Christ, Not me

Reactions: soul man

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ" (2 Peter 3.18).

Hi, if you wouldn’t mind me saying so Farouk. I see such a heart after Christ in you.

I do so wish for an increase of Christ in your inner man that your heart would continually burst forth in joy.

Blessings,

Much love in Christ, Not me

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
A good point. There is so much available to us from the storehouse of God. We can go to the throne of grace to receive the grace we need in time of need. If we lack something we can seek the Lord for it. He is approachable...although it takes that rare kind of faith...a faith that moves God to action on our behalf...and on behalf of others. A quantum of faith. A faith in the miraculous intervention of God.

If we only knew how much was available to us through the gift of God in Christ. I think there would be a lot more praying going on...and specific prayer. Prayer concerning the actual putting on of Christ...the abiding...entering into the miraculous walk that Jesus was resurrected into that is now available for us to walk in.

But the assumptions that come with a religious grasping of God and His benefits gets in the way of the realization that what most of us have is very little to none ...rather that of being pumped up into a false sense of what we read about in the bible.

It's like those chip bags that are mainly filled with air. Once you pop the bag it reveals very little in the way of actual product. A few chips. Like when Jesus found little to no figs on the fig tree when He was hungry. Jesus is no fan of false advertising.

So we can allow ourselves to be deflated from our presumptions....and actually seek the Lord for His full benefits which are by grace through faith. And at a level where our lives better mirror the kind we read about in the bible.

Who are we trying to fool otherwise? We will all pass before the Bema seat to be judged for what we have produced....what we have become. All things will be revealed on that day.

Peace
here a little, there a little can be taken two diff ways, huh? :)

Reactions: Episkopos

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
i still liked the op though! But changing your mind that way is def the hard way, and if Jesus is still Apollo to you then you are def doing it the hard way, and i feel for you more than anything, bc you are in hell right now, and i guess every time i pick this ipad up too huh lol.

there is plain Scripture that can even be read with two eyes, see, that no one wants to address?
and might seem like i care a lot but really idc even a little if no other believer on the planet addresses them Scriptures, they are not goin anywhere. I am strickly here to parrot them back to you, ok, and you can do with them whatever you like

you and your sons will be here with me
no Son of Man may die for another's sins
no one has ever gone up to heaven
there is only One Immortal

now there's a couple others i guess, he who seeks to save his soul will lose it, that arent bein addressed, but if you can get clear on them up there the others are a snap. Or you can eat the manna and change your mind today, you, i'm talkin to you, grownup, you can be a completely diff person before sundown, ok, a dose of what is it? is all it takes. But you aint gonna like it either, ok, it dont taste so good at first, wont last til tomorrow, etc, but really and i'm tellin you true the best thing you could do right now is man up and eat as much what is it? as you can stand, ok.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Perhaps it could be like...."always learning but never coming to the knowledge of the truth???"
be a good spot for yall to get into Isaiah 28 Parallel Chapters
"here a little, there a little" i guess epi.
ppl read "for precept must be upon precept" and they think theyre reading instructions instead of condemnations i guess

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
anybody here ever had a toddler in the house would run off the second you took your eyes off of em? Be right out in the middle of traffic even, tra-la, just a grinnin away and havin a ball?
"bring back the boy you left behind" ok? man, awesome search there yo, dunno if yall are getting the same results i am though. "Amino" up on top? Ha! Right?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
boy, what a hoot. you wanna know what youre kids are talking about, join amino.
they do not have a clue what that song is about, and you can tell just by listening to them.
very earnest and sweet though, i didnt notice any trolls or anything. well, after i left anyway :)