• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The lake of fire is commonly known as hell, which is a wrong conception altogether.

See hell, the place that held disembodied souls is dumped out.
Revelation 20:13
The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done.

The sea, could revert to Gentile nations and the dead that were in it, where judged,

Along with death, and (Hell/Hades) gave up the dead that were in them, with this judgment that had come upon the nation of Israel for having rejected the messiah, also Satan, the False prophet, and the beast.

Once this is done and the age is complete; John writes
“and the death and the hades were cast to the lake of the fire — this [is] the second death; and if any one was not found written in the scroll of the life, he was cast to the lake of the fire.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭20‬:‭14‬-‭15‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

Now wait a minute remember Revelation 20 is done with and now a new picture arrives on the scene,

Revelation 21:1
21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

John writes of what he sees - a new heaven and a new earth - for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away and there was no longer any sea.

This sea is a reference possibly to the 'brazen sea' which was in the temple, which the Jewish people had looked to with their given land by God, - Their heaven and earth. With no more sea, it would suggest the temple was destroyed.

Today people are the temple which God dwells in via the spirit.

in revelation 21:8 it says

“and to fearful, and unstedfast, and abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all the liars, their part [is] in the lake that is burning with fire and brimstone, which is a second death.’”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭21‬:‭8‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

Therefore those who did not have faith, they were placed into the lake of fire which they have a part of, it doesn’t say they are in this fire forever, unless you can make it say this.

May would suggest from the scripture found in Revelation 20:15 those who were cast into the lake of fire are done for.

But John makes it clear in saying;
“And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, bright as crystal, going forth out of the throne of God and of the Lamb: in the midst of its broad place, and of the river on this side and on that, [is] a tree of life, yielding twelve fruits, in each several month rendering its fruits, and the leaves of the tree [are] for the service of the nations; and any curse there shall not be any more, and the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it, and His servants shall serve Him, and they shall see His face, and His name [is] upon their foreheads, and night shall not be there, and they have no need of a lamp and light of a sun, because the Lord God doth give them light, and they shall reign — to the ages of the ages. And he said to me, ‘These words [are] stedfast and true, and the Lord God of the holy prophets did send His messenger to shew to His servants the things that it behoveth to come quickly: Lo, I come quickly; happy [is] he who is keeping the words of the prophecy of this scroll.’ And I, John, am he who is seeing these things and hearing, and when I heard and beheld, I fell down to bow before the feet of the messenger who is shewing me these things; and he saith to me, ‘See — not; for fellow-servant of thee am I, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of those keeping the words of this scroll; before God bow.’ And he saith to me, ‘Thou mayest not seal the words of the prophecy of this scroll, because the time is nigh; he who is unrighteous — let him be unrighteous still, and he who is filthy — let him be filthy still, and he who is righteous — let him be declared righteous still, and he who is sanctified — let him be sanctified still: And lo, I come quickly, and my reward [is] with me, to render to each as his work shall be; I am the Alpha and the Omega — the Beginning and End — the First and the Last. ‘Happy are those doing His commands that the authority shall be theirs unto the tree of the life, and by the gates they may enter into the city; and without [are] the dogs, and the sorcerers, and the whoremongers, and the murderers, and the idolaters, and every one who is loving and is doing a lie.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭22‬:‭1‬-‭15‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

So to those who say God won’t be able to save everyone should really think again,

His Son already saved them from being part of Revelation 20, and that age is done away with.

Revelation 21 - 22 are renewal chapters; and it seems to suggest that God has a way for people unjust and just to have a place to live, for the unjust they will have an outside of the kingdom to stay in if that is what they wanted, and those who were faithful, will go inside of the kingdom.

I don’t understand how all of these things are missed in understanding what is being said and conveyed to some degree by the Apostle who seen Christ raise from the dead, also promising that he was coming back to these seven churches.
“A revelation of Jesus Christ, that God gave to him, to shew to his servants what things it behoveth to come to pass quickly; and he did signify [it], having sent through his messenger to his servant John, who did testify the word of God, and the testimony of Jesus Christ, as many things also as he did see. Happy is he who is reading, and those hearing, the words of the prophecy, and keeping the things written in it — for the time is nigh! John to the seven assemblies that [are] in Asia: Grace to you, and peace, from Him who is, and who was, and who is coming, and from the Seven Spirits that are before His throne, and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the first-born out of the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth; to him who did love us, and did bathe us from our sins in his blood,”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭1‬:‭1‬-‭5‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

These events written to them had to come about already, otherwise all this stuff in the Bible is just a fairy tale hopeless dream, of ever going to be with God at the end of life anyway.

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The lake of fire is commonly known as hell, which is a wrong conception altogether.

See hell, the place that held disembodied souls is dumped out.

The sea, could revert to Gentile nations and the dead that were in it, where judged,

Along with death, and (Hell/Hades) gave up the dead that were in them, with this judgment that had come upon the nation of Israel for having rejected the messiah.

Once this is done; John writes

Now wait a minute, in revelation 21:8 it says

Therefore those who did not have faith, they were placed into the lake of fire which they have a part of, it doesn’t say they are in this fire forever, unless you can make it say this.

May would suggest from the scripture found in Revelation 20:15 those who were cast into the lake of fire are done for.

But John makes it clear in saying;

So to those who say God won’t be able to save everyone should really think again, they will have an outside of the kingdom to stay in if that is what they wanted, and those who were faithful, will go inside of the kingdom.

I don’t understand how all of these things are missed in understanding what is being said and conveyed to some degree by the Apostle who seen Christ raise from the dead, also promising that he was coming back to these seven churches.

These events written to them had to come about, otherwise all this stuff in the Bible is just a fairy tale hopeless dream, of ever going to be with God at the end of life anyway.
Very true Matt, the lake of fire was symbolic of gehenna, a permanent judgment, as the verse you posted, the second death.

Reactions: MatthewG

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The lake of fire is commonly known as hell,

The lake of fire is not Hell.

Wbere do you get this nonsense from...?

Can you never post a Thread that isn't wrong?

Put your deceiver's commentaries and your online JUNK SITES in the Trash can.

Gat a BIBLE and read that "hell" will be CAST INTO THE LAKE OF FIRE".

See that?

Understand those are not the same?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very true Matt, the lake of fire was symbolic of gehenna, a permanent judgment, as the verse you posted, the second death.
What do you think second death means? Does it mean they no longer exist? Could it be dying to their self to realize the truth in Christ that they are dying to their selfishness?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The lake of fire is not Hell.
Uhm, it’s a common mixed conception.
Wbere do you get this nonsense from...?
Can you never post a Thread that isn't wrong?
Okay.
Put your deceiver's commentaries and your online JUNK SITES in the Trash can.
Hey im just trying to make something with what can be worked with, overall having Gods will met. Some desire that, some do not.
Gat a BIBLE and read that "hell" will be CAST INTO THE LAKE OF FIRE".
That was only after all the souls were dumped out; and then it’s done away with. That must be with where my first comment comes into play “it’s a common misconception”, as Sheol wasn’t in the lake of fire first.
See that?

Understand those are not the same?
See what exactly sir?

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Okay.

Hey im just trying to make something with what can be worked with, overall having Gods will met. Some desire that, some do not.

That was only after all the souls were dumped out; and then it’s done away with. That must be with where my first comment comes into play “it’s a common misconception”, as Sheol wasn’t in the lake of fire first.

See what exactly sir?
There are some insightful posters in this community, but you're not engaging with one of them.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Someone is always interested in a challenge, @Patrick1966. Sometimes I’ll jump in, but sometimes I don’t wanna climb up a hill where a rock will come back down on me, so just to be straight up front and go in, the go about my business is the best thing I can do.

People will read of course and perhaps think for themselves.

Reactions: Patrick1966

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To me it means they have to die again and go into the Lake of Fire because they are so lost and deceived that it is the only way to save them.
Thank you for sharing your insights, Patrick.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Guess again.

Its YOUR misconception.

Here is how it works.

Lucifer was in heaven and "iniquity was found in him".
So, He was sent out, and some angels, who were deceived by the "father of lies", came down here as well and they are your Demonic Spirits that Jesus "cast out".

This all happened before ADAM was created.

God, also had created a place for the "devil and his angels".

This is Hell.

Who goes there, also?
Everyone who is a "son of the devil".

Who is that?
Everyone who is not born again.

Everyone who is an unbeliever, is a "son of the devil"...... and this is their current status..... while they are living.

JOHN 3:36

Notice carefully, reader, the verses below.......that this WRATH of GOD. "
remains".... on them.
That is "eternal damnation" that can't be remitted unless the person does this..

Jesus said....>"you must be born again..

Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them.

New Living Translation
And anyone who believes in God’s Son has eternal life. Anyone who doesn’t obey the Son will never experience eternal life but remains under God’s angry judgment.”

English Standard Version
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.

Berean Standard Bible
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life. Whoever rejects the Son will not see life. Instead, the wrath of God remains on him.”

Berean Literal Bible
The one believing in the Son has eternal life, but the one not obeying the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."

King James Bible
He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

New King James Version
He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.”

New American Standard Bible
The one who believes in the Son has eternal life; but the one who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.”

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great @Behold. If you have anything else to share please feel free to do so. All you’re gonna end up doing is just bumping the thread. No one here has authority to make me believe how they need to, and I’m not interested really in “being accepted” as a person who believes like someone else when it comes to certain things.

The wrath = the great and dreadful day of the Lord only knew by the Jewish people that would be the day of the Lord, perhaps his return did happen in 70Ad.

We will always reconcile on believing that Jesus Christ died was buried and raised again by God.

So please be encouraged not to waste your time going back and forth with me but to go and make your own thread.

Thank you for your consideration.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Luke 15 demonstrates that Jesus never stops looking for the lost sheep. Nobody is lost forever.

If you die never having been born again, you'll go to hell, and you can't be born again in hell.

ONLY = The born again Go to Heaven.

You can't be born again in Hell.

Do the Math, Patrick1966

"eternal damnation" is exactly like "eternal Life".

It never ends.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I always wondered what Jesus meant by "born from above". I noticed that when we had a recent thread about it, it turned into such a goat rodeo the mods had to shut it down.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word for eternal means Age, most of the time. I believe people who are out there who never had faith, did not wanna be born again, will be resurrected and given a spiritual condemned body to live outside of the kingdom of the heavenly Jerusalem, that will be their house given by God forever but only God gives good gifts.

But most people don’t believe what is written by John.

So what can I do? Let you believe what you want.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I always wondered what Jesus meant by "born from above". I noticed that when we had a recent thread about it, it turned into such a goat rodeo the mods had to shut it down.
That sounds awfully loose.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know I have a high respect and love for Jesus as my Lord and King, but he has had victory now today. Death, sin, hell, Satan and his angels, the false prophet, the beast , even the second death, all has been overcome cause Jesus got the keys to death and hades. They were done away with.

Why don’t I ever hear anyone else talk about the inside or outside of the kingdom?

It is strange as I never hear anyone on here talk about it. Do you believe what John the beloved wrote about it?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even though this thread deals with the topic lake of fire.

Most people enjoy making sure people know “you are going to hell”.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why don’t I ever hear anyone else talk about the inside or outside of the kingdom?
Because in the end, there will be no more "outside of the kingdom", and God will be all in all. The gates to the City of God never close. See 1 Corinthians 15:24-28 and Revelation 21:25.