Laodicean Church here Again Today!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Laodicean Church here Again Today! =So many Little more than Semi private social clubs tickling those with itching ears=no mention of the very near rapture (catching up) and the return of Jesus to set up His kingdom on earth or the coming final judgment day and eternal hell.

Revelation 3:13 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Revelation 3:14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

Revelation 3:15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.

Revelation 3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

Revelation 3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

Revelation 3:18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

Revelation 3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

Revelation 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Revelation 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Revelation 3:22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No mention of all the Satanist who are peddling the new age under Satan controlled by the Talmud Whore that is behind the NWO that will lead to Communism enslaving all under the Devil who is to come before Jesus comes as well.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC,to all.
addressing the OP only, by the way good post. just one thing, (all the scriptures are good), the deception on prosperity. Revelation 3:17 "Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:"

there are two types or kinds of prosperity, 1. secular/material and 2. religious/spiritual.

yes, Ecclesiastes 10:19 is true "A feast is made for laughter, and wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things." in all things like what? ..... there is a prosperity that money cannot buy. "PEACE" and "REST" which is the ultimate prosperity. for the definition of "Peace" means prosperity
G1515 εἰρήνη eirene (ei-ree'-nee) n.
1. peace.
2. (by implication) prosperity.
{literally or figuratively}
[probably from a primary verb eiro “to join”]
KJV: one, peace, quietness, rest, + set at one again

Money cannot buy a "peace" of mind, nor LOVE. nor give you spiritual "rest". not only was they miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked, they was without the God of "Peace"..... the Prince of "peace" who "answereth all things", including the desires of our hearts.

G7, as the apostle said, 2 Timothy 2:14 "Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers." good ministry.

PICJAG.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Laodicean Church here Again Today! =So many Little more than Semi private social clubs tickling those with itching ears=no mention of the very near rapture (catching up) and the return of Jesus to set up His kingdom on earth or the coming final judgment day and eternal hell.
Good warning, GISMYS. Outside of these pretentious, and maybe dubious believers, I think that even the once most ardent of Christians, must always remain on their guard to avoid complacency and routine in their Christian walk and lives. I would imagine that a lot of us, for various reasons, have lost both the vigour and zeal that we had when we were first converted? Some due to the fact the they were planted on rocky soil, or on soil that had a lot weeds (like myself, I believe). Or, some met too much resistance from the world that their light became impeded, and now is concealed? Others, maybe the novelty wore off, or the promises of strength, joy and peace appeared to be not fulfilled?

Either way, the devil will always try to find a breach in our armour or understanding, in order to undermine our efforts and convictions. I can only suggest to stay in the Word and read it routinely, associate with like-minded people (the children of this world can be truly vexatious), and pray often.

Here's to enduring edification and wisdom, God bless you all!

Reactions: Helen