Lessons we learn from miracles. Here is mine.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gideons300

Nov 3, 2020
Maryville, Tn.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Terry is my wonderful wife and together, at 71 and 68, we have adopted and raised from babies both our youngest of 12 grandchildren, Jack, who is 11, as well as our youngest great-grandson, Gavin, who is 4. oh, did I mention she is a walking miracle? From leukemia and stage four cancer in both lungs and one kidney four years ago to cancer free. The doctor cannot even see scar tissue from where the cancers once were. Praise God.

On her leukemia, the prognosis was bleak and one night Terry was praying on the porch, and God spoke to her and told her He had healed her of the blood cancer. She came back in to tell me but within steps, she became violently ill and threw up the nastiest, foulest black crud. The cancer was removed in a most visible way, lol.

The next day, she was scheduled to see her oncologist and excitedly told him what God told her and he laughed. "Eight blood tests in a row tell me otherwise, Terry." She smiled and told him she wanted another blood test and finally, after she refused to take no for an answer, he reluctantly acquiesced. He told her he would call her as soon as the results came in.

Two weeks went by. Nothing. So she called her GP and asked him to talk to her oncologist. He called and asked what the results were and he told Dr. Green the news. Nothing. Not a shred of leukemia in her blood. He had even sent off the 9 blood tests to Mayo Clinic and 20 of their top cancer doctors looked at the results. Not one had an explanation. They were baffled.

God is good and far more faithful than we can even conceive. We are about to get a speed course in the wonder of a God who truly can "cause us" to walk in obedience and deliver us from evil. I love this scripture.

"For the eyes of the LORD search to and fro across the whole earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him."

2nd Chronicles 16:9

How true this is.

....and then the rest of the verse, which I had really not read until tonight..

"You have done a foolish thing, and from now on you will be at war."

Is this not what we are witnessing..... a church asleep at the wheel? Going through the motions, excitement and joy replaced with predictability, nice tidy doctrines and putting on a happy face? Having a form of godliness but lives of His very children sadly denying the power of it?

Just as the parable told us, the message is coming and any who has ears to hear is now beginning to hear it. He is soon coming. Make yourself ready. And yet, just as His servants then were too busy with earthly things..... even good things..... understandable things.... even reasonable things, so many at present, like them, are in danger of being bypassed, with God re-focusing His call to those poor ones who know they need a physician. He will have His own go out and compel them to come in. I love that verse.

This will be the great harvest, and church as usual simply will not cut it any longer.
Is this not why He exhorts us to watch, to not let that day come upon us unaware?

I believe the next move of God will come outside the walls of what we call church. Street church. The real final harvest. And just like it happened when the religious Jews persecuted the early church, ablaze with His love, being blinded to the life behind their religious traditions, , we have just about come full circle as God begins to awaken us to the truth of we are in Christ. And who are we? NEW creatures.

Just as the early church, emboldened by the outpouring of the Spirit, brought multitudes to Jesus, we too will be fully awakened and found walking in the FREE INDEED Jesus died to give us.

And sadly, yet predictably, just as the Pharisees persecuted the early saints, the "church" of today will persecute those fully yielded to His purposes, those hungry ones longing for more, for a walk of victory, of true holiness and purity. These blessed saints will refuse to be satisfied with religious 'husks' that in themselves possess no life. His returning prodigal children will want nothing less than to please their God in all things, and to ABIDE in Him, all day, every day, and they will be satisfied with nothing less.

And praise God, He will not disappoint. Changing are even now beginning, as the final tumblers fall into place, allowing the church of Jesus Christ to again to truly be washed over by the Spirit of grace. Think the early church was amazing? We have not seen anything yet! Our time is now arriving.

blessings,

Gids

Last edited:

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And sadly, just as the Pharisees persecuted the early saints, the "church" of today will persecute those fully yielded to His purposes, those hungry ones longing for more, for a walk of victory, of true holiness and purity. They will no longer be satisfied with religious husks that in themselves possess no life. They want to ABIDE and will be satisfied with nothing less.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Terry is my wonderful wife and together, at 71 and 68, we have adopted and raised from babies both our youngest of 12 grandchildren, Jack, who is 11, as well as our youngest great-grandson, Gavin, who is 4. oh, did I mention she is a walking miracle? From leukemia and stage four cancer in both lungs and one kidney four years ago to cancer free. The doctor cannot even see scar tissue from where the cancers once were. Praise God.

On her leukemia, the prognosis was bleak and one night Terry was praying on the porch, and God spoke to her and told her He had healed her of the blood cancer. She came back in to tell me but within steps, she became violently ill and threw up the nastiest, foulest black crud. The cancer was removed in a most visible way, lol.

The next day, she was scheduled to see her oncologist and excitedly told him what God told her and he laughed. "Eight blood tests in a row tell me otherwise, Terry." She smiled and told him she wanted another blood test and finally, after she refused to take no for an answer, he reluctantly acquiesced. He told her he would call her as soon as the results came in.

Two weeks went by. Nothing. So she called her GP and asked him to talk to her oncologist. He called and asked what the results were and he told Dr. Green the news. Nothing. Not a shred of leukemia in her blood. He had even sent off the 9 blood tests to Mayo Clinic and 20 of their top cancer doctors looked at the results. Not one had an explanation. They were baffled.

God is good and far more faithful than we can even conceive. We are about to get a speed course in the wonder of a God who truly can "cause us" to walk in obedience and deliver us from evil. I love this scripture.

"For the eyes of the LORD search to and fro across the whole earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him."

2nd Chronicles 16:9

How true this is.

....and then the rest of the verse, which I had really not read until tonight..

"You have done a foolish thing, and from now on you will be at war."

Is this not what we are witnessing..... a church asleep at the wheel? Going through the motions, excitement and joy replaced with predictability, nice tidy doctrines and putting on a happy face? Having a form of godliness but lives of His very children sadly denying the power of it?

Just as the parable told us, the message is coming and any who has ears to hear is now beginning to hear it. He is soon coming. Make yourself ready. And yet, just as His servants then were too busy with earthly things..... even good things..... understandable things.... even reasonable things, so many at present, like them, are in danger of being bypassed, with God re-focusing His call to those poor ones who know they need a physician. He will have His own go out and compel them to come in. I love that verse.

This will be the great harvest, and church as usual simply will not cut it any longer.
Is this not why He exhorts us to watch, to not let that day come upon us unaware?

I believe the next move of God will come outside the walls of what we call church. Street church. The real final harvest. And just like it happened when the religious Jews persecuted the early church, ablaze with His love, being blinded to the life behind their religious traditions, , we have just about come full circle as God begins to awaken us to the truth of we are in Christ. And who are we? NEW creatures.

Just as the early church, emboldened by the outpouring of the Spirit, brought multitudes to Jesus, we too will be fully awakened and found walking in the FREE INDEED Jesus died to give us.

And sadly, yet predictably, just as the Pharisees persecuted the early saints, the "church" of today will persecute those fully yielded to His purposes, those hungry ones longing for more, for a walk of victory, of true holiness and purity. These blessed saints will refuse to be satisfied with religious 'husks' that in themselves possess no life. His returning prodigal children will want nothing less than to please their God in all things, and to ABIDE in Him, all day, every day, and they will be satisfied with nothing less.

And praise God, He will not disappoint. Changing are even now beginning, as the final tumblers fall into place, allowing the church of Jesus Christ to again to truly be washed over by the Spirit of grace. Think the early church was amazing? We have not seen anything yet! Our time is now arriving.

blessings,

Gids
Praise God! Yes He told me the same thing...it's not going to be church as usual...no more formalities...it's going to be church wherever 2 or more are gathered in His name....in the streets, in backyards, in living rooms....and the outpour of the Holy Spirit will accompany them and signs and wonders will follow the preaching of His Word.
And Praise and Glory to the Father for your wife's healing!

Reactions: David H.