Let all things be done decently and in order

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Friday 11-15-19, Cheshvan 17, 5780 6th. day of the weekly cycle, 54th. Fall day,

That rule is found in First Corinthians 14:40, where the apostle Paul tells us, “Let all things be done decently and in order.” The word “decently” is the Greek word euschemonos. Other than this verse, the word euschemonos is only found two other times in the New Testament — in Romans Thirteen:13 and in First Thessalonians 4:12.

Exercising Gifts In Public Worship: 1 Corinthians Fourteen 14:26-40

1 Corinthians 14:26-40 New Living Translation (NLT) A Call to Orderly Worship 26 Well, my brothers and sisters, let’s summarize. When you meet together, one will sing, another will teach, another will tell some special revelation God has given, one will speak in tongues, and another will interpret what is said.

1 Corinthians Fourteen:26-40 New Living Translation (NLT)
A Call to Orderly Worship
26 Well, my brothers and sisters, let’s summarize. When you meet together, one will sing, another will teach, another will tell some special revelation God has given, one will speak in tongues, and another will interpret what is said. But everything that is done must strengthen all of you.

27 No more than two or three should speak in tongues. They must speak one at a time, and someone must interpret what they say. 28 But if no one is present who can interpret, they must be silent in your church meeting and speak in tongues to God privately.

29 Let two or three people prophesy, and let the others evaluate what is said. 30 But if someone is prophesying and another person receives a revelation from the Lord, the one who is speaking must stop. 31 In this way, all who prophesy will have a turn to speak, one after the other, so that everyone will learn and be encouraged. 32 Remember that people who prophesy are in control of their spirit and can take turns. 33 For God is not a God of disorder but of peace, as in all the meetings of God’s holy people.

34 Women should be silent during the church meetings. It is not proper for them to speak. They should be submissive, just as the law says. 35 If they have any questions, they should ask their husbands at home, for it is improper for women to speak in church meetings.

36 Or do you think God’s word originated with you Corinthians? Are you the only ones to whom it was given? 37 If you claim to be a prophet or think you are spiritual, you should recognize that what I am saying is a command from the Lord himself. 38 But if you do not recognize this, you yourself will not be recognized.

39 So, my dear brothers and sisters, be eager to prophesy, and don’t forbid speaking in tongues. 40 But be sure that everything is done properly and in order.

Love always, Walter and Debbie

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Good phrase for the title!

I think it's good to remember also that the passage was written at a time when the Scriptures were not yet complete. Now we have the complete, written revelation of God in the Scriptures.

Reactions: WalterandDebbie