Let endurance (a strengthening) have its perfect result:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the testing of your faith produces (grows up) endurance. (A further continuance of the strengthening of His body.)

Let endurance have its perfect result. Consider that “Let”‘endurance (enduring hardness as a good soldier in Christ) let this endurance that was in Christ have its “perfect result”

…hold onto that “perfect result” for 2 Corinthians helps I think with: what is that “perfect result”?

now we pray to God that you do no wrong,
Not that we may appear approved. (I trust you will see we are not unapproved). For we do nothing against the truth, but [only] for the truth.

We rejoice when we are weak.
But you are strong; this we also pray for,
That you be made complete.
This we pray for, your perfection.
“Let endurance (enduring hardness as a good soldier in Christ) have its perfect result.” The result; equipping, preparing …“you”​

Last edited:
Reactions: Debp and marks

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @VictoryinJesus I love that the steadfastness of 1 Cor. 15.58 flows on from the victory in 1 Corinthians 15.57......
@farouk what is your perspective on
let endurance have its perfect work.
For me I always thought something different until “We rejoice when we are weak.
This we pray for, your perfection.”

let endurance have its perfect work makes me think of let there be Light. It is where Paul spoke of being weak bodily; but not weak towards them in Christ but Gods power working mightily towards them. To me now it seems like a promise that what we can’t do in the flesh, He works towards another in the Spirit. How does that relate to life today? To me it is standing in the face of the impossible of broken relationships and a promise in “let endurance have its perfect work” looking towards the end… the restoration of another by what Paul spoke of “I become weak” so that “You be made strong”. But then at the end of day I wonder what if, it’s a bad interpretation and not so. What if there is no hope for relationship. What if I’m twisting the words for what I want…in my relationships?

I was thinking last night, very depressed. On one hand I would like to think God speaks to me through His word, that He is instructing, teaching, leading to something better than all the broken mess of a-train-wreck the flesh produces. I think “how can it not be God because there is no way I think up this on my own.” But then I look at all the views there are today and how skilled one can take the word and make it fit what they want. Like whole theology built threads throughout the Bible fitting like perfect pieces into their puzzle…which convinces “it must be right”. All having a different puzzle image yet all the pieces skillfully fit as if our puzzle is the right one. I’m no different. Which makes me think humans are smarter than I think, and it doesn’t necessarily have to be God who is able to put pieces together toward the end goal desires for a person. So I want to seriously walk away seeing so much craziness born out of studying the word… but I don’t, not yet because I’m depressed and I want to believe “I become weak” so that “You be made strong” is the right piece to build because to me Christ did that “I become weak” so that “You be made strong” …I want to believe in “let endurance have its perfect work” or “let there be Light” as what He modeled because of the Joy set before Him…

Sorry that is long
But depressed … “endurance”
…also “steadfast” as you shared
I want to give up, doubting endurance has its perfect work…because a bad interpretation and there is no “I am weak” so that “You be made strong”
what is your perspective on “let endurance have its perfect work”?

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@farouk what is your perspective on
let endurance have its perfect work.
For me I always thought something different until “We rejoice when we are weak.
This we pray for, your perfection.”

let endurance have its perfect work makes me think of let there be Light. It is where Paul spoke of being weak bodily; but not weak towards them in Christ but Gods power working mightily towards them. To me now it seems like a promise that what we can’t do in the flesh, He works towards another in the Spirit. How does that relate to life today? To me it is standing in the face of the impossible of broken relationships and a promise in “let endurance have its perfect work” looking towards the end… the restoration of another by what Paul spoke of “I become weak” so that “You be made strong”. But then at the end of day I wonder what if, it’s a bad interpretation and not so. What if there is no hope for relationship. What if I’m twisting the words for what I want…in my relationships?

I was thinking last night, very depressed. On one hand I would like to think God speaks to me through His word, that He is instructing, teaching, leading to something better than all the broken mess of a-train-wreck the flesh produces. I think “how can it not be God because there is no way I think up this on my own.” But then I look at all the views there are today and how skilled one can take the word and make it fit what they want. Like whole theology built threads throughout the Bible fitting like perfect pieces into their puzzle…which convinces “it must be right”. All having a different puzzle image yet all the pieces skillfully fit as if our puzzle is the right one. I’m no different. Which makes me think humans are smarter than I think, and it doesn’t necessarily have to be God who is able to put pieces together toward the end goal desires for a person. So I want to seriously walk away seeing so much craziness born out of studying the word… but I don’t, not yet because I’m depressed and I want to believe “I become weak” so that “You be made strong” is the right piece to build because to me Christ did that “I become weak” so that “You be made strong” …I want to believe in “let endurance have its perfect work” or “let there be Light” as what He modeled because of the Joy set before Him…

Sorry that is long
But depressed … “endurance”
…also “steadfast” as you shared
I want to give up, doubting endurance has its perfect work…because a bad interpretation and there is no “I am weak” so that “You be made strong”
what is your perspective on “let endurance have its perfect work”?
@VictoryinJesus I think words such as endurance, stedfastness and patience (!) are very similar themes which can be followed through profitably in Scripture.

The fact that we daily search the Scriptures prayerfully means not instant changes of view but a continuing practical cleansing (Ephesians 5.26), on our pilgrim way.

Re. endurance, 'perfect' in Scripture can sometimes be rendered 'complete'.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@VictoryinJesus I think words such as endurance, stedfastness and patience (!) are very similar themes which can be followed through profitably in Scripture.

The fact that we daily search the Scriptures prayerfully means not instant changes of view but a continuing practical cleansing (Ephesians 5.26), on our pilgrim way.

Re. endurance, 'perfect' in Scripture can sometimes be rendered 'complete'.

Verse of the day on my bible app
1 Chronicles 16:11 Seek the Lord and his strength, seek his face continually.

Seek the Lord and his strength
That is what I’m wondering what is the Lords strength when Paul said when I am weak, I am strong?

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Endurance is the ABILITY to withstand hardship or adversity per Merriam- Webster.

We as followers have no such ABILITY within ourselves.

Mark4:15-18 ( cxt)
This talks about the types of soil the Word of God is sown in.. there is only one good soil identified.

The lack of the Word enduring in the soils is the enemy and the adversaries faced.
Superficial sowing leaves the seed exposed to those that would steal or destroy it by taking it away.
Sowing among the cares of the world causes it to be choked out for the cares are greater than the seed. Sunlight and nutrition cannot reach it for it's growing.
Those that are sown among hard or stony ground has no root,for the root of is the source of all nourishment and needs.
Jesus said in John 15 :3-6 ( cxt )
V5. I am the vine, ye are the branches...... Jesus is our root, our salvation. It is in him that we move, breathe and have our being,not of ourselves. When we stay rooted and grounded in him we have his endurance. He endured until the end of his life that we might be saved and that life is more abundant if we remain in Christ.

James1:1-4 ( cxt )
V3. Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.Romand5:1-5
( cxt )

When we are tried by the enemy in adversity and trials if we hold fast to our faith to the end, either of the adversity or our life, then we have overcome by our faith in the one who overcame hell,death and the grave and is sat down at the Father's right hand in heaven.

Greater is he that is within us than he that is in the world. The enemy of God is in the world. We are in Christ, therefore the power within us cannot be overcome if we remain in Christ always!

Reactions: Debp

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
if we remain in Christ always!

Reader,

Being born again is the eternal security that keeps us always in Christ and God always at peace with us.

Think of it like this.

The born again exist as "made righteous", "one with God".
So, how could God not be at peace with you if you are born again?

Sometimes you feel a broken peace, because you did something...and you feel that God is unhappy with you, or that fellowship is broken.
This is never the Case.
God is always kept in eternal peace and eternal fellowship with you, based on the Sacrifice of Jesus.
You can't change or end the Gift of Salvation that you have received, ...so, if you mess up, then just give God praise for His Gift of Righteousness that has caused you to always "be accepted in the Beloved".

Ephesians 1:6

Rest in God's Grace, always, and you will find that by resting in the Grace of God you are strengthened in your inner man.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To me now it seems like a promise that what we can’t do in the flesh, He works towards another in the Spirit. How does that relate to life today? To me it is standing in the face of the impossible of broken relationships and a promise in “let endurance have its perfect work” looking towards the end… the restoration of another by what Paul spoke of “I become weak” so that “You be made strong”. But then at the end of day I wonder what if, it’s a bad interpretation and not so. What if there is no hope for relationship. What if I’m twisting the words for what I want…in my relationships?

The result of endurance, it's perfect work, is your maturity.

James 1:4 KJV
4) But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

There is no promise toward a particular outcome in any given situation, but that you become mature and fully formed. Patience is in allowing God to do His work instead of us trying to force an outcome by our own efforts. Patience is quietly waiting content to leave the working to God, knowing whatever outcome He provides will be best for us.

And we know that God desires unity and love between us, and I don't think it's wrong to look to Him to build and restore relationships.

Much love!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

4) But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

There is no promise toward a particular outcome in any given situation, but that you become mature and fully formed. Patience is in allowing God to do His work instead of us trying to force an outcome by our own efforts. Patience is quietly waiting content to leave the working to God, knowing whatever outcome He provides will be best for us.

And we know that God desires unity and love between us, and I don't think it's wrong to look to Him to build and restore relationships.

Much love!

I’m still stuck on 2 Corinthians 13:1-9 concerning James 1:4

what does 2 Corinthians 13:1-9 say to you? what do you see as the perfect work of patience there?
To me it is similar to
2 Corinthians 12:14-19 (all things are for your edifying)
^the “let” in James 1:4 makes me think of where Paul said I will gladly spend and be spent for you…although the more I love you the less I be loved.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the testing of your faith produces (grows up) endurance. (A further continuance of the strengthening of His body.)

Let endurance have its perfect result. Consider that “Let”‘endurance (enduring hardness as a good soldier in Christ) let this endurance that was in Christ have its “perfect result”

…hold onto that “perfect result” for 2 Corinthians helps I think with: what is that “perfect result”?

now we pray to God that you do no wrong,
Not that we may appear approved. (I trust you will see we are not unapproved). For we do nothing against the truth, but [only] for the truth.

We rejoice when we are weak.
This we pray for, your perfection.
“Let endurance (enduring hardness as a good soldier in Christ) have its perfect result.” The result; equipping, preparing …“you”​

Much love!
An older topic but a very good one, especially the above posts.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

4) But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing
I love this that you shared “the result of endurance, it’s perfect work, is your maturity.”

2 Peter 1:3-8 shows (Imo) the perfect work of the knowledge of Christ increasing His attributes to maturity: “According as his divine power has given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: [4] Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these you might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. [5] And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; [6] And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; [7] And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. [8] For if these (attributes of the Father) things be in you, and abound shall (being increased in one towards another), they(His nature being increased in you all one towards another) make you that you (His body may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing; satisfied?) neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 4:11-13 - And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds and teachers, 12 to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, 13 until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood…didn’t stop because of what follows after is not important because it is, but stopped at “manhood” for what you said of “The result of endurance, it's perfect work, is your maturity.” …joined and held together by every joint with which it is equipped, when each part works properly…makes the body grow so it builds itself up in love. to mature manhood in every way into him who is the head, into Christ. >we are to grow up in every way into him.>

Ephesians 4:15-16
Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ, [16] from whom the whole body, joined and held together by every joint with which it is equipped, when each part is working properly, makes the body grow so that it builds itself up in love. (growing up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: marks

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An older topic but a very good one, especially the above posts.
Thank you for bringing this topic up again. It helped this morning as a reminder. I was so stressed last night tossing and turning in bed because I still can’t decide on what job where I can make the most money. Uneducated there are not many options. I laid there feeling like a failure at 54 being still undecided on who or what I’m supposed to be. Reading over this thread this morning reminded me to not beat myself up for what I’m not, but instead to focus on Christ being reminded that in Him …all that I’m getting stressed over doesn’t define my worth.

• Love
Reactions: marks and Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I still can’t decide on what job where I can make the most money. Uneducated there are not many options.
I don't know if you would be interested in this. Our news said a lot of States have a tremendous need for school bus drivers! Also, there is a shortage of 911 operators here, not sure about other States.

• Love

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for bringing this topic up again. It helped this morning as a reminder. I was so stressed last night tossing and turning in bed because I still can’t decide on what job where I can make the most money. Uneducated there are not many options. I laid there feeling like a failure at 54 being still undecided on who or what I’m supposed to be. Reading over this thread this morning reminded me to not beat myself up for what I’m not, but instead to focus on Christ being reminded that in Him …all that I’m getting stressed over doesn’t define my worth.
Yes, I'm finding it a good reminder today also!

Much love!