Let God keep it

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John Newton well known composer of the best known Christian hym of all time, Amazing Grace, was the lowest of the low. Captain of a slave ship he was witness to and complicit in horrible deeds against other human beings. Helpless slaves.

After being saved God gave him a vivid dream. In this dream it was night and he stood on the deck of a ship. An angelic being appeared and gave him a golden ring. He was told that the ring represented the gift of forgiveness and salvation from God to him. That he was to hold onto it no matter what. To never let it go for it was the seal between him and God that he was forgiven and saved by the blood of Jesus Christ. Then the angel of the Lord departed.

Another being appeared afterwards and started questioning him about the ring. The being began to suggest that he take the ring and cast it into the sea. At first the idea sounded insane but the persuasive being continued to coax and cajole him into throwing away the precious ring. Finally he pulled it from his finger and threw it into the sea.

Immediately it was if the hills on the nearby seashore broke out in flames and John was gripped with the greatest sadness and despair he'd ever known. He'd taken God's gift and thrown it away as if it was worthless. He wept and wept and as he did the angel of the Lord returned. He asked where the ring was and John told him the story.

The angel dove over the side and into the dark waters. After a whole he returned and had the ring in his hand. He said "this gift is too valuable to entrust just to you so I'm going to keep it for you. Then it will be ready whenever you need it".

This dream was recounted by John Newton in his autobiographical book "Ever increasing faith". I read this many years ago and the story of the dream has always stuck with me.

The following scripture was given me by the Holy Spirit one night after giving me the dream about the gates of hell which I recounted on this site.

Hebrews 10:35 KJVS
Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.

God is the keeper of our faith and salvation. Amen

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
John Newton well known composer of the best known Christian hym of all time, Amazing Grace, was the lowest of the low. Captain of a slave ship he was witness to and complicit in horrible deeds against other human beings. Helpless slaves.

After being saved God gave him a vivid dream. In this dream it was night and he stood on the deck of a ship. An angelic being appeared and gave him a golden ring. He was told that the ring represented the gift of forgiveness and salvation from God to him. That he was to hold onto it no matter what. To never let it go for it was the seal between him and God that he was forgiven and saved by the blood of Jesus Christ. Then the angel of the Lord departed.

Another being appeared afterwards and started questioning him about the ring. The being began to suggest that he take the ring and cast it into the sea. At first the idea sounded insane but the persuasive being continued to coax and cajole him into throwing away the precious ring. Finally he pulled it from his finger and threw it into the sea.

Immediately it was if the hills on the nearby seashore broke out in flames and John was gripped with the greatest sadness and despair he'd ever known. He'd taken God's gift and thrown it away as if it was worthless. He wept and wept and as he did the angel of the Lord returned. He asked where the ring was and John told him the story.

The angel dove over the side and into the dark waters. After a whole he returned and had the ring in his hand. He said "this gift is too valuable to entrust just to you so I'm going to keep it for you. Then it will be ready whenever you need it".

This dream was recounted by John Newton in his autobiographical book "Ever increasing faith". I read this many years ago and the story of the dream has always stuck with me.

The following scripture was given me by the Holy Spirit one night after giving me the dream about the gates of hell which I recounted on this site.
Hebrews 10:35 KJVS
Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.
God is the keeper of our faith and salvation. Amen
Job 33:14-18
(14) For God speaks once, yea twice, yet man perceives it not.
(15) In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falls upon men, in slumberings upon the bed;
(16) Then he opens the ears of men, and seals their instruction,
(17) That he may withdraw man from his purpose, and hide pride from man.
(18) He keeps back his soul from the pit, and his life from perishing by the sword.