Let me kill you....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
From a local commentator regarding a present issue in Australia. A similar proposal was voted down in New Zealand....
Martyn Isles
“Voluntary Assisted Dying” is a word salad which means helping someone commit suicide.

Except when you say it clearly, it sounds nasty. Because it is.

You’re 90 years old? Holding up the kids’ inheritance? Always a burden to others, needing help? Lonely? There are people who can help you die…

Before you protest, the Aged Care Royal Commission has uncovered far worse. Their preliminary report was titled, “Neglect.” Before you protest, the poster boy for euthanasia in Australia was, for a long time, Dr David Goodall who had nothing wrong with him apart from being 103.

You’re depressed? Can’t shake it? Living in darkness and emptiness? You know, there are people who can help you end it…

Before you protest, that is precisely why people get euthanasia, in droves, in countries around the world. In Europe, they are called “tired of life” cases. So much for LifeLine. Tom Mortier’s mother was killed without her son’s knowledge because she was depressed.

In 2019, Belgium began euthanising disabled children as young as 8.

Borderline personality disorder, alcoholism, botched sex changes, blindness, dementia, depression… mobile euthanasia units will visit your home in the Netherlands with a handy suicide drug.

Euthanasia accounts for over 5% of deaths in countries that have had it the longest.

But worst of all, the psychology of medicine and care has changed. Killing is a valid treatment. Killing is caring. Think about that. The Hippocratic Oath is finally dead.

Once you let go of a single, simple, vital principle – namely, that life is sacred – you have no firm foundation left. Arguments over the patient’s age, prognosis, type of illness, mental versus physical suffering, mentally fit or unfit… they’re just people’s opinions… and they can all be eroded in the name of “compassion.” And they are. Every time.

This is the road down which VIC, WA and TAS have started. It is the road promised by a re-elected Labor government in QLD.

We will rue the day we made ourselves killers and clothed it in virtue.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From a local commentator regarding a present issue in Australia. A similar proposal was voted down in New Zealand....
Martyn Isles
“Voluntary Assisted Dying” is a word salad which means helping someone commit suicide.

Except when you say it clearly, it sounds nasty. Because it is.

You’re 90 years old? Holding up the kids’ inheritance? Always a burden to others, needing help? Lonely? There are people who can help you die…

Before you protest, the Aged Care Royal Commission has uncovered far worse. Their preliminary report was titled, “Neglect.” Before you protest, the poster boy for euthanasia in Australia was, for a long time, Dr David Goodall who had nothing wrong with him apart from being 103.

You’re depressed? Can’t shake it? Living in darkness and emptiness? You know, there are people who can help you end it…

Before you protest, that is precisely why people get euthanasia, in droves, in countries around the world. In Europe, they are called “tired of life” cases. So much for LifeLine. Tom Mortier’s mother was killed without her son’s knowledge because she was depressed.

In 2019, Belgium began euthanising disabled children as young as 8.

Borderline personality disorder, alcoholism, botched sex changes, blindness, dementia, depression… mobile euthanasia units will visit your home in the Netherlands with a handy suicide drug.

Euthanasia accounts for over 5% of deaths in countries that have had it the longest.

But worst of all, the psychology of medicine and care has changed. Killing is a valid treatment. Killing is caring. Think about that. The Hippocratic Oath is finally dead.

Once you let go of a single, simple, vital principle – namely, that life is sacred – you have no firm foundation left. Arguments over the patient’s age, prognosis, type of illness, mental versus physical suffering, mentally fit or unfit… they’re just people’s opinions… and they can all be eroded in the name of “compassion.” And they are. Every time.

This is the road down which VIC, WA and TAS have started. It is the road promised by a re-elected Labor government in QLD.

We will rue the day we made ourselves killers and clothed it in virtue.

Only younger people who think they will never get old are in favor of killing the old people.

When they started killing babies, pro-lifers said they would start killing old people next. They were right!

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only younger people who think they will never get old are in favor of killing the old people.

When they started killing babies, pro-lifers said they would start killing old people next. They were right!
You know I actually got the first part of what you said from a 30 odd year old a few years back....she said, our generation will live much longer that yours.....IMO they are of a more selfish generation...not all, although many

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

my last post was listed twice..weird

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know I actually got the first part of what you said from a 30 odd year old a few years back....she said, our generation will live much longer that yours.....IMO they are of a more selfish generation...not all, although many

"IMO they are of a more selfish generation...not all, although many"

How sadly true, I see the younger ones in my own family. Satan has the huge majority of them looking inward and is doing a splendid job of keeping their eyes on their own selves instead of God. It's like he has their lives in vices!

Reactions: APAK

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only way I would be for this is if somebody was seriously ill and suffering otherwise I find I as bad as abortion, possibly even worse because of the fact that nobody is caring enough to try and stop them. :(