Let off some steam thread....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was talking to @FluffyYellowDuck and we agreed it might be nice to have a blow off some steam thread to get things off your chest. My hopes is that it might alleviate thoughts and feelings that stop the Holy Spirit from bringing peace into our hearts.

Please don't openly attack anyone or this thread will most likely get shut down!

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm tired of posts with an underlying assumption that Catholics don't have Faith in Christ as their saviour..

Telling a faithful Catholic that they need to have Faith in Christ, is like telling an astronaut that he needs his spacesuit to step outside the station..

Duh!

There, I said it. Thanks for letting me blow off steam..

I apologise if this leads to a derailment of the thread..

Pax et Bonum!

Taodeching

Apr 8, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like what kind of steam? For instances I hate that people here espouse lies about Liturgical Christianity like Catholicism, Orthodoxy, Anglicanism, etc. Instead of asking question to clear things up people attack, this is not indicative of a good forum. Many say here they are Christians but don't really act like it.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wasteful "food and product" packaging drives me nuts.
A sealed package, zip ties, plastic pieces already fraying fabric, glued cardboard with cardboard fillers, put in thin plastic bags that rip apart. And the bread you want soft and in one piece, little plastic bag, the checker squeezes.... :mad:
I burn more cardboard and plastic packaging junk in a month, then use to fill a barrel in a year!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wasteful "food and product" packaging drives me nuts.
A sealed package, zip ties, plastic pieces already fraying fabric, glued cardboard with cardboard fillers, put in thin plastic bags that rip apart. And the bread you want soft and in one piece, little plastic bag, the checker squeezes.... :mad:
I burn more cardboard and plastic packaging junk in a month, then use to fill a barrel in a year!
I'm getting sick of this too!

And the huge boxes that Amazon sends for like one package of pencils is ridiculous! Put 1,000 more pencils in the box to make up for it

Duh

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't stand super long threads and wonder why people engage in 1000's of posts. I also don't like people attacking orthodox Christians as I see myself as mostly orthodox in my beliefs.

Threads that stay on topic...moreso I think they run long because of "strong passion" about the topic.