Let us return to the Lord

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hosea 6:1-3 Come: Let us return to the Lord, He has punished us1 but He will restore us. After two days He will revive us 2, on the third day He will raise us up and we will live in His presence 3. Let us strive to know the Lord, whose coming is as sure as the sunrise. His coming will refresh us like the spring rains.

Hosea 6:4-11 How shall the Lord deal with His people? Their loyalty is like the morning mist, that is why His prophets castigate them and His Word indicts them. Their God requires loyalty, not sacrifices, belief and trust in Him rather than offerings. But they have transgressed the Covenant and brought defilement upon themselves. The House of Israel has prostituted itself and for Judah too, a harvest of reckoning will come 4.

Hosea 7:1-2 & 13-16 When the Lord decides to restore the fortunes of His people 6, their guilt will stand revealed. He constantly watches5, they are unaware that He has kept account of their misdeeds and faithlessness. Disaster will strike 4 them for their rebellion, even though He desires to deliver them, but their false beliefs and insincere worship indicts them. Their leaders will be killed for speaking falsely, foreigners will deride them for their foolishness. Ref:REB Abridged

1/ Punishment by exile from the holy Land for 2730 years. Ezekiel 4:4-6, Lev. 26:18-28

The House of Judah has returned, but the House of Israel remains in exile.

2/ 2 days = 2000 years. Psalms 90:4, 2 Peter 3:8

3/ The 1000 year Millennial reign of Jesus. Revelation 20:6, Luke 13:32

4/ The terrible Day of the Lord’s vengeance and fiery wrath. Ezekiel 7:1-9, Hosea 8:14, Zephaniah 1:14-18 & 2:1-2, 2 Peter 3:7, Revelation 6:12-17, +

5/ God is watching us. Job 34:21-23, Psalm 11:4, Psalm 33:13-15, Jeremiah 16:17

6/ The time of Restoration: The period between the 2nd Exodus of all of the Christian Israelites and the Return of Jesus. Described in Ezekiel 34:11-16, Ezekiel 36, Jeremiah 31, Isaiah 61, Joel 2:22-32 and in Romans 9:24-26.

The great gathering and judging of all the Israelites:

Ezekiel 20:34-38 By My strong hand and outstretched arm and outpoured wrath, I shall bring you out from the nations and gather you from the lands where you have been dispersed. I shall bring you into the place of judgement and there I shall confront all of you, even as I did to your forefathers in the wilderness. I shall make you pass under the rod of judgement, counting you as you pass. I shall purge out all those who revolt and rebel against Me, they will come out of the nations where they now live, but they will not set foot on the holy Land of Israel. This is the Word of the Lord God. Deuteronomy 30:1-10, Acts 3:19

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What is your practical application of this sermon?

What does it mean for the ordinary Christian?
What does it mean to the disobedience Christian?
Is there a meaning for Christians, does it not only apply to Israel?

You have raised more questions than answers.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
My point in the OP, is to show the difference between the House of Israel and the House of Judah.
Two separate peoples, Judah are the Jewish peoples, now in possession of a small part of the holy Land.

Israel is hidden, scattered among the nations, but are identifiable by their Christian faith. They are now people from every race, nation and language. Revelation 5:9-10 They- WE, will go to our heritage of all of the holy Land after the separation as described by Ezekiel 20:34-38

Reactions: Episkopos

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Psalms 11, 12 & 13
How long, O Lord, will You leave us forgotten, how long will You hide Your face from us?

Save us Lord, for now people are disloyal and unfaithful to their Maker, they tell lies and in their hearts is duplicity and evil. May the Lord make an end to such sinfulness and boasting of how, by their own strength, they will prevail.

The ungodly peoples show off their own achievements and things of little worth win high acclamation. What can a good person do against the insidious assault of all that is true and righteous? Now, the enemies of Your people are preparing their weapons for a surprise attack. In You, Lord, I take refuge; for no one can escape Your wrath by fleeing to the mountains.

Have regard now for Your people, those who revere Your Name and keep Your Commandments. Do not let our enemies say: We have overthrown the people of the Book, do not let them rejoice at our downfall. Now I will arise, says the Lord, for I see the poor abused and the needy call for help. I shall place them into the safety which they long for.

The Lord is in His holy place, on His throne in heaven. He searches mankind, weighing the just and the unjust. He hates those who love violence and He will rain fiery coals amid a blast of great heat, that will reduce them to ashes.

The Words of the Lord are pure, refined as fine silver or gold. Lord, we look to You for protection, your strong hand will guard us from the attacks of the enemy. As for me, I will trust in Your unfailing love, my heart will rejoice when I am brought to safety. I shall praise and worship my God, for He has granted all that I desire.
Reference REB. Abridged and paraphrased.

Have regard now for Your people, those who revere Your Name and keep Your Commandments.

The faithful Christian people, from every tribe, race, nation and language. Rev 5:9-10
It is them who the Lord will protect on His terrible Day of fiery wrath, as He sends fire amid a blast of great heat to destroy His enemies and set the scene for all that must happen before He Returns for His Millennium reign.

Reactions: Episkopos

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
My point in the OP, is to show the difference between the House of Israel and the House of Judah.
Two separate peoples, Judah are the Jewish peoples, now in possession of a small part of the holy Land.

Israel is hidden, scattered among the nations, but are identifiable by their Christian faith. They are now people from every race, nation and language. Revelation 5:9-10 They- WE, will go to our heritage of all of the holy Land after the separation as described by Ezekiel 20:34-38

The house of Israel nolonger exists, what we call Israel is really the remnant of Judah.

Calling on Hebrew speakers to return to the worship of Jesus on a Christian forum is the height of redundancy.
Just how many posters here are resident in the land of Israel?

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The house of Israel nolonger exists, what we call Israel is really the remnant of Judah.
What the Jews call Israel, is themselves. They have falsely usurped that name, it doesn't belong to them now, at all.
All the faithful born again Christians are the true Israel of God, the Overcomers for Him. Galatians 6:14-16 makes that plain.
Calling on Hebrew speakers to return to the worship of Jesus on a Christian forum is the height of redundancy.
Just how many posters here are resident in the land of Israel?
This is not what I was doing. Please read my post again; you will see that I never mention Israel or the Jews.
The people those Psalms refer to are: those who revere Your Name and keep Your Commandments.