Let's talk about Salvation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let’s talk about Salvation

The message of Salvation is simple and clear, all things considered, that is a miracle in itself.

The early Christians did not have a Bible to read. They were told what to do and they did it. Back then the term follower was not just walking behind someone. It meant a believer that did what they were told to do and they believe that was “The Way” to heaven. They knew that following Christ meant a whole new moral life. They knew that following Christ was a life commitment.

The early Christians that believed in Christ knew it went far past a mere thought. It was a commitment. They knew that Christians would be known by their fruits. Their love of God, their moral conduct, and their compassion for one another would be the Christian Standard. Meaning that Christ expects us to be the light of the world, an example for all to see.

They chose to believe in Yeshua as the Son of God a full-fledged God …. Savior and Messiah that had walked among them. They believed that He was the Lamb of God that sacrificed Himself for their sins.

They were instructed on the morals of Christianity and they were told to repent of their past lives and sins and commit to the morals of Christianity.

In the interest of preaching one Gospel some of the early Christians stood with their congregations and read out load a statement of faith. These statements of faith became known as the Apostle’s Creed. Baptism was explained to them so they knew what it meant.

Romans 6:3-5 Or do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death? Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life. For if we have become united with Him in the likeness of His death, certainly we shall also be in the likeness of His resurrection, knowing this, that our old self was crucified with Him, that our body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin.

Along with the beliefs that in Baptism we die in Christ, the person that emerges from the water as a new person from the perspective of God. Meaning, completely and totally a new person, consequently the Trinity having no memory of the old person, their sins, or their poor character or the evil deeds that they had done. It is the proverbial, instance of starting out with a new slate. This belief has some historical precedence in the early Church, for one, some would wait until they were near death to be baptized, thinking that way their soul would be free of sin when it came time to face judgment. It has been said that Emperor Constantine did this.

There is a psychological side of this because some people have trouble forgiving themselves. That is why it is so very important to understand and believe the power of baptism. Not all of us come from a strong Christian up bringing. Some come to Christ with broken lives and horrible deeds. Things so horrible they think they could never be forgiven. One young man at the altar confessed as he broke down, I have shot up little girls with drugs so I could have sex with them! I ruined their lives and some have died. How can I be forgiven!

With baptism a person dies with Christ and all his or her sins die with them, never to be remembered by God again. --- And I will forgive their wickedness, and I will never again remember their sins --- With that person no longer existing, a person can better understand that they can move forward with their walk with Christ. Also it denies Satan any venue to accuse you of not being good enough to be a Christian.

From there they put on the cloak of Grace and they are presented before God the Father as perfected through Christ. Now part of His sacrificial death was to cover our sins with the Blood. To blot out all memory of our past. The other side of it was to redeem us. He redeemed us from that Old Testament system of sin and tally that God kept for all. Old Testament sacrifices did not forgive sins, did not remove them from God’s memory, they appeased God to prevent the wrath of God. Christ redeemed us from that system…..He purchased us with His Blood. Although because of Grace we are perfect in God the Father’s eyes, we know we are going to sin. But God the Father does not see that. God the Father has zero tolerance to sin, if He could see our sins we could not have a relationship with Him. The Grace of Christ perfects us, that is why the veil in the temple tore in two the moment Christ died on the cross. We were no longer separated from God the Father.

After Baptism our sins are between us and Christ. --- work out your own salvation with fear and trembling --- our walk with Christ begins. We do our best to be good and do good, and we will fail. We will repent and confess our sins and He is faithful to forgive us. Christ owns the system and forgiveness comes from Him. We do this faithfully and come Judgment Day there won’t be much to talk about except how wonderful Heaven will be.

The next thing is the bread and wine ritual….communion. For the early house churches, the meal was part of the services and this ritual was performed. Paul talked about these meals and he also warned that…. Everyone ought to examine themselves before they eat of the bread and drink from the cup. For those who eat and drink without discerning the body of Christ eat and drink judgment on themselves. That is why many among you are weak and sick, and a number of you have fallen asleep. 1st Corinthians 11:28-30

So this ritual is more than physical it has spiritual ramifications.

51 “I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.”

53 Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real. 56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them.

And we know that it is important to Christ because He said that if you do not perform this there is no life in you and you do not abide in Him or Him in you and will He raise you on the last day? The truth is, the Bible does not say why this ritual was so important and we do not know what all it does. All we know is that Christ told us to do it and explained the ramifications if we do not. So it is probably a wise choice to do it.

This ritual was performed by Christ at the Last Supper and became an important ritual within all of Christianity.

From there Christians assembled and worshipped the Lord. It was not long before they were doing it secretly…..In homes, in the woods, graveyards, and catacombs. Today we do not have to hide, we just have to be devoted enough to go to church….or assemble with other Christians and worship the Lord.

Last edited:

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How to be saved (born again) and join the family of God!!!

Romans: Chapter 10 verse 9-10-13 GOD SAYS=

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus,
and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him
from the dead, thou shalt be Saved. For with the heart man
believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession
is made unto Salvation. For whosoever shall call upon the
name of the Lord shall be Saved....................

---------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------

An example prayer for those that have never talked to God!

Heavenly Father:........................................... ...............................
I come to you in prayer asking for the forgiveness of
my Sins. I confess with my mouth and believe with my
heart that Jesus is your Son, And that he died on the
Cross at Calvary that I might be forgiven and have
Eternal Life in the Kingdom of Heaven. Father, I believe
that Jesus rose from the dead and I ask you right now
to come in to my life and be my personal Lord and
Savior. I repent of my Sins and will Worship you all the
day's of my Life!. Because your word is truth, I confess
with my mouth that I am Born Again and Cleansed
by the Blood of Jesus! In Jesus Name, Amen

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sacraments instituted by Christ for the salvation of souls!

It’s not a do it yourself religion!
It’s not a bible study!

It’s a covenant!

Not by “faith alone”
“Faith alone” not biblical
You may think “Accept Jesus Christ as you personal Lord and savior” is biblical but there is no such verse in your bible!

Faith and the sacraments in the church founded by the authority Christ on Peter and the apostles is biblical!

Faith and baptism is the biblical initiation into the new covenant and member is Christ and His holy church!
Ez 36:25-27 Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38

You cannot enter a covenant by “faith alone” must be a ritual outward sign!
Faith and baptism! Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38

Merits of christ’s passion, death, and precious blood are applied in the sacraments! Jn 1:16

Colossians 1:20
And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

Matt 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Acts 22:16
And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Rom 3:24
Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

1 pet 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Heb 10:22
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

Acts 2:47
Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Lk 1: 72 To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;

73 The oath which he sware to our father Abraham,

74 That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,

There is only one true church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors is the new covenant body of Christ! Matt 1:18 & Jn 10:16 one fold

1 Timothy 3:15
But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

Christ and His church are one: acts 9 why persecute me?

Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Sacraments are the fruit of the sacrifice!
The holy sacrifice of Christ, His passion, blood, and death producing unlimited fruits of divine grace, actual and sanctifying grace! Jn 1:29 Jn 1:16-17 Jn 10:10

“This promise” (sacred oath of God or sacrament) of the Father acts 2:38-39 with reference to ez 36:25-27 Also a mystery Mk 4:11 Eph 5:32 eph 6:19 1 Tim 3:9 3:16 Col 1:27 2:2 4:3

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Jn 3:5 born again by water and the spirit.

Heb 7:21 For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by him that said unto him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec
(Oath = sacrament)

Hebrews 8:6
But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises. Based on Jer 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

A promise is a sacred oath or sacrament!
Baptismal regeneration is the promise of the Father for union in the new covenant!

The church and the seven sacraments are necessary for salvation

Better covenant on better promises

2 Timothy 1:1
Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, according to the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus,

Life of supernatural grace merited by Christ in His passion and death!

An oath to sacramental life in the new covenant in union with the mediator and communion with God, and the saints!

Promise of the Father acts 2:23-39
Promise is an oath and an oath is a sacrament! This promise of the sacrament of baptism refers to ez. 36:25-27

For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

1 Pet 3:20
Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark all died and outside the church there is no salvation!)

St. Paul tells the faithful at Ephesus that they have been “sealed with the promised holy Spirit.” This is in terms of an indelible character imprinted on the soul in the sacraments of baptism and confirmation. It is not as if this invisible mark is simply decorative. Rather, through it, we are enabled to participate in Christ’s mission and in his offices of priest, prophet, and king. Eph 1:13

Sealed by God eph 1:13 in the ark of salvation by baptism just as Noah was sealed by God in the ark of the flood gen 7:16

Sealed in the ark, sealed in the church the ark of salvation by baptism!

Jn 1:5-5 abide in Him, apart from Him you can do nothing.

Jn 10:10 life, (grace more abundantly)
Jn 1: 16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

Jn 1:16-17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
(Thru faith and the sacraments!)

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
op: talk about salvation?

Why? Is it that important? Seems everybody has THEIR OWN salvation figured out, although Many Disagree with Each Other...

baptism?
Is it yesterday's water? Or, Is it Today's Spiritual Baptism? Many are
so Confused???

one claims
it is not "a bible study" and then proceeds to quote DOZENS of
BIBLE VERSES! Huh???

Now, IF we want to talk about HOW TO "SOLVE" all of this Confusion, then, maybe, eh?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

---------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------

Heavenly Father:........................................... ...............................
Once that is done , get in those bibles and start learning .

Reactions: TEXBOW

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Be ye hearers and doers of the word , or we have truly deceived ourselves .
If JESUS said to do we do and if HE said not to do we do not do . Goes with all the letters from the apostels as well .
and many other examples in that bible .
Let all who name the glorious name of JESUS .........DEPART from inquity . let it not once be named among you as BECOMETH saints .
Now let all that draws breath praise and thank the glorious Lord

Reactions: Marvelloustime

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sacraments instituted by Christ for the salvation of souls!

It’s not a do it yourself religion!
It’s not a bible study!

It’s a covenant!

Not by “faith alone”
“Faith alone” not biblical
You may think “Accept Jesus Christ as you personal Lord and savior” is biblical but there is no such verse in your bible!

Faith and the sacraments in the church founded by the authority Christ on Peter and the apostles is biblical!

Faith and baptism is the biblical initiation into the new covenant and member is Christ and His holy church!
Ez 36:25-27 Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38

You cannot enter a covenant by “faith alone” must be a ritual outward sign!
Faith and baptism! Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38

Merits of christ’s passion, death, and precious blood are applied in the sacraments! Jn 1:16

Colossians 1:20
And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

Matt 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Acts 22:16
And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Rom 3:24
Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

1 pet 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Heb 10:22
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

Acts 2:47
Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

Lk 1: 72 To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;

73 The oath which he sware to our father Abraham,

74 That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,

There is only one true church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors is the new covenant body of Christ! Matt 1:18 & Jn 10:16 one fold

1 Timothy 3:15
But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

Christ and His church are one: acts 9 why persecute me?

Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Sacraments are the fruit of the sacrifice!
The holy sacrifice of Christ, His passion, blood, and death producing unlimited fruits of divine grace, actual and sanctifying grace! Jn 1:29 Jn 1:16-17 Jn 10:10

“This promise” (sacred oath of God or sacrament) of the Father acts 2:38-39 with reference to ez 36:25-27 Also a mystery Mk 4:11 Eph 5:32 eph 6:19 1 Tim 3:9 3:16 Col 1:27 2:2 4:3

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Jn 3:5 born again by water and the spirit.

Heb 7:21 For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by him that said unto him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec
(Oath = sacrament)

Hebrews 8:6
But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises. Based on Jer 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

A promise is a sacred oath or sacrament!
Baptismal regeneration is the promise of the Father for union in the new covenant!

The church and the seven sacraments are necessary for salvation

Better covenant on better promises

2 Timothy 1:1
Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, according to the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus,

Life of supernatural grace merited by Christ in His passion and death!

An oath to sacramental life in the new covenant in union with the mediator and communion with God, and the saints!

Promise of the Father acts 2:23-39
Promise is an oath and an oath is a sacrament! This promise of the sacrament of baptism refers to ez. 36:25-27

1 Pet 3:20
Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark all died and outside the church there is no salvation!)

St. Paul tells the faithful at Ephesus that they have been “sealed with the promised holy Spirit.” This is in terms of an indelible character imprinted on the soul in the sacraments of baptism and confirmation. It is not as if this invisible mark is simply decorative. Rather, through it, we are enabled to participate in Christ’s mission and in his offices of priest, prophet, and king. Eph 1:13

Sealed by God eph 1:13 in the ark of salvation by baptism just as Noah was sealed by God in the ark of the flood gen 7:16

Sealed in the ark, sealed in the church the ark of salvation by baptism!

Jn 1:5-5 abide in Him, apart from Him you can do nothing.

Jn 10:10 life, (grace more abundantly)
Jn 1: 16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

Jn 1:16-17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
(Thru faith and the sacraments!)
False doctrine of works based salvation from the heretical church of Rome.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks @Grailhunter .

So salvation or the way to the Kingdom of Heaven is:

1. Baptism
2. Communion

I agree with these main important points.

I tend not to weight any one component of the process of salvation over the others....except belief in Christ, because without that the rest are just actions.
Belief in Christ as the Son of God...Savior....Messiah
Repentance
Baptism
Communion....Bread and Wine Ritual

Leaving anyone of these out and Christ might ask you....Why do you call me Lord Lord and not do what I say?

From there Be good and do good the best ya can and.....“Ladies and gentlemen, as we start our ascent, please buckle your seatbelts and please make sure your seats are locked in position and tray tables are in their full upright position ... because you are headed to heaven.

Reactions: GaryAnderson

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Ah okay, so you don’t like getting baptized and taking communion at the church like @Grailhunter explained the whole history and ministry of Jesus from the beginning?

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't put words in my mouth. I said those are not requirements of salvation and they are not.

You see this is where I lose patience. You mess with people's understanding of what they should do to be saved and go to heaven.
I think someone in dark places that would be very pleased with you.
You know that what you say is a deception....and where all that comes from.
The reason I know that, is because if you were honest and or knew what you were talking about you would say..."I said those are not requirements for salvation and here are the scriptures that say word for word that they are not required for salvation."

Last edited:
Reactions: GaryAnderson

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The message of Salvation is simple and clear, all things considered, that is a miracle in itself.
As already pointed out Romans 10:9-10 tells us how we can be saved. And Paul said the same thing in Acts 16:30,31. But Peter also added the necessity of repentance for the remission of sins (Acts 3:19).

However salvation has three tenses and we should not forget those: (1) justification (past), (2) sanctification (present), and (3) glorification (future). When it comes to sanctification, the first step is Christian baptism. After that we see what else should be operational in the one who is being sanctified in Acts 2:42-47:
42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread [the Lord's Supper], and in prayers.
43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.
44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;
45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all
men, as every man had need.
46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.